Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

5 Day Retirement Visa Process

Cable Guy

Just now, Tripp said:

He has history then?

Same user name on Philippine Addicts and and this is his interest being an Expatriate Services Consultant.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ludhamlad said:

Same user name on Philippine Addicts and and this is his interest being an Expatriate Services Consultant.

1 minute ago, Ludhamlad said:

well he hasn't done himself or his business any marketing favours with this post and the mainly negative replies.  Not very bright then? 

It's also interesting that he has four posts (as of today) and is an Advanced Member. :-)

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

Once you have the Non-Imm O, 30 days (45 in some places) before it expires you need the 800 K in the Bank for at least 2 months (doesn't matter whether it came from inside or outside of Thailand) or the 65K+ certificate of income  (Subsequent extensions the money needs to be in for 3 months)

I thought one could also get by with a combination of both i.e. 400K in the bank and income of 32.5K a month

10 minutes ago, Garzan said:

It's also interesting that he has four posts (as of today) and is an Advanced Member. :-)

He has this because he's Advanced on Phil Addicts, should work both ways ie Advanced on PA should be entitled to it on Philippine Addicts too.

9 minutes ago, Garzan said:

and a member for 2 1/2 years

9 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I thought one could also get by with a combination of both i.e. 400K in the bank and income of 32.5K a month

Yep.... When doing a conversion in country you can "Top-up" the difference between 800k & your income in a bank account and use the combination method, there are different rules about the cash in the bank portion (e.g. Technically it doesn't have to be seeded for 2-3 months, but rules seem to be different depending on which immigration office/officer you're dealing with)

If you're getting the Non-Imm O in a neighboring country, each has their own "Rules" (e.g. in Penang they expect to see evidence of income even if you have the necessary cash in the bank)

13 minutes ago, Ludhamlad said:

He has this because he's Advanced on PI, should work both ways ie Advanced on PA should be entitled to it on PI too.

Same in Bangkok Addicts as well 

1 hour ago, Tripp said:

They bust the dodgy IOs who are taking back handers to ignore the illegality and then they trace the applications back.  It has happened a few times recently.  The visa owner has no defence and is deported swith a ban added. 

Fair enough thanks for the info

On 6/11/2018 at 14:25, Oukiva said:

Can't understand why so many people use these buggy "Agency Visa". I am pretty sure one day will see a "Crackdown" on them, and many people may find themselves in an uncomfortable situation...

The ones i know who use it are guys who don't have 800,000 baht in the bank or a pension of 65,000 baht a month ( or a suitable combination).

It is better for some than going to the border  every 30 days (or whatever) which i think there is a limit on or going to Laos..

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

12 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

The ones i know who use it are guys who don't have 800,000 baht in the bank or a pension of 65,000 baht a month ( or a suitable combination).

It is better for some than going to the border  every 30 days (or whatever) which i think there is a limit on or going to Laos..

It sounds like the American Embassy might be the only Embassy that doesn't require any proof of income, just raise your hand and affirm that the info on the form is true and give them 50 USDs.  The boarder runs stopped in Sep 2006, up until then there were  vans making day trips to Cambodia from Pattaya frequently.

It sounds like the American Embassy might be the only Embassy that doesn't require any proof of income, just raise your hand and affirm that the info on the form is true and give them 50 USDs.  The boarder runs stopped in Sep 2006, up until then there were  vans making day trips to Cambodia from Pattaya frequently.

Still are loads of minivans going to Cambodia from Pattaya daily for border runs

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:37, Cable Guy said:

Putting it here in case someone ever needs info,  was very fast ,

Just did my Thailand Retirement visa,  took 5 days by Thai Visa Agency,  they also provided the 800K deposit on rent in and out,  smooth,

[email protected] 

Presentation1.pdf

office.jpg

I have always had it done legally and in no more than two days.

Second day only picking up the passport and having a picture taken.

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 19:13, usexpat46 said:

This past August I went to Jomtien to renew my retirement extension for the 12th time.  I had over 800K in my Bangkok Bank account which had been with them since 2009.and had their letter to immigration.  While getting my letter at Bangkok Bank I noticed that my time deposit account had terminated a couple day earlier so I renewed for another year. However they gave me another passbook so immigration wouldn't process my renewal as my book only had that days date.  Had to return to my condo and get the old passbook to show them the dates.

Yes, apart from the bank letter you need to show the complete seasoning period of three months.

Moreover, you should provide photocopies of that period in your passbook and also (which I once forgot) of the title page(s) of your passbook(s).

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:37, Cable Guy said:

Putting it here in case someone ever needs info,  was very fast ,

Just did my Thailand Retirement visa,  took 5 days by Thai Visa Agency,  they also provided the 800K deposit on rent in and out,  smooth,

[email protected] 

Presentation1.pdf

office.jpg

Are you by any chance a (dodgy) Russian?

