Sign in to follow this  
xerive

PCX Battery Died Keyless Model

xerive

Hello,

Ok my PCX battery has died and needs replacing - no big deal easy job to do.  

Ok I will just open the seat and then I can take the battery out...........................

LOL

Does anyone know how to open the seat lid on a PCX 2017 KEYLESS design?  In order to open the seat you turn on the "electrics" one notch - with no battery you cannot do this.  Looked in the manual no mention of how to do it.  

So - anybody know here?  Looked on the net and found nothing.  

If nobody knows I will phone Honda in the morning but surely its easy and im just being a bit thick?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Ru4Real

Google tells me it's cable operated; check to see if there is a cable under the back number plate, if so, push the cable and it "should" open :Dunno1:

xerive

only found 1 cable right hand side of the bike probably 3/4 centremetre in diameter.  It feels more like an electrical cable going to the lights at the back.

Hallmark

I'm probably wrong ( I frequently am according to some on here ) but I seem to remember asking the girl at the motorbike shop about this happening.

Now I think she said with a Honda it's a call out job but with the Yamaha Xerox there is a keyhole under the rear seat, in between the wheel and the mudguard, worth a try to have a look as maybe I got them mixed up ?.

Oukiva
1 hour ago, xerive said:

Does anyone know how to open the seat lid on a PCX 2017 KEYLESS design?  In order to open the seat you turn on the "electrics" one notch - with no battery you cannot do this.  //

It's like an iPhone. When the battery die, you just have to change the full device... :rolleyes:

xerive
12 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

It's like an iPhone. When the battery die, you just have to change the full device... :rolleyes:

hahaha - i do like the Yamaha xmax 300 :)  

However - i forgot about a small plastic tool they supply you with - with the keys.  It goes in a hole to the right of the electric start toggle thing - this opens the seat.

bangna
57 minutes ago, xerive said:

hahaha - i do like the Yamaha xmax 300 :)  

However - i forgot about a small plastic tool they supply you with - with the keys.  It goes in a hole to the right of the electric start toggle thing - this opens the seat.

A picture paints a thousand words lol

Edited by bangna

xerive

its raining