IGNORED

View Talay 6 Condos information

goinggrey

Pics and room number to come after my stay.

Pro's

-good location,AC works great,large fridge,good safe(on the small size though),lots of closet space,,a few extra appliances(kettle and toaster),the balcony has an O.K. view and smoking is allowed.The room itself is fairly quiet,but the building is busy and a bit noisy.Large variable speed fan in the middle of the room.I haven't seen any bugs yet,time will tell.1200 baht/night is okay.A lot of great services on the third floor(got a great hair cut for 200bt) and the WIFI seems good.

Con's

-Busy building,elevators are fast but there's a lot of traffic.The room is very dated,needs an upgrade soon.The king bed is hard and the pillows are thin,but I can live with it.Cleaning times are sporadic,and not great when it does happen.The T.V. is old and won't connect/read HDMI or my flash drive.

I think I would stay at VT6 again,but would not let the room be assigned on check-in again.

One comment on my SEA naivety,It took 24 hrs. of cold showers before I figured out how to get hot water.:Hit_Self:

Here's a few pics of the view

20180725_151240.jpg

20180725_151244.jpg

20180725_151257.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, goinggrey said:

Pics and room number to come after my stay.

Pro's

-good location,AC works great,large fridge,good safe(on the small size though),lots of closet space,,a few extra appliances(kettle and toaster),the balcony has an O.K. view and smoking is allowed.The room itself is fairly quiet,but the building is busy and a bit noisy.Large variable speed fan in the middle of the room.I haven't seen any bugs yet,time will tell.1200 baht/night is okay.A lot of great services on the third floor(got a great hair cut for 200bt) and the WIFI seems good.

Con's

-Busy building,elevators are fast but there's a lot of traffic.The room is very dated,needs an upgrade soon.The king bed is hard and the pillows are thin,but I can live with it.Cleaning times are sporadic,and not great when it does happen.The T.V. is old and won't connect/read HDMI or my flash drive.

I think I would stay at VT6 again,but would not let the room be assigned on check-in again.

One comment on my SEA naivety,It took 24 hrs. of cold showers before I figured out how to get hot water.:Hit_Self:

Here's a few pics of the view

20180725_151240.jpg

20180725_151244.jpg

20180725_151257.jpg

Nice summary - thank you.

There appears to be different types of rooms at VT6. I had a mate that stayed there for the first time last Christmas. He was dissatisfied with his dated room (granted, he is a little picky.. only stays in 5* hotels). He complained and threatened to leave. They said they would move him to a different room as soon as one opened up. The new one was better but he still prefers a 5* hotel.

I stayed at VT6 in May, shared a 2 bedroom unit with a friend of mine, I was there 11 days. During that 11 days I only took 2 girls back, the first one being an 18 year old. No ID check.

Second one, Mai, a 38 year old that I ended up hanging on too for the duration of the trip. It was so nice not having to deal with the ID exchange every time we came in or every time she went out and came back by herself  

Check in was a breeze, I had forgotten to hit the exchange on the way there and she gave me the going rate at the desk. 

Got to the room to find a great place  (see pics)

E7074353-7031-4A9D-9E94-55890653F92D.thumb.jpeg.9d0f3ae3b6332103f767a5d7c52f9ac2.jpeg

Never once where we asked for ID, in fact the only thing that’s hard about security is beating them to the elevator button.  

I also liked the fact that there a businesses on the first floor which we used , two stores, a hairdresser. ( my buddy is actually trying to pull one of them) there is also a couple laundry’s but we had a washer in the apartment and Mai did our laundry ...... naked.  

I go back end of September for three nights in Pattaya then on to Phuket for 5 again with Mai.

I have booked a single at VT6 again.  

View from the deck. 

7E9A1DD9-BE8C-47C8-8A6D-867D0053A4C4.thumb.jpeg.90191076fe960900cd7b950731c09677.jpeg

2 hours ago, fourrings said:

Never once where we asked for ID, in fact the only thing that’s hard about security is beating them to the elevator button.  

Yes but they sometimes tell the girls in thai how many other girls you have brought back. Also the motorbike guys at the beach road entrance tell the girls as well. A British guy told  me that his favourite girl kicked off in his room after they told her what he had been upto and she stopped speaking to him. It genuinely fucked his trip up for him.  

35 minutes ago, George1234 said:

Yes but they sometimes tell the girls in thai how many other girls you have brought back. Also the motorbike guys at the beach road entrance tell the girls as well. A British guy told  me that his favourite girl kicked off in his room after they told her what he had been upto and she stopped speaking to him. It genuinely fucked his trip up for him.  

