Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Beefeater, Soi Diana

So I was craving steak, asked my buddy Candy if he wanted to accompany.  He stated he didn't want a big meal and I assured him there would be other items on the menu for him.  I got the Filet Medallions with mushrooms in a Bearnaise, with potato wedges.  It came out as a small portion, I think 150 grams total.  Med/Well, the filet was so tender and juicy... very well done steak.  I read it was an English establishment with imported beef from Australia (unless you know different) but I was impressed.  A little on the expensive side, 715b with a soda.  Serving size is small, just like anywhere in Thailand compared to Canada.  

IMG_20180516_185226.thumb.jpg.865f8f3ed2e061bf1e6bd556a0b3bf8b.jpg

They were so busy they asked people to leave or take the outside patio where it's painfully hot...  if you go here during supper hour, make reservations!

IMG_20180516_184751.thumb.jpg.42fb538919b4d6d26b4ca3882ae26dc5.jpg

You should be able to tell where the beef comes from by it's accent.. :P

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Hi Gibsons I have read your reports and enjoy them and I know you are very critical, thus your good review means alot to me I will eat here on my next visit.

It is low season and being crowded is a plus, but sitting down eating your meal surely they can't ask you to move?

2 hours ago, robert said:

Hi Gibsons I have read your reports and enjoy them and I know you are very critical, thus your good review means alot to me I will eat here on my next visit.

It is low season and being crowded is a plus, but sitting down eating your meal surely they can't ask you to move?

They had empty seats during the week but they were all reserved said the Manager, so they were turning people away.  Some opted to go eat and sweat their balls off on the patio (I  can't eat in 75% humidity, I'll sweat non-stop).  My buddy and I got lucky as we came early and were only a party of 2 so we found a table.  Reservations are recommended.  

Good filet, like North American style, small portions though just like everywhere in Thailand.  

We have kicked the steak topic around before here at PA. My memory of the general consensus is that Beefeaters is one of the better middle tier places along with Patricks and Steak and Co. I have been and it is good. I do concur with your make a reservation recommendation at least for the prime dinner hours.

My experience is that the steak at the following places is much better and also more expensive.

• Cafe des Amis (varied cuisine, but excellent steak)
  • Au bon Coin (primarily French, but they have excellent steak as well) 
  • Royal Cliff Grill Room

bon appetite

3 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Patricks

Patricks walked past yesterday closed ,completely stripped out .

Do not know if a total refurbishment or is closed for good..

My preference over Beefeaters personally for a steak. 

The Beefeater does a fairly decent Mexican type buffet Sat/Sun 12.00-16.00 for around 400 Baht 

10 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Patricks walked past yesterday closed ,completely stripped out .

Do not know if a total refurbishment or is closed for good..

My preference over Beefeaters personally for a steak. 

The Beefeater does a fairly decent Mexican type buffet Sat/Sun 12.00-16.00 for around 400 Baht 

Patrick’s is being refurbished and is due to open again beginning of June. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 3 weeks later...

a while ago I've had a try at Beefeater as I was looking for a decent piece of beef and the place was quite discussed over the web

my personal opinion (again, just tried one time and would like to return for a second try) is that's a place without infamy and without glory; asked for a rare fillet and it came medium cooked instead; however taste was good

by my side better experience about the food @ Steak & Co., asked for rare got rare; my gal ordered a rack of lamb ribs and these were super delicious;  while honestly the staff was kind but definitively a little clumsy

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎17 at 13:13, Gibsons1 said:

…..  I read it was an English establishment with imported beef from Australia (unless you know different) but I was impressed.  A little on the expensive side, 715b with a soda. ..

I think that Beefeater is an Swedish establishment unless they have changed owners!?

They often have some Swedish "homecooking" as their daily lunch special!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Been going to Beefeater for at least 5 years, one of the best steaks in Pattaya, like everyone said if you go during lunch/dinner time make sure you book a table especially if you are more than 2 people. Like their selection of drinks, appetizers, main courses and even deserts. They have steaks from several countries which are mentioned on the menu. never had an issue with the quality or service.

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I use to go in this place alot, the meat is so good, i think is the best in Pattaya

I like to go in the afternoon on the weekends to avoid the crowd.  They have a buffet, but I always order al a carte, so have no idea what the buffet is like.    Another option at night (without a reservation) is to sit at the bar if you are alone, but it is still hit/miss to get a seat. 

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite restaurant for a steak, a must on my arrival day.  I do always book a table in advance, and before I take the bill I do my next reservation...  Will normally go there 2 days a week, and next Saturday I will have a good steak there, probably sitting inside, but that is up to a very good girlfriend who works there.  When she serves inside I sit inside, she work outside and I est outside.........:Number1a:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-06-07 at 06:45, plahgat said:

I think that Beefeater is an Swedish establishment unless they have changed owners!?

They often have some Swedish "homecooking" as their daily lunch special!

Plahgat

Yes it is an swedish establishment. I go eat here everytime im in Pattaya but its a must to make a reservationer the evening.

3 hours ago, Ambulans said:

Yes it is an swedish establishment. I go eat here everytime im in Pattaya but its a must to make a reservationer the evening.

And its also always a swedish floor manager present there that helps things go smothly.Beefeater is one of the few places in Pattaya that is consistent in both  service and food.

I had a steak at Beefeaters tonight, the plank fillet. I ordered it medium and I think it was really medium rare. Excellent steak and very tender. I believe the price has risen now it was 775 baht.

Archived