IGNORED

Need Dentist Recommendation for Teeth Cleaning

KennyPowers

Hello everybody. I'll be in town soon and want to get my semi annual teeth cleaning. Can anyone recommend a good dentist with a light touch??? I always get plague buildup around my front gum line and a good scraping is the most effective way I get rid of it. I also have some sensitive gum line on the back molars so I need a light touch back there. I would often go to Bonafacio clinic in Angeles City but I won't be there this time. I've been visiting Pattaya more so I neeed to find a good dentist around Pattaya. I prefer a clinic that does lots of traditional dental work, and not a place that focuses on cosmetic stuff. Thanks. 

Choose any dentist. Cleaning is 4-600 THB and if you feel uncomftable with one simply walk away and find another

2 hours ago, KennyPowers said:

Can anyone recommend a good dentist with a light touch??? I always get plague buildup around my front gum line and a good scraping is the most effective way I get rid of it. I also have some sensitive gum line on the back molars so I need a light touch back there.

I disagree. You dont need a light touch at all: you need anaesthetic.

I also have very sensitive gums which makes teeth cleaning a pointless exercise without my entire mouth being numbed first. Once that is done they can get to work and do the job properly. Anything less is just pussy-footing around.

I find this costs around 1200-2400B and takes an hour or two, often done in two separate visits. Back in Europe the same thing used to cost me around 5000B (equiv). Relatively few dentists here want to do it, but it isnt hard to find one who will if you persist. Finding one who will do it and who also knows how to do it well is the next trick, but that applies to everything in Thailand.

This is not exactly on point but I don't know what this would cost me in the USA becasue I've not been to a dentist here in years. I imagine it would easily exceed 5000 THB. The USA dentists got real smart a while ago and successfully lobbied for a law that requires a dental x-ray every year. So, if any of you remember going to a USA dentist and having the dentist point at your xray and say "that's where it hurts", you can take that figuratively and literally. The dentist may be pointing at the tooth that hurts. But the xray itself is padding the bill a hundred dollars or more, and that hurts even more.

This is not exactly on point but I don't know what this would cost me in the USA becasue I've not been to a dentist here in years. I imagine it would easily exceed 5000 THB. The USA dentists got real smart a while ago and successfully lobbied for a law that requires a dental x-ray every year. So, if any of you remember going to a USA dentist and having the dentist point at your xray and say "that's where it hurts", you can take that figuratively and literally. The dentist may be pointing at the tooth that hurts. But the xray itself is padding the bill a hundred dollars or more, and that hurts even more.
Cleaning should be less than 1000 baht. I've had white fillings which were 800 baht. Weirdly if you don't ask for anaesthetic they will kick off the filling without...

Thai dentists are generally well educated. If you don´t need a "posh clinic" but a "skilled craftsman", there are a number of dentists on Central Pattaya Road behind 2nd road (from Beach Road). If you  prefer a "posh clinic" just google "Pattaya Dentist" and you will find more than a handful of options. Not much can go wrong with a simple teeth cleaning.

:GoldenSmile1:

Dental art on soi buakhow, ask for dr chanya. 600 baht for a cleaning, very gentle, I go the 1st few days of every holiday. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 04:04, Scuba+ said:
On 6/6/2018 at 03:21, KennyPowers said:

Cleaning should be less than 1000 baht. I've had white fillings which were 800 baht. Weirdly if you don't ask for anaesthetic they will kick off the filling without...

2016 I had 2 shallow white fillings and a clean 2400baht no anaesthetic It didnt hurt but the vibration from the drill can be well felt, I will encourage them to use anaesthetic next time, this was at smile on South Pattaya Rd

Many dental places in Pattaya. Many threads about them.

I've been going to Dentist @ Beach (4th floor, Central Festival Mall, 2nd road end) since 2010. Good service, good prices.

Most recently had a broken wisdom tooth removed in February. All in, including XRays, anesthetic (novocaine I assume) and stitch removal (one week later) for less than $150 USD. I would be surprised if I could get the same in the US for less than $1000. In addition, over the years, I have had cleaning, whitening, cavity filled, cap replaced.

Unlike in the US, in Pattaya your teeth are cleaned by a real dentist, not a dental assistant from a 2 year Junior College program. While cleaning, dentists can discover cavities without resorting to XRays.

Here is an initial review I wrote years ago along with subsequent comments by others.

3 hours ago, philkrenshaw said:

Most recently had a broken wisdom tooth removed in February. All in, including XRays, anesthetic (novocaine I assume) and stitch removal (one week later) for less than $150 USD. I would be surprised if I could get the same in the US for less than $1000. In addition, over the years, I have had cleaning, whitening, cavity filled, cap replaced.

I have been going regularly to dentist in Thailand for about ten years, maybe more. 

Average cost is about one third of Australia. Example: quoted for crown in Oz $A2500 (62,000 THB): job done in Bangkok for 20,000. Service and equipment all seem excellent.

Recently: clean, check-up, one small filling, rebuild two upper front teeth (veneer bonding front and rear), three visits, less than 10,000 THB.

At home I use an electric toothbrush at least twice a day and rinse with mouthwash.

http://www.bangkoksmiledental.com  has price estimates and facility to ask for cost estimate etc

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-06-24 at 06:19, philkrenshaw said:

Many dental places in Pattaya. Many threads about them.

I've been going to Dentist @ Beach (4th floor, Central Festival Mall, 2nd road end) since 2010. Good service, good prices.

Unlike in the US, in Pattaya your teeth are cleaned by a real dentist, not a dental assistant from a 2 year Junior College program. While cleaning, dentists can discover cavities without resorting to XRays.

Here is an initial review I wrote years ago along with subsequent comments by others.

Thanks for the info!

Went there today and going to book time for cleaning, and maybe tooth whitening.

Prices seems ok.

//Paolo

FB2987D1-DF79-497B-92E7-CF3DBFEBE14B.jpeg

6075DF1C-8CC2-4425-949B-6AA31B5B438E.jpeg

Pattaya addict yepyep

• 2 weeks later...

I had veneers done in BKK, pretty happy with it!  great info in this thread, thanks OP I need a cleaning also

On 6/24/2018 at 09:19, philkrenshaw said:

I've seen these guys twice on two separate trips, cleaned twice as well as 1 x filling. Will go again next month for annual clean. Very comfortable with hygiene and work performed. Much cheaper than home.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/20/2018 at 07:56, Paolobah said:

Thanks for the info!

Went there today and going to book time for cleaning, and maybe tooth whitening.

Prices seems ok.

//Paolo

FB2987D1-DF79-497B-92E7-CF3DBFEBE14B.jpeg

6075DF1C-8CC2-4425-949B-6AA31B5B438E.jpeg

This is a very good Dentist.  Just went in September for a cleaning and a second look at a gum issue.  Will go back for sure!  It is great that the Dentist does the cleaning.

Archived