IGNORED

airline fast track card change

striderman

yesterday at swampy instead of getting 1 of these.................

5b1296ea26128_june1009(Custom).JPG.477b45418753082b2bdc42d8d333f940.JPG

i was given 1 of these.....................

5b1297025887a_june1007(Custom).JPG.2a2d8efff6d0e3f26aabdff25528cbf6.JPG

at the officers desk there was a big stack of the old ones but they are clearly being fazed out. so beware if you are tempted to buy any cheap.

1 minute ago, GreatThings said:

Perhaps from the 1st of June.

could be. plenty of zeros on that new one so deffo more to come

When I flew Thai biz class in April, I was not given a card, but instead was told to show my boarding pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was still the old brown cards on Tuesday (29th May)

and curiously if you try and access www.bestthub.com (from the new card)....

bestthub.JPG?raw=1

Got a brown one today 2 June.

Check in said new blue ones from tomorrow 3 June.

3 minutes ago, wildcolin said:

Got a brown one today 2 June.

Check in said new blue ones from tomorrow 3 June.

When you say check in, I'm sure you're referring to departure. For me that one is more of a benefit than the  ones I get on arrival.

I would hope they continue with the old one (brown) for a while as I still have several I haven't used.

My concern would be if they start the new blue ones tomorrow, will the airlines have them.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Yes it was for the departure fast track

15 hours ago, wildcolin said:

Yes it was for the departure fast track

That good, I get one at the ticket counter each time I leave. As long as there isn't a couple of 'flight crews' leaving at the same time, its just take a few minutes go thru security and immigration with the fast track pass.

Will have to wait a couple of weeks to see which one they hand me on the flight into BKK.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I used bangkok flight services on Saturday (2nd June) and she gave me the old card which was accepted by the immigration officer. I was through in 2 mins and my bag was one of the first out, a real result which meant I was out of the airport in about 20 minutes, a personal best :D

• 1 month later...

any up-to-date first hand experience at today - Jul. 24th - about the "old" brown passes ?

are these still accepted considering as a transition period to the new ones ?!? 

I'm quite concerned about that as I recently bought via internet a couple of brown ones for my next upcoming trip in August and it really would sucks if I'm gonna be rejected at the priority lane immigration

nothing irrepable of course but a fast go through is not bad at all after a 12h fly.....

• 10 months later...

all change again. the first blue one above was replaced by this one................

953185369_16feb003(Custom).JPG.beeec0d5e267f0bac83c5f413510bda5.JPG

this one is now defunct and has been replaced with a mark 3......................

775378707_26may001(Custom).JPG.806916acfb2c9d47811bb50c8c001327.JPG

so this is the current version as of may 2019

967104599_26may005(Custom).JPG.05e21abeff0ca224f9dbd39d09fe8d71.JPG

Thanks for the info. Did you also had to show your flight ticket or was just showing the fast track card enough? 

Just now, Dr.TripleX said:

Thanks for the info. Did you also had to show your flight ticket or was just showing the fast track card enough? 

i used it going out/departure because it is impossible to see if there is a big wait. so yes they check your tkt at that point and also take the card as you enter the facility. you no longer give the card to the immigration officer.

coming in i didn't bother as i could see the lines were short so just used the regular section.. so i've kept it as a standby.

oddly this time the immigration officer asked to see my boarding card from the flight. i reckon that's only the second time in 31 years i've been asked for it

Thanks again! I bought 4 fast track card's from someone (cheap), but fly economy - guess that won't work than anymore. 

Just now, Dr.TripleX said:

Thanks again! I bought 4 fast track card's from someone (cheap), but fly economy - guess that won't work than anymore. 

it's the card design that matters. if it's not the new version probably no longer valid

7 hours ago, striderman said:

so this is the current version as of may 2019

967104599_26may005(Custom).JPG.05e21abeff0ca224f9dbd39d09fe8d71.JPG

What’s next months version?

• 3 weeks later...

Last few visits the IO has asked for boarding pass too.

I'm sure they want to make sure you flew first/business and not just got the card from someone else.

Since the new ones have come out I have only been asked once for a copy of my boarding pass going thru on arrival.

LeoTex

They have two fast facilities at Bangkok. One is for elderly, monks, pregnant women, wheelchairs and the like and is to the right of the airline/diplomat lanes which is for business/first class and diplomats. Like everything in Thailand, naturally a cottage industry arose with a secondary market in the paper passes, hence changing them umpteen times in a few months to eliminate the black market supply.

The airlines pay a fee to subsidize these things all over the world and one has to assume that if it says for business/first or diplomats, fly business or first or be a diplomat or best yet, be a diplomat flying in business or first. Bonus points for being 70+ and a monk in a wheelchair.

I don't really feel like queuing up with 100 people who bought passes for $20 when I paid top dollar for a business class ticket on Cathay Pacific and no doubt this has been voiced by those who pay for it to those who supply it. 

I noticed also when I came through on EVA last month they wrote the date and flight number on the pass. In the past they left them blank.

Just now, Trevor said:

I noticed also when I came through on EVA last month they wrote the date and flight number on the pass. In the past they left them blank.

a mate of mine came in yesterday and they wrote his details on it too. however you can see the one i was given and took a pic of in late may above is still blank

i always just walk through when arriving , never been chatted or sent away

have been doing it for the last 3yrs , roughly 3 trips a year

13 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

i always just walk through when arriving , never been chatted or sent away

have been doing it for the last 3yrs , roughly 3 trips a year

You look over seventy? Or bald and wear robes to fly in? Possibly a little effeminate and a pot belly?

1 hour ago, thinkingallowed said:

You look over seventy? Or bald and wear robes to fly in? Possibly a little effeminate and a pot belly?

no not like you at all ! always wondered what you looked like , now we all know 

its amazing on here when you put a reply to something you always get some idiot reply like yours 

as to bald , a lot of people these days shave their heads and they can be in their twenties  with a ring of hair above their ears , as they are vain 

it really does not matter what you look like or how old /young you are , you forget you have to present your passport any way so no need to look 70 as they can see your 50

try it next time , see how easy it is although they may have special lanes for clowns by then

Archived