IGNORED

Advice needed for first trip, Condo or Hotel

Panther85

Hi guys,

Im heading out for my first trip in Aug for 21 days and Im having a hard time deciding between a condo or hotel. Is it a bit much to jump for a

condo on my first trip? Both because i dont know the scene and also securitywise. I do however like no guest fee, freedom and the extra

space of the condo's. hotels are a more easy route with regards to safety and cleaning as far as i understand. 

Ive been looking at VT6

http://dancewatchers.com/vt6_13-450_luxury_sea_view_studio.html

Or

http://dancewatchers.com/vt6_x_21-817.html

hotels Ive looked at and liked.

LK Empress: studio king bed

Lk Metropole:  superior room with view

Adelphi Pattaya Hotel: premier double room

Currently my budget is 7k bath a day for fun and food excluding room/condo and travel.

Would it be better to find something cheaper and save more for fun or is 7k ok? 

I could imagine me spending most of my time the beerbars and clubs mainly and going for 2 ST a day or 1 LT a day.

What isnt spent rolls over to the next day.

Hope to hear yoour thoughts :)

Thanks in advance.

I stayed in the Adelphi for 4 weeks, early Feb to early March.

I liked it very much and would return.

Unless you want a kitchen, no need for a condo.

4 hours ago, Panther85 said:

Hi guys,

Im heading out for my first trip in Aug for 21 days and Im having a hard time deciding between a condo or hotel. Is it a bit much to jump for a

condo on my first trip? Both because i dont know the scene and also securitywise. I do however like no guest fee, freedom and the extra

space of the condo's. hotels are a more easy route with regards to safety and cleaning as far as i understand. 

Ive been looking at VT6

http://dancewatchers.com/vt6_13-450_luxury_sea_view_studio.html

Or

http://dancewatchers.com/vt6_x_21-817.html

Hotels Ive looked at and liked.

LK Empress: studio king bed

Lk Metropole:  superior room with view

Adelphi Pattaya Hotel: premier double room

Currently my budget is 7k bath a day for fun and food excluding room/condo and travel.

Would it be better to find something cheaper and save more for fun or is 7k ok? 

I could imagine me spending most of my time the beerbars and clubs mainly and going for 2 ST a day or 1 LT a day.

What isnt spent rolls over to the next day.

Hope to hear yoour thoughts :)

Thanks in advance.

I've stayed at LK Metropole and VT6. You can't compare them. VT6 is SO much better. If I was you I'd go for VT6. Its such a great place to stay. Close to everything, great views, heaps of shops on the ground floor. Studio rooms a big and comfortable.

They have security at the lift so there is no difference to a hotel security wise. But they won't fuck with you if you want to bring 2,3,4 girls back with you.

You can walk to LK Metro, walk to WS. Quick bhat bus to Soi 6. Shopping centre next door. Can't beat it IMO.

7000 a day is fine for daily spend but I would stay somewhere cheaper and have more spending money.

Plenty of decent options under 1500 baht a night, even at 1000 you’ll find somewhere. For your first trip you’ll want to be central. Roughly between Sois 7 & 13 and between Beach & Second Roads would be perfect.

What are you looking for in accommodation? Apart from guest friendly, do you want a kitchen, pool, daily cleaning & bed change, good WiFi, gym???? 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I like the LK Empress. It is centrally located directly on beachroad. They have nice and big rooms even with a great sea view if you pay for it. The breakfast buffet is really good. There is no joiners fee for the first lady, but if you bring two ladies for a threesome you pay for the second lady. The girls IDs are kept at the reception (many hotels do that) and when she leaves you get a call to make sure that everything is ok.

Great memories are coming up ...  :Dream1:

It's a very personal issue, there's no right or wrong.

For me, the space is premium. I hate small hotel rooms, and the 50-sqm condos are perfect for a 1-2-week stay. I also appreciate views, which VT6 has in abundance. The privacy of a condo, where nobody knows who you are (as opposed to a hotel, which has a picture of your passport) is also an asset. I'd go with VT6.

Do you need hotel services, like room service or breakfast or laundry service? Or would you rather cook yourself? Nobody can answer these questions for you.

My first trip was a condo in VT6, no regrets.

Personally, I would go for a hotel. Nightly rates are just about the cheapest on the planet, particularly in August (slap in the middle of low season). LK Empress is a great choice....stayed there many times.

