IGNORED

BA AVIOS REWARDS 50% SALE

neilri2001

I din't take much notice when this sale was first announced as i don't travel economy to Thailand but then realised that it might be of particular interest to expats because of the ability to book one way flights without paying a massive financial  penalty.

You need to book by June 17th but you can get a one way ticket from Bangkok to LHR for only 9750 avios plus approximately £135 in taxes. One way from Heathrow is the same in avios but about £100 more in taxes. I looked at some random dates in October and availability was wide open. The sale only covers economy class rewards. I had a quick look for Business class as i have an upgrade voucher to use but whereas economy availability was plentiful there was just about no business class reward availability

I looked at this too but I dont see the 50% reduction on Business Class

75,000 + £400 (odd) each way last week before the sale

exactly the same this week after the sale

I sent them a message - got some generic response

7 minutes ago, socrates said:

I looked at this too but I dont see the 50% reduction on Business Class

75,000 + £400 (odd) each way last week before the sale

exactly the same this week after the sale

I sent them a message - got some generic response

There is no 50% reduction in Business Class. The offer is strictly economy only. I also took a look at business class as i have a credit card ba upgrade voucher to use.

They only guarantee 2 Biz Avios seats on every flight, available 355 days before departure but do drip more leading up to flight and not unusual for them to release quite a few in week or so before departure if flight has not sold well. They don't guarantee any First Class reward seats but I got 2 to HK last Aug a week before departure and that was from 6 available. Impossible to predict really.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• COVID-19

Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

• Advertise on Pattaya Addicts