IGNORED

LK Empress - scam attempt or honest mistake

formulaonefan

Assuming the OP is accurate, then it's a scam. 

Even if they believed that you broke the lamp they've certainly tried to scam you on the replacement cost. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2018 at 01:54, vivid2 said:

I agree with you, LW. I've taken 23 one-month trips to Thailand, and I had only one bad experience. I was laying out at the pool at Tim Boutique Hotel (now renamed Intimate hotel) enjoying the day and a cocktail, when a strong gust of wind blew some umbrellas over. It also blew my nearly full glass off of the table next to me, and it shattered when it hit the deck.

The bar tender came right over. I expected him to ask if I was hurt by the mishap and offer me a replacement drink. Instead he brought a bill for the broken glass and insisted it was my fault because I left the drink on the table rather than holding on to it! They charged me for a new drink and the broken glass.

That was my seventh one month stay at that hotel. And, needless to say....it was my last.

i was at Bamboo bar about 5yrs ago and a fellow aussie came in and was pissed and proceeded to sit next table to me . pissed but still talked and walked normal . he bought a drink and they put it on his table and as soon as he touched the table the glass fell off . well fuck me they all came from nowhere shouting and abusing him saying he must pay for glass , so i stuck up for him and then i got the no service treatment !! the table wasn't even and would wobble.

i know it's different but same sort of story , the mentality of some people continues to amaze me

17 hours ago, Syco said:

They are a bunch of pricks and I'll never stay there again after the staff shafted me when I brought back my bar fine to that hotel. 

The receptionist checked her ID , and said that she couldn't come in because she was 19 y.o , and the hotel had a no under 20 y.o policy.

Then the security guard comes over and starts taking to my girl in Thai, the girl tells me that he says that they will let her in if I pay a 1000 baht 'extra fee" but I have to pay it now in cash .

I was pissed off because I knew I was being fleeced , but my bar fine was so hot , there was no way she wasn't coming up to my room , so I reluctantly paid it and walked away leaving a very happy security guard and receptionist to split the proceeds.

I was not offered the "special" deal, so I had to walk her back outside to beach road, then use the shortcut at the family mart to go back inside the hotel.  Is that still an option???  By the way the Hilton does not play those games...they just make sure she is 18 or older.

On 6/3/2018 at 20:36, misteregg said:

Not read the whole thread but no hotel would put a 20k lamp in their rooms so it’s bullshit.
Go elsewhere.

Exactly what I was thinking which makes me think it might be a scam run by the staff.

15 hours ago, Memurtle said:

I had the same experience at LK Royal Wing except I didn’t get the offer of paying 1000 baht. I was so pissed off I had two girls from Windmill, one 19 the other 22. They flat out refused to let the 19yr old up to my room.
Wasnt fun trying to find a short time room at 2am, ended up renting a ST room above some small bar on Soi Buakhao

Well their average age was 20 and a half, so they could have given you a bit of leeway:),joking aside i can imagine it was frustrating as hell, but it does pay to make 100% certain about age limits for guests!

Well their average age was 20 and a half, so they could have given you a bit of leeway[emoji4],joking aside i can imagine it was frustrating as hell, but it does pay to make 100% certain about age limits for guests!

True but this was not always the case, they’ve either changed their policy or started to enforce it. Lesson learnt though, I won’t be staying at any of the LK group hotels again.

Archived