IGNORED

Hotel in December

Psudonym

Guys,

I will in pattaya from 1st Dec onwards. Here is my criteria...

1. Guest friendly

2. Bathtub

3. close to beach road/ or should have easy access to baht bus

4. should be close to action ( I read if the place is far away, girls refuse to come)

5. budget - 1000baht/night or less

I have shortlisted few hotels from Agoda.  But they are not final and beside I am not sure if all above criteria are satisfied. I have already sent them an inquiry mail but didn't hear anything from them yet.  Following are the hotels I shortlisted...

1. sabai inn

2. Inn house

3. Dream hotel

4. AJ's place at soi-6 (sexy in the city).

I am a bit skeptical about P.72 (on ws), bay breeze and stutus court3.

Please let me know your views on this. which hotel should I book? And with your experience does it satisfy above criterion?

The only action you are close to with Sabai Inn is soi's 3 and 6 and the nearby beer bars including drinking street. Prefer Sabai Lodge over the road from sabai Inn but no bath, right next to pools tho depending on room.

By inserting 'bathtub' in your criteria, you have removed 90%+ of all hotels and guest houses. Within your price-range I can only think of somewhere like the excellent Nova Gold that has a tub...but although quite near Soi 6, its a 10-15 minute walk to the beach.

Sabai inn has bathtub as per Agoda ... In photos it is there. After your replies, I am wondering if it's authentic :unsure:.

8 hours ago, insider said:

The only action you are close to with Sabai Inn is soi's 3 and 6 and the nearby beer bars including drinking street. Prefer Sabai Lodge over the road from sabai Inn but no bath, right next to pools tho depending on room.

SOI 3 has action? Never heard before. Please tell me more. 

3 minutes ago, Psudonym said:

It has a small beer bar complex near to the beach road end.

Also Billabong 2 is at the 2nd Rd end.

6 hours ago, Psudonym said:

Use to have the Welcome Inn until it got leveled. now a group of open air beer bars around the middle of the soi.  Also 3 large soapies in the area on 2nd Rd.

1 hour ago, usexpat46 said:

Use to have the Welcome Inn until it got leveled. now a group of open air beer bars around the middle of the soi.  Also 3 large soapies in the area on 2nd Rd.

I recall the freelancers outside the Welcome Inn, Two had massive tits, one in particular was good looking (other was not), biggest tits I've seen on a Thai woman, wish i knew where she went after it closed, would love to have her again.

If you stay at Sabai Wing or lodge you can access the Sabai soapie on Soi 2 without hitting the street as there is a sign posted entry to it in the Sabai wing reception area. You can also order a massage girl sent to your room by contacting the front desk at any hour (one girl they sent on 3 occasions gave wicked good BBBJ cim's). Stayed at both Wing and Lodge, Lodge is cheaper but not much difference other than Kettle not provided as standard (but ask and ye shall receive) and Lodge rooms on the pool side are readily available. Breakfast buffet and restaurant aren't bad either.

4 minutes ago, insider said:

I recall the freelancers outside the Welcome Inn, Two had massive tits, one in particular was good looking (other was not), biggest tits I've seen on a Thai woman, wish i knew where she went after it closed, would love to have her again.

AKA the Belgian Embassy,  through the years they had some good looking ladies who were also very talented.

5 hours ago, insider said:

If you stay at Sabai Wing or lodge you can access the Sabai soapie on Soi 2 without hitting the street as there is a sign posted entry to it in the Sabai Wing reception area. You can also order a massage girl sent to your room by contacting the front desk at any hour (one girl they sent on 3 occasions gave Wicked good BBBJ cim's). Stayed at both Wing and Lodge, Lodge is cheaper but not much difference other than Kettle not provided as standard (but ask and ye shall receive) and Lodge rooms on the pool side are readily available. Breakfast buffet and restaurant aren't bad either.

I have reserved deluxe room in sabai wing. Lodge was costlier over wing. 

41 minutes ago, Psudonym said:

I have reserved deluxe room in Sabai Wing. Lodge was costlier over wing. 

Weird even Agoda has the lodge cheaper than wing at the moment, a deluxe large poolside room for (not inc tax) £17 at the moment as opposed to £18 for Wings deluxe pool view (room is NOT pool side) I preferred to book at the desk in person as they were usually cheaper than online.

Sorry, I reserved studio room at wing. 

Last time I was in Grand hotel. Had booked from Agoda with 1100bht. But when inquired at desk they quoted 1300bht. So, I thought at desk prices are always higher

Screenshot_2018-05-24-08-46-35-143.jpeg

1 hour ago, Psudonym said:

Sorry, I reserved studio room at wing. 

Last time I was in Grand hotel. Had booked from Agoda with 1100bht. But when inquired at desk they quoted 1300bht. So, I thought at desk prices are always higher

I do find that you can get some hotels charging more at desk than online, especially in high season when demand is greater.

