Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel Acqua - temporary pool closure

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Just a heads up guys. I received an email from the hotel to say that the pool will be closed for maintenance from June1 for 2 weeks. The hotel are giving guests free passes to use 247 pool. This might be OK for some, but not for me. One of the big attractions of the Acqua is the upmarket pool and roof bar area. The 247 pool is OK, but is small and with 2 sets of hotel guests seeking to use it, likely to get very busy.

I have contacted Expedia and even though my booking was ‘non refundable’, they were very understanding and refunded my money. So I need to book another hotel...looking at Centara Azure and LK Metropole which both have good offers currently.

FED2C8EC-13B9-4CB7-9F8D-A426541E9297.jpeg

The girls at the front desk told me June 16 is when pool closes, I asked three times to make sure as I’ll be finding other accommodations for my last 5 days if pool s closed. I guess I’ll know for sure on the first. I have about three standbys near here just in case.

4 hours ago, wildhorse said:

The girls at the front desk told me June 16 is when pool closes, I asked three times to make sure as I’ll be finding other accommodations for my last 5 days if pool s closed. I guess I’ll know for sure on the first. I have about three standbys near here just in case.

Before giving me my refund, Expedia phoned the Acqua just to double check the accuracy of the email which the hotel sent me yesterday. The hotel confirmed that the pool closes on 1/6 for 2 weeks. Email below:

Dear Valued Guests,

Please be advised that the swimming pool and pool area will be closed for maintenance from 1st June 2018 for approximately two weeks, meanwhile we have made arrangement with our neighbor hotel, 247 Boutique hotel to assist us allowing you to use their swimming pool free of charge during the closure.

Please collect your pool voucher from our front desk to take to 247 Boutique hotel in order to take advantage of these benefits. Khun Nobkamon (James) our Front Office Manager is the contact person at the front desk for your transfer arrangement.

During the maintenance period we apologize for any inconvenience and offer our sincere thanks for your kind patience and support

Yours sincerely,

hotel Managemen

Mingle with the masses man get the voucher from khun nob and head over !

Maybe something got lost in translation, but I asked the girls to confirm and they told me it’s postponed until June 16. But I’ll find out soon enough. When I first asked about it, I mentioned June 1st for the closure and one girl said yes it will be closed. Then there was discussion amongst 3 girls and one guy at the front desk. Then it came out the pool closure is postponed until June 16. But you never know about the translation.

10 hours ago, jugster said:

Mingle with the masses man get the voucher from khun nob and head over !

247 has a nice little roof top pool...I think they have only around 6 or 8 beds at the side. There won’t be much chance of ‘mingling with the masses’ with the guests from 2 hotels trying to use this small pool.

I don’t know, I asked a suit (manager?) on the elevator today and he says the 1st. Oh well, lots of other hotels in Pattaya with pools.

"16" maybe confused by the girls with 1-6?

Lol, I asked the girls again, they say postponed. Maybe they don’t want this handsome man to move to different hotel.

6 hours ago, eXplosief said:

"16" maybe confused by the girls with 1-6?

Further to me Acqua cancellation, got my money back into my account from Expedia - that was quick. If I have learned one thing from this little episode, it's that Expedia (Thailand) are a pleasure to deal with.

I had the original email from Expedia stating the pool closure from the 1st.

Then, 2 days later, another  saying it’s been put back until the 16th.

So I decided to email the hotel directly and they confirmed the pool closure from the 16th for approximately 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Earl of Ed said:

I had the original email from Expedia stating the pool closure from the 1st.

Then, 2 days later, another  saying it’s been put back until the 16th.

So I decided to email the hotel directly and they confirmed the pool closure from the 16th for approximately 2 weeks.

Talk about confusing....why can’t The Aqua just tell it straight?

Makes sense to do pool work during low season... At our condo, they emptied, retiled where needed, and refilled in about 6 days.  They were working like demons, I gotta say

57 minutes ago, dave01 said:

Makes sense to do pool work during low season... At our condo, they emptied, retiled where needed, and refilled in about 6 days.  They were working like demons, I gotta say

Agree 100% it does make sense to undertake pool work low season. What makes less sense is continuing to advertise the hotel without any reference to the remedial works. 

I agree it is very confusing. I still have my doubts as to whether those dates are correct.  At least now I have some proof of what I was told should there be a problem. 

Its a great place to stay but there are plenty others to choose from in that area.

need to change name.... hotel nonAcqua

• Australia adult video
Follow 

Disclaimer.... yea I'm an Idiot

• 2 weeks later...

Another heads-up lads. Just been into the Acqua only to be told that the pool closure date they emailed me ‘June 1for 2 weeks’ is no longer valid...it’s now closed from 16/6...so my current cancellation was needless. Mai pen rai, I’m currently in LK Renaissance and it’s fine. As we always say, TiT. :D

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 09:31, dave01 said:

Makes sense to do pool work during low season...

True, but this hotel has only been open for about 6 months, never heard of routine pool maintenance lasting 2 weeks after only being open for a  short period of time.

True, but this hotel has only been open for about 6 months, never heard of routine pool maintenance lasting 2 weeks after only being open for a  short period of time.
More than likely to fix build faults like leaks and mosaics coming off? Had the same with my new pool.

Sent from my SM-T719 using Tapatalk

Archived