IGNORED

Deluxe or Super Deluxe Room at Areca??

jonEE

Hey guys,

I'm coming into town in a couple of weeks, and have booked a deluxe room at the Areca Lodge through Booking.com. I was cruising the Areca site checking it out(Have never stayed there), and checked availability for my dates. The price quoted to me for the Super Deluxe room was actually a bit less through them directly than the deluxe room I reserved through Booking.com...

Is it worth me booking directly and upgrading? Whats the difference between the two rooms? I think the Deluxe is in the Areca or Corona wing, and the Super Deluxe is in the Evergreen wing.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated... i can still cancel through Booking.com for a couple of days.

Hey guys,
I'm coming into town in a couple of weeks, and have booked a deluxe room at the Areca Lodge through Booking.com. I was cruising the Areca site checking it out(Have never stayed there), and checked availability for my dates. The price quoted to me for the Super Deluxe room was actually a bit less through them directly than the deluxe room I reserved through Booking.com...
Is it worth me booking directly and upgrading? Whats the difference between the two rooms? I think the Deluxe is in the Areca or Corona wing, and the Super Deluxe is in the Evergreen wing.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated... i can still cancel through Booking.com for a couple of days.

The Super Deluxe rooms are all in the Evergreen wing, which is the newest. The rooms are also bigger than the rooms in the other wings, and they’re more modern with keycard entry rather than bulky keys. It also has an air conditioned breakfast buffet.

I’ve stayed there 12 times, and I always stay in the Super Deluxe rooms. Even though they are more expensive, the added cost is worth it to me.

11 minutes ago, vivid2 said:

The Super Deluxe rooms are all in the Evergreen wing, which is the newest. The rooms are also bigger than the rooms in the other wings, and they’re more modern with keycard entry rather than bulky keys. It also has an air conditioned breakfast buffet.

I’ve stayed there 12 times, and I always stay in the Super Deluxe rooms. Even though they are more expensive, the added cost is worth it to me.

Awesome, sounds good. Do you know if they have a pool view?

Can anyone tell me, if the Super Deluxe rooms have walk in shower, safe and free w-lan? - Thanks in advance!

17 minutes ago, oberto15 said:

Can anyone tell me, if the Super Deluxe rooms have walk in shower, safe and free w-lan? - Thanks in advance!

The one unfortunate thing about Areca rooms is that the shower is in the bathtub. You pull a plastic shower screen across, but usually end up with water all over the floor anyway.

Yes to the safe and wi-fi.

There's no such thing as free pussy!

image.png

The Areca wing is old and tired. I happened to stay there for a week this trip, was expensive and not worth it. I’ve stayed in the other two wings before, they are much better. Pretty good buffet breakfast there as well, you can eat at either one I think, at least last year you could.

I want to ask a question about the spa at Areca Lodge. I’m not interested in massages, I want to know does it have a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Are they big ? If you book in, do you use the facilities by yourself or do you share with other people? And how much does it cost? If anyone can answer me, it’d be much appreciated.

Corona/Deluxe  rooms are great value, and importantly, quiet. Have not done the Supers but presume a little step up, and newer as noted previously.

Great location.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Stayed at Evergreen Tower few times nice make sure you tell em you want a pool view  otherwise tou will end up looking out at the malll

11 hours ago, vivid2 said:

This. Stayed twice and agree evergreen is nice.  I've had semi-pool view the two times I stayed there.  It's not amazing, but just something I like about the place and the location.

4 hours ago, Peter o connor said:

I want to know does it have a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.

I don't recall Areca having any of those.  The two swimming pools are nice though.

22 minutes ago, direct_voyage said:

I don't recall Areca having any of those.  The two swimming pools are nice though.

Really? I stayed in the Mercure nearby and they have a spa but when I asked them about a sauna and steam room, they told me to go around to Areca Lodge! Apparently they had them. I never went and looked though. 

Im staying in evergreen now, definetely has fully equipped gym and sauna. Im in the super delux room , and can confirm breakfast is pretty good. I joined some club when booking and got 15% discount. Worked out about 1750bt per night

Thanks for the reply guys.. I re-booked direct from Areca's site(cancelled from Booking.com) and I'm staying in a super deluxe in the Evergreen Wing... it's actually cheaper than the regular deluxe room through Booking.com. I might do the club card thing too, which would bring the overall cost down about 2000Bht(that's one freelancer long-time:)

THANKS ARECA!!!:)

9 hours ago, Peter o connor said:

I stayed in the Mercure nearby and they have a spa but when I asked them about a sauna and steam room, they told me to go around to Areca lodge!

After two stays I haven't seen either of those.  And I like a good hangover steam room.

I want to ask a question about the spa at Areca lodge. I’m not interested in massages, I want to know does it have a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Are they big ? If you book in, do you use the facilities by yourself or do you share with other people? And how much does it cost? If anyone can answer me, it’d be much appreciated.

There is a spa on the main floor next to the gym. But it isn’t owned by the hotel...The space is leased out to a separate operator, who also has other spas in a few other hotels around town.

And I think that they have what you’re looking for, but only available as a part of an expensive package.

I have only stayed in the Evergreen wing and really enjoyed it. Nice rooms, decent breakfast - lovely pool resort type hotel. Great location too.

2 hours ago, vivid2 said:

There is a spa on the main floor next to the gym. But it isn’t owned by the hotel...The space is leased out to a separate operator, who also has other spas in a few other hotels around town.

And I think that they have what you’re looking for, but only available as a part of an expensive package.

Thanks, if it’s not too expensive I’ll use it, I’ll check it out

I stayed in a deluxe room this past April as I wanted a good pool view.  They put me in the corona building with a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the evergreen pool.  It had one of the bigger balconies. Couldn’t have been more pleased and would request it again next time. Wifi worked great, room at end of hallway and was quiet. Shame about the bathtub shower as that was the only black mark on the room itself. 

Some how I prefer the standard room in the first block. The evergreen block at the back is a long walk and boring especially on drunken nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

1 hour ago, jonEE said:

How's the WiFi in Evergreen? I've heard horror stories... 

Wifi was fine when i was there, in areca though its almost unusable.

3 hours ago, snowy34 said:

Wifi was fine when i was there, in Areca though its almost unusable.

In the Areca wing of the hotel?

I used a Ethernet cable and hardwire. Every room had ethernet. WIFI was okay my last trip from what I remember, but hardwire is still better. 

well you can cross the outside bar at the front off your list. it's vanished in the last few days

5b1897ca979a8_5june003(Custom).JPG.fa0b7400ef56de39a9f4e026f7c7b07e.JPG

5b1897b52c8bf_6june002(Custom).JPG.bb1c4e8418e579c35d2a9098b251d7ba.JPG

Archived