IGNORED

Boeing 777-300ER "Limited Recline" seats on back rows, how bad is the recline?

Hotlanta

6 minutes ago, Hotlanta said:

The very back rows in economy on Eva Air 777-300ER, Seatguru says "limited recline due to wall directly behind."  Is this a big difference?  I like the idea of nobody behind me, but not if I cant recline my seat.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva_Airways/Eva_Airways_Boeing_777-300ER.php

Thank you.

Terrible option if you want to lie back and stretch out....reclining distance is negligible. 

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

No experience on EVA, but I was stuck on that row on Air France (I think) YEARS ago (before I started flying ONLY in biz or premium economy for long haul)

Not only did it ABSOLUTELY suck, but the seat in front of me was broken, so it came back TOO far!  Literally had this fucker sitting in my chest non-stop from LAX-Paris!  Flight attendant claimed that the flight was entirely full, so they couldn't move me.  I ended up standing up and walking around the plane for the bulk of the flight

Hands down the worst experience I have ever had flying...and that includes the time I had the runs on a flight from BKK-Taipei!

Never again....never again....

13 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Same here....I had to return to the UK in an absolute emergency and that meant taking the very next flight that had any capacity. One seat available....back row,inside seat in the middle batch. Was the most uncomfortable flight I've ever experienced,squeezed by obese passengers on either side and unable to recline. Never never never again.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

50 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

No experience on EVA, but I was stuck on that row on Air France (I think) YEARS ago (before I started flying ONLY in biz or premium economy for long haul)

Not only did it ABSOLUTELY suck, but the seat in front of me was broken, so it came back TOO far!  Literally had this fucker sitting in my chest non-stop from LAX-Paris!  Flight attendant claimed that the flight was entirely full, so they couldn't move me.  I ended up standing up and walking around the plane for the bulk of the flight

Hands down the worst experience I have ever had flying...and that includes the time I had the runs on a flight from BKK-Taipei!

Did they give you a discount for a future flight or any bonus airmiles?

3 hours ago, Hotlanta said:

The very back rows in economy on Eva Air 777-300ER, Seatguru says "limited recline due to wall directly behind."  Is this a big difference?  I like the idea of nobody behind me, but not if I cant recline my seat.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva_Airways/Eva_Airways_Boeing_777-300ER.php

Thank you.

As has been alluded to already, a large part of the issue is not just that you have very limited recline, but you have no practically no space left when the seat in front of you is reclined. It would be enough for me to take another flight or airline.

Did they give you a discount for a future flight or any bonus airmiles?

NOTHING....
I wasn’t as experienced a flier then. These days, I would’ve had a shit fit & demanded an upgrade, a shitload of miles or some compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Hotlanta said:

Changed my seats to 56H https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva_Airways/Eva_Airways_Boeing_777-300ER.php

Its still yellow on seatguru but I think ill like it.  Nobody behind me so ill max recline guilt-free and quick access to bathroom.

I see it is marked as yellow because it can be bumped by passengers and the crew....don't know how big of a hassle that will be fopr you, but it doesn't seem like a dealbreaker to me

I DID see this in the User Comments (a must to check out when reviewing SeatGuru, IMHO):

Please be aware that ALL aisle seats (C and H) in Economy Class Zone 3 (rows 45 to 71) have a metal box under the seats. The metal box houses what appears to be life vests. Consequently, half the space under seats C and H are gone. If you intend to put your carry-on bag under the aisle seat in front of you, please know that the space under the seat is limited by that metal box containing a life vest. Leg room is compromised and limited by the metal box, unlike the window and middle seats. You can squeeze a small backpack under the seat in front of you, sharing the space with the metal box. However, leg room is gone. On short flights, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. On long haul flights from Asia to North America, it is a serious problem. You can't stretch your legs! I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall. Be forewarned.

I've been in that seat on a qatar plane. Didn't notice any difference compared to other seats. Plus you could put your bag behind the seat, so maybe it reclined as normal??

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 05:32, Luv2Phuket said:

I see it is marked as yellow because it can be bumped by passengers and the crew....don't know how big of a hassle that will be fopr you, but it doesn't seem like a dealbreaker to me

I DID see this in the User Comments (a must to check out when reviewing SeatGuru, IMHO):

Please be aware that ALL aisle seats (C and H) in Economy Class Zone 3 (rows 45 to 71) have a metal box under the seats. The metal box houses what appears to be life vests. Consequently, half the space under seats C and H are gone. If you intend to put your carry-on bag under the aisle seat in front of you, please know that the space under the seat is limited by that metal box containing a life vest. Leg room is compromised and limited by the metal box, unlike the window and middle seats. You can squeeze a small backpack under the seat in front of you, sharing the space with the metal box. However, leg room is gone. On short flights, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. On long haul flights from Asia to North America, it is a serious problem. You can't stretch your legs! I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall. Be forewarned.

Yes it's the retro-fitted IFE boxes that are the biggest issue for those with longer legs imo.

Archived