IGNORED

Emirates & Etihad Credit Cards

blue1878

I used to fly with Etihad on a regular basis and was a member of there FF programme so earned air miles every time I flew with them.  And the air miles I earned helped me bring down the cost of some of my flights.  After about 3 to 4 years of flying with them I got a letter from MBNA asking me if I wanted to apply for the Etihad dual Visa/American Express Credit Cards.  Every £££ I spent on these Credit Cards would earn me air miles which would be added to the air miles I earned every time I flew with Etihad.  I got the credit cards because it was a good way to help me bring down the price of my flights.

Then in 2016 I started flying with Emirates so I took out MBNA's Emirates dual credit cards.  And the air miles I earned using the cards have helped me bring down the price of my latest flights by £95

Sadly I have had letters from MBNA to say that there agreement with these airlines is coming to an end.  In a couple of months I will get new credit cards. And with these Credit cards I will get 0.5% Cash back on each transaction

I'm a little sad because I liked the idea of earning air miles every time I used the cards.  And these air miles being added to the miles I earned each time I flew to Thailand

Bollocks...... I haven't had the letter yet....... do we still get so long to use up existing points?

First Ive heard too

There are no time to use up as the air miles as such as they are credited to you FF Guest account with Etihad monthly

T'is a pisser as I churn a good £200K a year through the cards

5 hours ago, Pinoydave said:

Bollocks...... I haven't had the letter yet....... do we still get so long to use up existing points?

I received the letters this week

Read this article

https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/11/12/emirates-skywards-uk-credit-card-best-replacement/

• 2 weeks later...

Though Im in Pattaya and letter has been sent to my UK address according to online account.

After negotiating with a voice-bot, got to speak (well I spoke, Abdul partook in some guttural English conversation level 1 exercise!)

anyhow, its bye bye Etihad cards as of 21st next month.

Archived