I find this hard to believe. I've stayed here 3 time and never had a problem with security at any entrance. It's pretty simple guys, If you want the girls id checked just walk her over to the security desk. If you don't,  just wave hi and walk straight to the elevator.

11 hours ago, George1234 said:

The one girl I brought back so far was actually related to the security guy,So I'm sure this could easily happen.He and the other security guys have been friendly and helpful so far,But eventually I will bring someone else back.We'll see.

The majority of us are not fluent in Thai,so this really could happen anywhere

A bar girl I was with told me the motorbike guys outside the beach road entrance to Talay 6 have told her how many girls a guy has brought back that day. We were discussing condos, I don’t see why she would make that up. Nor do I see why the British guy would make up his story, again after discussing condos in passing. 

Certainly isn’t anything unique to Talay 6 and I intend to stay there on my next trip. It is something you have to consider wherever you stay. 

A bar girl I was with told me the motorbike guys outside the beach road entrance to Talay 6 have told her how many girls a guy has brought back that day. We were discussing condos, I don’t see why she would make that up. Nor do I see why the British guy would make up his story, again after discussing condos in passing. 
Certainly isn’t anything unique to Talay 6 and I intend to stay there on my next trip. It is something you have to consider wherever you stay. 

That’s why it’s good practice to regularly tip the guards, or various staff.

3 hours ago, goinggrey said:

The one girl I brought back so far was actually related to the security guy,So I'm sure this could easily happen.He and the other security guys have been friendly and helpful so far,But eventually I will bring someone else back.We'll see.

The majority of us are not fluent in Thai,so this really could happen anywhere

Use the lift in the carpark to bypass the desk, there is a security guy sitting at the ramp but he's never chased me to get a girls ID or anything. 

If you want to stay in VT6 there is a Dutch guy and his Thai wife rent out a couple on Airbnb.  I think they use the name 'On' or 'Oon'.  Keenly priced, modern and extremely clean.

I speak Thai and never heard the security guards tell a girl anything about number of girls brought back etc.

On 7/31/2018 at 21:46, mrfixer said:

If you want to stay in VT6 there is a Dutch guy and his Thai wife rent out a couple on Airbnb.  I think they use the name 'On' or 'Oon'.  Keenly priced, modern and extremely clean.

I speak Thai and never heard the security guards tell a girl anything about number of girls brought back etc.

Does any of the staff there know you speak Thai?

Let me said my experience in VT6 security guy(s)

Usually if you take a girl back, 80% no one ask for her ID (actually, depends on her look - if she really 'hooker look' they will still ask)

But if you take a Ladyboy back, it seems 100% they will ask for ID and sometime will also ask a lot of questions to your LB (in Thais so I don't know what they said)

Stayed at another Honey gem in VT6 in May.  They seem to be dated but clean and well worth the price.  Stayed with a TG so security saw her all the time and never asked for her ID.  So I had my own personal BG in my room already!

A friend of mine said to get either the side to the south or the beach side.  Apparently the north side might have a lot of air conditioners that kick on and off.

IMG_20180602_104950.jpg

IMG_20180602_104955.jpg

IMG_20180602_105002.jpg

IMG_20180602_105005.jpg

IMG_20180602_105013.jpg

IMG_20180602_105018.jpg

IMG_20180602_105022.jpg

IMG_20180602_105026.jpg

IMG_20180601_202753.jpg

On 8/1/2018 at 00:46, mrfixer said:

The security guard wouldn't tell the gal in front of you.

I know this happens. The idea that Thai security guys don’t speak to the bar girls is absurd, I see them laugh and joke with the girls all the time. They could not avoid the topic of farang mongering habits if they tried. 

My last condo stay I made sure I greeted the security guy (who was very friendly) when I first arrived. He helped me get a taxi on the metre my first morning. I came back with a couple of cold drinks and sweets from the 7/11 and a 500baht tip. Greeted him everyday from then out. I was spending a lot of time with my favourite bar girl ‘holiday gf’ and didn’t what it fucked up with her finding out about the other girls I had brought back. From what I can tell he never said a word - she would have gone ape if she had found out anything. 

Not sure if it was the tip and general respect I showed him or the fact that he just doesn’t involve himself regardless. I want to stay at VT6 in a few weeks, so I think I will be tipping and greeting to try prevent any loose tongues. 

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the security guy was related to the first Thai girl that I brought back,He absolutely told her about me seeing other girls.She stopped texting me as soon as I had a TF lady up to my place(she might have even asked him to).It was a dead stop and there could be no other reason for her to stop so abruptly.