Glad I use the Embassy letter for proof of income (USA).  Seems so much easier.  I do have proof of pension if ever they start asking.

3 hours ago, typhoon42 said:

Glad I use the Embassy letter for proof of income (USA).  Seems so much easier.  I do have proof of pension if ever they start asking.

The monthly financial requirement is income/pension.  I can see why the US Embassy just asks for us to affirm the info, otherwise they would be looking at rental property income/expense forms, financial statements showing interest and dividends earned, and if the individual owned a small business income/expense forms.

19 hours ago, Tripp said:

They bust the dodgy IOs who are taking back handers to ignore the illegality and then they trace the applications back.  It has happened a few times recently.  The visa owner has no defence and is deported swith a ban added. 

I heard that several times, but never saw any article in the media about such a case,

even never read on forums someone giving his experience of such a case. So ?

I recently went with an Italian friend to a visa agency to RENEW  his 'retirement visa'. It cost him about 12,000 baht. The second time he has renewed..

I said another friend was interested in getting a 'retirement visa' but she said for first time it is 22,000 Baht. I said is it cheaper as he already has 800,000 baht in the bank and she said no difference, they had 800,000 ready to pop into the bank

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

19 hours ago, Tripp said:

Source please...

If he already meets the legal requirements, why in the world would he want to go to an agency? 1900b and an afternoon would be all it should take if he already has the 800,000b in the bank and is over 50. The only real reason I can see using an agency is if you ~don't~ meet the legal requirements, and you're trying to substitute some under the counter bribes for not being able to do it honestly. 

6 minutes ago, Garzan said:

If he already meets the legal requirements, why in the world would he want to go to an agency? 1900b and an afternoon would be all it should take if he already has the 800,000b in the bank and is over 50. The only real reason I can see using an agency is if you ~don't~ meet the legal requirements, and you're trying to substitute some under the counter bribes for not being able to do it honestly. 

In my case:

1 I have the money that is required to do it myself but choose not to

2 I am a lazy bastard

3 I am not thrilled with interacting with ANY bureaucracy, and would prefer not to. So, there is a service available and I make use of that service.. I don't even like walking into a bank if I can avoid it...

4 Did I mention I was a lazy bastard?

5 I have no Desire to be sitting in Soi 5 listening the whinging that goes on in the place day in day out, usually because dopes (probably like I would) manage to fuck up their paperwork.. I pay people to make sure the paperwork is ok.. and it works a treat
6 Not everyone who uses an agency is dodgy.. to say so, is just taking a wild uninformed guess. Sure, maybe there are plenty of dodgies, but not all.

7 I am a lazy bastard.

18 minutes ago, dave01 said:

5 I have no desire to be sitting in Soi 5 listening the whinging that goes on in the place day in day out, usually because dopes (probably like I would) manage to fuck up their paperwork.. I pay people to make sure the paperwork is ok.. and it works a treat

6 Not everyone who uses an agency is dodgy.. to say so, is just taking a wild uninformed guess. Sure, maybe there are plenty of dodgies, but not all.

555 I stand (or sit actually) corrected. :-)  I'm somewhat cheap, and can't imagine paying someone 22,000b for something that only costs 1900b unless there are significant extenuating circumstances. Even paying someone 12,000b for something that only costs 1900b is still pretty weird to me. 

In that sort of situation, putting up with the unwashed mass of humanity and doing it yourself would be like getting a free Sapphire Long Time from their top performer. (the saved 10,000b) 

Up to you how you spend your money though. And now I can say I know at least one honest person (not fudging the requirements) who uses a Visa service. Up until now, I hadn't known of any. 

I think if you forego the dodgy part of having the agency "fake" meeting your income requirement, the fee for having them handling the paperwork submission process would be quite a bit less. Perhaps someone who has gone this route can post what the usual and customary fee is for that type of service. If low enough I might be tempted as, like @dave01,  I'm lazy too and like to avoid bureaucracy whenever possible.

47 minutes ago, dave01 said:

In my case:

1 I have the money that is required to do it myself but choose not to

2 I am a lazy bastard

3 I am not thrilled with interacting with ANY bureaucracy, and would prefer not to. So, there is a service available and I make use of that service.. I don't even like walking into a bank if I can avoid it...

4 Did I mention I was a lazy bastard?

5 I have no desire to be sitting in Soi 5 listening the whinging that goes on in the place day in day out, usually because dopes (probably like I would) manage to fuck up their paperwork.. I pay people to make sure the paperwork is ok.. and it works a treat

7 I am a lazy bastard.

Hahaha that is me as well.

chatted to a few expats last night about what they thought immigration mght target one day. Everyone of my them said farang working without a work visa. Everyone has a different viewpont.

Archived