Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Guesting into business lounges

thinkingallowed

I guess there's a few guys on here who's frequent flyer status allows them to invite fellow travellers into the business lounge. Doesn't cost anything but airports aren't cheap so why not see if you could help a fellow board member out?

Would you do this?

I'll give it a go first...

If anyone is flying on BA 009 to Bangkok next Thursday and would like to visit the Galleries Club lounge in Heathrow terminal 5 send me a message. If you are a quiet private person I'd not be offended if you wanted to sit by yourself but if you are up for a couple of drinks and a chat that's fine too.

^

At times like this one wonders why one bothers.

I have done this a few times.

First time meet someone at the gate who was also flying to Bangkok on his first trip. He was asking about the airport in Tokyo and what was there to do during the 3 hour layover. I told him I was going to the Delta Sky Club and invited him to join me.

The other couple of times, did the same with someone I meet on the plane.

Only have done it once with someone who was the ticket counter in Bangkok at the same time I was who was on the same plane flying out.

I have never posted a invite, you can never be sure who might take you up on your offer.

Anyway, nice jester and hope someone takes you up on your offer.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Did this once  quite a while ago.  I went to the cattle class check in as the business class was a huge queue.  

Chatted to a neat but alternative lass ahead of me.  She seemed harmless so took her along to the lounge.  Best holiday start ever she said.  No follow through sadly but my good deed for the day.

On 5/17/2018 at 17:38, hioctane said:

BA? :Puke2:

On 5/17/2018 at 17:57, thinkingallowed said:

^

At times like this one wonders why one bothers.

He,s from the good old USA........no-one with any sense takes notice :ThumbDown1:

The reason I made that comment was because I was just trying to book an awards ticket with oneworld. BA actually had the gall to ask for 2 rewards for a connecting flight AND $500 in taxes and fees (fuel surcharges I believe). Meanwhile other oneworld members ask for 1 reward and $75 in taxes and fees. Do you Brits really pay these insane taxes and fees when you book a flight with them?

Good idea. I will offer the same when I travel through T3 or T5 for the BA First Wing and Lounge. Going with a mate though next trip next month so you'll have to wait a bit longer sorry :D

BA Galleries Biz and First lounges in T5 are very nice. All refurbished last year. The best Galleries Biz is the one in the B Sat building, I think of it as like a mini Concorde Room in design and it's always empty.

On 5/18/2018 at 13:51, petermik said:

He,s from the good old USA........no-one with any sense takes notice :ThumbDown1:

As an American living abroad for 25+ years, I'm afraid I can only concur. The airlines based in the US are not at all more comfortable or accommodating than many European carriers, and many are far, far worse. 

thinkingaloud, great idea!  I’ll be sure to offer when I go!

Archived