IGNORED

Chicago

The Viking

I'm going to Chicago in August to see @Sullyfor a few days and I'm wondering if anyone here has a decent muscle car for rent for 2-3 days?

Not going to go crazy in terms of driving but need something to drive for a few days and while in 'murica I might as well get something powerful 

You might want to check hertz.com  They  have their 'Adrenaline Collection' of rental cars with cars like mustang gts, Camaros and corvettes. Im not sure if Chicago is one the locations where it's available. 

Dont worry though, I'm sure regardless of what you're driving that poof Sully will still blow you. 

Viking,

I'm actually from outside of Chicago, the traffic isn't as bad as BKK but pretty brutal.  Parking in the city costs an arm and a leg and unless you hit Lower Wacker or Lake Shore Drive at the right time, all you will see are break lights.  August is usually hot and humid but always cooler in the city due to Lake Michigan.  But not as hot as LOS.  

Chicago is beautiful city and August is a good time to be there, you'll actually see blues skies instead of the 5 months of winter grey skies.  There are a lot of outdoor food and concerts too so watch out for a lot of road closures near the lake.  I don't have to mention that it is a meat and cheese food paradise.  Have your friend take you to a good Itallian beef restaurant, such as Portillo's.  

Fuck, now I'm hungry.  Sorry I can't help you out with the car.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 22:45, usexpat46 said:

Chicago in the summer, certain neighborhoods you might want a bullet proof Humvee.

Yep, live there, Bensenville 4 1/2 years, worked North Riverside. Not quite the Southside, but I know what you mean. Might even want to think bullet proof vest.

I always took the train or L downtown so not to worry about parking.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I hear they drive on the other side of the road in the u.s. Be careful!

Chicago in the summer, certain neighborhoods you might want a bullet proof Humvee.

Ah, such fond memories of summer in Chicago. Summer falls on a Wednesday this year. ENJOY!!! 🤪

Archived