As for tipping or being overtly friendly with the service or security staff,I don't think It really makes much difference.I don't think they really respect "falangs".I don't think they would do too much to jeopardize their jobs,but It won't stop them from making comments to our BFs.

I never had an issue with security until this current trip. The night security guy is a real pain in the ass always asking the ladies for their id’s even when I wave him off and tell him no. As far as tipping him to change his behavior, well I’m certainly not going to tip a guy to stop being an asshole. Next time I see him, I’m going to politely tell him that while I appreciate his concern for my security, please leave the decision to take id’s up to me and not say anything to my guests.

Apparently the security guys have recently been taking a bollocking from residents who live there about them not taking IDs. This comes from a British guy who stayed there for 4 weeks. He told me saw an old British guy (assume a longterm resident) tear a strip of the security guy for not taking the ID of an obvious hooker coming back with a tourist farang. Might explain his eagerness. 

Yeah, that might explain it as I never noticed this in this past. Maybe residents with concerns such as this guy’s should reconsider living in a building known for renting out units to sex tourists.

Yeah, that might explain it as I never noticed this in this past. Maybe residents with concerns such as this guy’s should reconsider living in a building known for renting out units to sex tourists.
Or maybe they should get the board to strictly enforce the 30 day rental laws!

4 hours ago, hioctane said:

Or maybe they should get the board to strictly enforce the 30 day rental laws!

I guess if they’re owners rather than long term renters, they could give it a shot. Might be some push back from the owners who do short term rentals though. Honestly, I don’t want to give the security guy grief if there has been a recent policy change and he is simply doing his job. But as someone who has been using VT6 for several trips now and also reading recent posts, his insistence on collecting id’s came as a surprise to me.

54 minutes ago, bgtp said:

I guess if they’re owners rather than long term renters, they could give it a shot. Might be some push back from the owners who do short term rentals though. Honestly, I don’t want to give the security guy grief if there has been a recent policy change and he is simply doing his job. But as someone who has been using VT6 for several trips now and also reading recent posts, his insistence on collecting id’s came as a surprise to me.

I understand your feelings on this but the building is a condominium not a hotel - People live there and we should respect the policies and rules of the tenants. As you know, these condo's technically shouldn't be leased out for  less than 30 days.

On the subject of ID, whilst I understand your reluctance to ask your BF to hand over her ID, how would you feel if she screwed you over by stealing from you ? At least you have some comeback. I'm all for ID checking.

On 24/06/2018 at 08:39, Buddy Edgewood said:

Just got back from staying at VT6 and I really enjoyed my stay.  Will most definitely stay there again in the near future. 

It's true, they always have security at the elevator lobby.  For what, I don't know because all I ever got out of them was a wave, a cordial greeting and a push of the elevator button.  If they do hold IDs, apparently you have to ask them to do so, because nobody asked for anything every time I brought a girl back.  Even if they do hold the ID, that's all they're doing - I didn't see a photocopier nearby or record books for logging ID numbers, names or room numbers.

Yes, there are room safes, actually pretty good safes IMO that require a code AND a key to open (at least in the room I stayed).  There was no land-line phone in the room.

If it makes you feel any better, there are security cameras throughout the building and I noticed that the security guys were occasionally watching them.  But that won't help if you're getting murdered by a Beach Rd ladyboy in your room. :Whistle:

As LOTTELLEE WINNA mentioned, if you want hotel type security, you should probably stay at a hotel. 

Because they've never asked your girl for ID you've missed it. They do have a book that they record any ID that they take in. Have had for years. They also issue the girls with a green visitor pass and ask you what room number your in and record that as well. When your girl leaves they sign the book to say they have received their ID back. There's a photo copier 20 feet away in the Juristic office, when I've had a LLT stay with me they have made a photo copy of her ID to save having to hand it in all the time.

Having said that, it can be very hit and miss. I think as previously posted that they take note of how your girl is dressed. Any hint that she might actually be a genuine girlfriend/wife they won't embarrass your girl by getting her ID. I think that's the reason anyway.

I always tip the security guys there at the end of every stay, I think they do a fantastic job with a smile and a bit of a joke now and then.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 29/07/2018 at 05:42, George1234 said:

I'm surprised to hear that, and I'm not doubting you for minute that it happened. Just surprises me.

I've stayed there dozens of times in the last few years and never had that happen. Perhaps because I always walk my girls in and out and they don't get a chance to.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived