Pattaya Live Streams >> Tulip Girls Link Tree | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls Tulip Villa | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Is Business Class worth the extra €400 one way?

Cosa1717

I am flying from Dublin to Bangkok with Emirates. The return flight cost €850, a little higher as it is during the summer school holidays and returning near Christmas. 

They have sent an email to upgrade to Business one way for €407.

Would you take it, to try it once in your life? 

If you have an extra 400 lying around try it out.  But,  once you try it.  You'll never go back to economy. 

Is that for the entire outward journey or just one leg?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

28 minutes ago, davidge said:

Is that for the entire outward journey or just one leg?

Just checked the small print. It’s only to Dubai with no lounge access, no chauffeur, no extra baggage, no priority check in. 

I think i’ll pass actually as I thought it was for the full trip. Emirates economy is very good anyway.

43 minutes ago, Cosa1717 said:

Just checked the small print. It’s only to Dubai with no lounge access, no chauffeur, no extra baggage, no priority check in. 

I think i’ll pass actually as I thought it was for the full trip. Emirates economy is very good anyway.

I thought it might be.

Would certainly have been worth it if it was for entire journey.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

1 hour ago, davidge said:

I thought it might be.

Would certainly have been worth it if it was for entire journey.

Agreed 

When they 1st launched the 380 from Man to Bkk I thought I would upgrade to Bizz for a once in a lifetime experience. In the lounge in Manchester was joking with girls on reception that if they couldn't fill 1st class not to be embarrassed to ask us and my mate and I would upgrade for free obviously.

30 mins before boarding I got the call to the reception and we were given 1st class to Dubai but just Bizz for second leg. We got chatting and she said they hadn't offered it to the suits/ business men as they obviously didn't pay for their flights and she could see that us in smart jeans and shirt were on holiday and paid for our own, she asked us to not say anything in case people started kicking off.

1st class was awesome and it took a little bit of the shine off the 2nd leg.

in the 5 years ( ish) since then I have been out every year and only flown economy once now it's Bizz and tends to be Qatar I try and time it for the Dreamliner, main reason Qatar not Emirates is price as its usually £4/500 cheaper

They are sending that Emirates offer to a lot of customers now. It's a complete rip off compared to a proper business class ticket. As Cosa said, you get no lounge access, no chauffeur, no extra baggage, no priority check in...and no Fast Track VIP Security pass, and no additional frequent flier points either.

Basically, for £400 GBP one way, all you get is a bigger seat on the plane and a better meal. So add that up.

That's a theoretical extra £800 for a return. On top of your economy ticket, that adds up to about £1,450 - £1,500 GBP. Hell, I've booked full fare business class tickets for £1,900 - £2,000 GBP, which include all the goodies.

So how much those full fare extras worth? Well, a private Mercedes chauffeur at both ends on a return ticket (i.e. 4 chauffeur rides) would cost you £100 per ride minimum in Europe and £50 in Thailand, so that's £300 value straight away. Lounge access (provided you get in the dedicated Emirates lounges, e.g. LGW, LHR, BKK, DXB etc) is easily worth £50 each lounge if you are going to partake of a little Moet champagne (you pay £25 for those crappy Servisair lounges that offer almost nothing of real value). So for 4 lounge visits on a return flight, that's another £200 value. Can't really put a price on priority check in, but the Fast Track VIP security pass is a God-send. There's no queue, and instead of some twat barking "WATCHES, BELTS, SHOES, LAPTOPS, LIQUIDS, ALL OUT AND IN THE TRAY !!!!!" you instead get "Good afternoon sir, would you be so good as to place any metallic items in the tray, here let me get that tray for you. Just walk straight through and my colleague will take care of you. Any questions sir? Were you happy with the service today? Fantastic! Have a wonderful flight Sir!"

The extra baggage is worth a lot to some travellers, so you can decide on that one. For me, the flier points are a winner too. Remember that you can only earn TIER miles (i.e. the miles that can raise you from BLUE status up to SILVER, GOLD and PLATINUM) by actually buying Emirates flights. You typically only need 2 return business class flights a year to maintain your status, or 3 - 4 flights to climb to the next status. Each status upwards has generous benefits, so for me, I'd personally put £100 value on the points for each fully paid business class flight.

Finally, as they only send those emails out usually the day before you are due to fly, the chances are all the best seats are taken (assuming they even let you book your seat in advance for that upgrade). So chances are you will be sitting behind the bulkhead or right next to the galley/toilets!

I'm no mathematician, but for me, the £400 upgrade is a relative rip off. However, if you are never likely to fly business class again and you simply want to see what it's like upstairs on the plane, then by all means pay £400 once and give it a go. However, only do it on an A380 where at least you get to enjoy the upstairs bar!

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

On 12/06/2018 at 10:02, Cosa1717 said:

I am flying from Dublin to Bangkok with Emirates. The return flight cost €850, a little higher as it is during the summer school holidays and returning near Christmas. 

They have sent an email to upgrade to Business one way for €407.

Would you take it, to try it once in your life? 

I have only flown First or Business since 2003 so more than one time in my life and that's a cheap add-on for that distance. 