I note you are booking for End of November so that probably accounts for why the Wing is being charged lower than the Lodge. I inputted dates for June to get my prices.

Only reasons I don't stay there again at Sabai is the TV (old crt) has no hdmi input for my tablet and the distance from Bukhao. The Wing is very peaceful for sleeping tho as it is a quiet location and it is a short walk for a baht bus.

If you are catching a baht bus heading toward Walking Street I advise you walk to Beach Rd rather than 2nd road as although 2nd road may be nearer I found the baht bus often does not turn onto Beach Rd at the the Dolphin roundabout but instead carries on north instead.

13 hours ago, insider said:

I do find that you can get some hotels charging more at desk than online, especially in high season when demand is greater.

I note you are booking for End of November so that probably accounts for why the Wing is being charged lower than the Lodge. I inputted dates for June to get my prices.

Only reasons I don't stay there again at Sabai is the TV (old crt) has no hdmi input for my tablet and the distance from Bukhao. The Wing is very peaceful for sleeping tho as it is a quiet location and it is a short walk for a baht bus.

If you are catching a baht bus heading toward Walking Street I advise you walk to Beach Rd rather than 2nd road as although 2nd road may be nearer I found the baht bus often does not turn onto Beach Rd at the the Dolphin roundabout but instead carries on north instead.

Sir, thanks for the guidance so far. I checked on Google maps about sabai.. just wanted to know are sabai Dee massage and sabai lodge same? Also can massage girl be called on phone from sabai inn/wing/lodge?

The honey2 massage is also close by. Any feedback about it?

What about red planet hotel?

Lastly, what is alcazar? It seems to be a famous place. I didn't visit last time, though

Redplanet is very small room and no refrigerator in room. Very clean and good friendly service staffs. If a joiner arrives they wont call though since there is no phone on the room. The joiner has to call you and you have to personally come down to pick her up.

2 hours ago, Psudonym said:

Sir, thanks for the guidance so far. I checked on Google maps about sabai.. just wanted to know are sabai Dee massage and Sabai Lodge same? Also can massage girl be called on phone from sabai inn/wing/lodge?

No, Sabai Dee massage is on 2nd road but can be accessed by a path which is located in the reception of Sabai Wing on soi 1. sabai Lodge is on soi 2 but is directly attatched to Sabai wing so you can literally walk from one to the other via the pool area they share. As for the massage girl question. You cannot book a Sabai Dee soapie girl BUT you can ring through to reception from your in room phone or just ask at the desk and get a normal massage girl sent to your room, every one they sent was open to extras.

The honey2 massage is also close by. Any feedback about it?

I prefer the Honey massage on Soi Honey on Bukhao but these things change, at one time I thought the Sabai dee soapy was great but then had 2 poor experiences so stopped going. That's Pattaya for you, very changeable from month to month.

What about Red Planet hotel?

As BM Darpra mentions, better choices are available.

Lastly, what is alcazar? It seems to be a famous place. I didn't visit last time, though

So if you are in Sabai wing on Soi 1,  you exit the reception and turn right onto 2nd road and walk down it it to Soi 5, it is on the opposite side of 2nd Rd to Soi's 4 & 5 (nearer 5). There is a large parking area containing a decent set of outdoor food places in their parking area too, which has reasonably priced food and beer.

8 hours ago, Psudonym said:

The Alcazar and also the nearby Tiffinay both put on ladyboy shows.

3 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

The Alcazar and also the nearby Tiffinay both put on ladyboy shows.

Ladyboy show? Not my thing then. Thanks for informing. I will rule out visit to it

I have reserved sabai inn and sabai wing both... No payment done yet.

I just came across eastiny place, eastiny plaza hotel. Photos say they are good hotels. Even has bathtub. Review are not so good though. 

I didn't find much info on them in this forum. Anyone wants to share anything about eastiny place/eastiny plaza/eastiny seven???

On 24.5.2018 at 08:03, insider said:

AFAIK their agreement says they cannot give cheaper walk-in prices.

1 hour ago, Mike056 said:

AFAIK their agreement says they cannot give cheaper walk-in prices.

I do Know that the first time I stayed at sabai lodge Agoda was asking 1,000 baht a night and I popped along to check it in person and saw a flag type banner sign in Thai which I could not read except for the 800 baht prominently displayed. I popped in and asked if there was an offer on. They said yes, rooms were 800 baht so I booked the room.

Pattaya, I am almost closing on sabai inn/wing. 

Please advice on Bkk. Guest friendly with 1000-1200 baht/night budget.

I reserved the sawasdee hotel, sukhumvit soi8 as I was getting deal in 800bht/night.

But, got no idea about it  and the location... i am new to bkk (but old to pats).

Can anyone comment whether soi8 is close to action? and is this hotel good?

Archived