IGNORED

Finnair. LHR - BKK

neo1011

Has anyone ever traveled with Finnair? Thinking about booking with them for a Xmas flight as my dates to fly with Thai are pretty pricey

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I flew with them 3 years ago and also for a Christmas flight and thought they were very good. The return leg was with Swiss Air and they too were very good.

If it was me and the direct price was a huge difference i would go ahead and book.

Done MAN-HEL-BKK and it was fine, no complaints.

I did BKK>HEL>LHR and return a year ago in business class. The flights between BKK and HEL were in a new A350 WXB which was fine. The flight from LHR to HEL was also in an A350 which was also fine. But the flight from HEL to LHR was in a much smaller plane with no real business class (just an empty seat in the middle of each group of three), and no skybridge to get to the plane at HEL: just a bus and some stairs. I would only fly with them again if all the sectors were in A350s.

The lounge in HEL was OK but very busy. The in-flight food and drinks were OK and had some local character (nice Finnish cheese). Connection times in HEL are very short but the airport is tiny so it isnt a problem.

I'm thinking of using Finnair for my next trip. But I have one important question:

How is the legroom? I am somewhat tall, and have problems in some planes. But not all of them.. It feels like it is kind of random.

Swiss air, thai air and turkish air I have given up on. My knees get smashed...

Finnair eco on the older A330's is 32" pitch which is pretty good for eco these days. In their new A350's its down to 31" though, both 18" wide.

I flew with them Biz a Cpl months ago, no complaints for me really but a fair few other pax seats on the A330 did not recline to bed mode and had to be manually wound down by crew on their hands and knees. 

A350 is without doubt the quietest aircraft I've ever flown on too and also has the tailcam like the A380 does which is cool :) 

Archived