Definately worth it. If I can't travel business long haul, I don't travel at all.  I'm done with cattle class.

1 hour ago, ricktoronto said:

I have only flown First or Business since 2003 so more than one time in my life and that's a cheap add-on for that distance. 

It's changed a hell of a lot since then.  Lie Flat beds and on some airlines, actual sheets and a quilt.  It's as different to travelling economy as chalk and cheese. 

1 hour ago, ricktoronto said:

except it's not. the upgrade is for 1 leg  only............dublin to dubai.

I've just received the same re business upgrade July 8th Newcastle to Dubai £358. The Dubai to Bangkok leg was 259 and fares same for return.

Ok, to me it all depends on the flight times. Previously, i have booked full business but found that after let's say a 22.00 departure from Madrid and then a 5 hr wait in Dubai to then have a 7 hr into Bangkok , I'm knackered, even if it's a 380 and I can sit at the bar.

Previous returns have left Bangkok at 02.00, 7 hrs into Dubai, 3 hr wait and 6. 5 hrs home, I'm to knackered to appreciate the business class benefits.

So July 8th, i have upgraded only the 1st leg. Why?, it's a 13.45 departure. 

I won't be tired, so can eat and drink all the way east. Shame its a 777 and not 380 but whatever.

For the other legs, I've paid £75 each leg for a bulk head seat.

Why, well its a 05.00 ish departure from Dubai and I'll be knackered and hope to stretch my legs and get some kip.

Return flight leaves Bangkok 02.00 ish and again I'll be knackered, 3 hrs in Dubai and on to Newcastle, again totally knackered now.

By the way i live in Spain but visiting family in UK prior to 8th July. 

This is my compromise. 

I would love business class all the time but sometimes i can't justify it.

I keep thinking of value for money and what i can get in Pattaya for the dame amount.

My pet hate is the person in economy who immediately reclines their seat and the whole cabin has to follow suit.

On my economy trips this time, leading from the front, i will not do this. I have all the leg room i need.

In the end though guys, it's each to their own.

I rent an apartment for a month in the Avenue Residence at 650 baht a night.

Some guys rent a suit a 2000.

I have my contacts for 1500 LT, no bar fine or lady drinks. Some guys are gogo inclined at 1000/1500 bf and lady drinks and then the girl.

I eat fresh fruit for breakfast, some guys 160/200, me 20.

Dinner is from Thai foodstands at 60/70 baht or fried chicken at 30. Some guys are steak & co at 1500.

It's freedom of choice!!

O

400 just to Dubai just for the seat and none of the extras isn't worth it, if it was all the way to Bangkok then it's well worth it. I got Turkish airlines for 1600 all in, being able to sleep, the extra comfort, not having to listen to screaming kids, avoiding queues and the excellant food and service is well worth it. Going back to economy is so hard after though.

20 minutes ago, dontpanic said:

....the extra comfort, not having to listen to screaming kids...

There are kids in business class as well.  Some people take their kids business class to escape the child-haters and hostility to them in economy.

20 minutes ago, SirL said:

There are kids in business class as well.  Some people take their kids business class to escape the child-haters and hostility to them in economy.

Us child-haters can be just as hostile in business/first as we are in the back of the bus.

Also not saying that parents that can afford for the whole family to ride in the front have better behaved kids. I have found that the children that ride in business/first don't acted up and run around the cabin and scream the whole trip.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

4 hours ago, SirL said:

No bother with kids being there but they are never, in my experience the screaming kind or the ones whos parents think a plane is just a playground in the sky with absolutely nobody else onboard at all. My hostility is firmly focused on the parents.

I remember being in Thai business prior to takeoff enjoying a glass of champagne, when a young woman with babe in arms came and sat next to me. I promptly asked the stewardess if I could move( who moved me within a few minutes), to get a torrent of abuse from this woman about hating kids, most natural thing in the world, something wrong with me etc. When taking off, I could hear it screaming at the rear of business, thanking myself for moving for a bit of peace.

If you have an extra 400 lying around try it out.  But,  once you try it.  You'll never go back to economy. 

This is so true! I work for an airline so it costs me around £300 return to fly business SYD-BKK but this is standby only so if business is full I have to fly economy instead(£170).
After flying business with the lay flat seats and extra room it’s torture going back to economy makes the flight feel so much longer. Unfortunately I’d say 75% of my 8 trips a year are economy :(

Definitely worth it for that money especially considering the horrendously tight way Emirates configure their 777 in economy.

Really enjoyed the Turkish airlines business class, particularly the A330 from Istanbul to Bangkok. Service excellent, I really liked having  a chef onboard and the food was really nice. Also had a Turkish coffee and a real Turkish delight and they were both really nice.  A dessert trolley came around on the A330(which has a 2-2-2 formation) and they actually make the bed for you on the overnight flight. My flight was delayed 3 hours in Istanbul so I went from having a tight connection to having lots of time to explore the lounge which is just awesome. Overall couldn't fault it, great value for money at 800 euro each way. 

If you can afford it, go for it. I wish I could fly that way all the time. Be warned though, those seats in the back of the plane will seem even smaller after riding up front.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Archived