Another option is a condotel...eg KTK or Amari Nova Suites.

2 hours ago, Tim1 said:

It's a very personal issue, there's no right or wrong.

For me, the space is premium. I hate small hotel rooms, and the 50-sqm condos are perfect for a 1-2-week stay. I also appreciate views, which VT6 has in abundance. The privacy of a condo, where nobody knows who you are (as opposed to a hotel, which has a picture of your passport) is also an asset. I'd go with VT6.

Do you need hotel services, like room service or breakfast or laundry service? Or would you rather cook yourself? Nobody can answer these questions for you.

It is of course totally illegal in Thailand for ‘nobody to know who you are’. All ‘aliens’ are required to be registered with the Immigration Police, this is precisely the first thing the hotel does when it photocopies your passport.

it really depends. if it was me i would pick the condo because i have done both and have had plenty of trips under my belt.  with vt6 you will have to pay to have somebody clean up your room. need extra towels? thats on you. no room service or laundry. but many of the shops on the ground flooor are ready to take care of all of those issues for a price.  as mentioned earlier u are in a great location and the rooms are larger than majority of the hotel rooms.  

My first couple of trips I stayed in LK hotels and Areca around LK Metro on Soi Diana. Good location for beginner being close to LK Metro. For me my first couple of trips I wanted a hotel in case there were any problems. I like the LK Metro area, but do not crossing 2nd Road.

For the past 3 years I have also gone to View Talay 6. Love the location and larger units. As mentioned above, security does not really stop you if you bring a girl up. If you want a girl to register just stop at desk by elevator and they will take her ID.

I have always booked with Dancewatchers, I believe they have some of the nicest units, but they do not have an office at VT6. They are usually on property from about 10am-3pm.

If you need more service-I would recommend Honeys-they have a shop on first floor.

Looks like you've done your due diligence and choices look good.  There's obviously pros and cons to the condo vs hotel question.  At VT6, there's probably half dozen laundries on site and also house keeping can be arranged.  I personally don't need maid service every day.  In condo if you tire of eating in restaurants every meal, you can bring food back and you have facilities.  I'm with Duke on checking Honey's on site at VT6 for rentals, also laundry, house keeping and oh yeah, coffee.  Also in agreement if going the hotel route, Areca is good choice with location whatever option chosen being a critical factor.  As noted Soi LK Metro is a short stumble from the Areca.  

I'd probably do the VT6 condo route with the added space and kitchen facilities.  You can shop for groceries right next door to fill up your fridge and also some mini marts on 1st level.  It's also nice to actually have a sofa to sit in, rather than just your bed.  Your concerns of security and house keeping at least in VT6 are non-issues.  Probably the best location possible.

2 hours ago, millardo said:

Condo rentals less than 30 days have been declared illegal by thai courts.  These short term rental agencies may close overnight and keep all your deposits

https://property.bangkokpost.com/news/1463902/hua-hin-condo-owners-fined-for-short-term-rentals

Sorry, no. You are hugely overstating.

This was one case where the owners fell out with the management. There is a VERY long way to go from that to seeing all short term rentals stopped. 

There is some enforcement of various things going on at the moment but it’s very piecemeal and things like this usually run out of steam. 

It might not run out of steam though, theThai hotel Owners Assoc have a head of steam up at the money they aRe losing and could bring more pressure to bear on the go ernment. 

22 minutes ago, biggles said:

It might not run out of steam though, theThai Hotel Owners Assoc have a head of steam up at the money they aRe losing and could bring more pressure to bear on the go ernment. 

Well, we’ve seen the raids of various unlicensed hotels in Pattaya recently - but even then the premises have kept on operating. 

Even with the court case, the current law doesn’t directly cover the issue so it’s not black and white.

If you look at the number of investors (including many Thais) in condos etc then a complete & enforced ban on rentals under 30 days would have a big effect on their returns. I think it’s fair to say that these investors could have as much clout as the hotel Association.

There are many issues around this. Not just the actual renting but if tax is paid, if TM30s are being submitted, if foreigners can do this without a work permit etc etc.

We’ll have to wait and see what happens. 

echo that rooms ans staff are very good , safe close to everything vt6

book a sea view on top floor :-)

Archived