IGNORED

April Suites or March Hotel

allwet

Has anyone stayed at both of these properties? Which do you recommend? April Suites has been my favorite hotel since the closing of Pattaya Bay Resort (RIP my sweet darling). I'm thinking of trying March hotel this time around because it's newer. The only thing that concerns me is that it's much farther down the soi and I don't use motos.

I like April Suites for the location, the fact that it's quiet, the awesome staff and the rooftop pool but the rooms are starting to show their age and then some.

March has the better rooms.

April slightly better location.

March pool is not rooftop and gets afternoon shade quite early.

I always stay April, but wouldn't care if they switched me to March. Switched one year when my mate couldn't get a room at April, they happily accommodated my request...

Only stayed in the new building called "May Hotel". 

Only con was the soi floods if it rains too much. And as you mentioned it's a far walk from Central Road to the hotel. But for the price I paid in May 2018, it was an easy decision. 

I was all booked at April Suites but changed over to march on account of the reportedly softer/better beds. I google mapped it to see the difference in location and personally that doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but there's a good thread on March hotel which is what helped me make my decision. Ill find out friday night if it was the right one. 

Not stayed at either, but its been well documented that people who have booked into April Suites have sometimes been transfered to March suites upon arrival!If this happened to me i`d be pissed off as i choose an hotel for certain reasons.Not at all saying this will happen to you, but it as happened in the past a few times!

My bro raves about March hotel, close to Soi 6 etc.

Never stayed as I prefer South Pattaya area (start the night at Soi 6, end up at Walking Street)

7 hours ago, MF-AJ said:

I was all booked at April Suites but changed over to march on account of the reportedly softer/better beds. I google mapped it to see the difference in location and personally that doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but there's a good thread on March Hotel which is what helped me make my decision. Ill find out friday night if it was the right one. 

I took a stroll over to March hotel on my last stay and it is quite a bit farther down the soi and buried towards the end. But, then again I like the convenience of hopping off the baht bus on 2nd road and knowing the hotel is just a a couple hundred meters away. I also like being able to cut through August Suites to get to Soi Buakhao.

Let us know what you think about March.

• 2 weeks later...

March is a great hotel location could be better but if your looking for cheap and luxurious I would go here.

• 2 weeks later...

Plus I don't like walking down that dark lane to april at night.

I've noticed a few BM's say this about the small Soi leading to April Suites.

What is it that makes you feel uneasy about it?

I've never had an issue and never felt uneasy.

No street lighting and motor bike taxi guys sleeping waiting for customers and its narrow but only 30m from main road to hotel.30 metres not miles

• 1 month later...

For my preference, I can't stand the location of April Suites! It ruined a holiday couple of years ago. It's easy to get to Soi 6 from there but not much else.

I personally prefer to stay between The Avenue mall and Central Festival.

I have never stayed at March suites.

6 minutes ago, kuteguy said:

For my preference, I can't stand the location of April Suites! It ruined a holiday couple of years ago. It's easy to get to Soi 6 from there but not much else.

I personally prefer to stay between The Avenue mall and Central Festival.

I have never stayed at March suites.

Thats surprising as many people choose to stay there `because` of its location!

A good hotel location all depends on where a person frequents regular.

Location wise i think the best place to stay is soi 10.

Well it's all relative. I am comparing April Suites to staying pretty much across the road from central festival (99% of times in soI honey Bay breeze, the scenery, etc).. Which is where I have stayed in every other trip at less price than the April Suites .. 

So hence, for me, April Suites does not represent good value nor good location.

I just did a search and April Suites is just over 900thb while a hotel I stay at and rate much much higher (definitely in terms of location) is under 800thb in August, random but same date used for comparing both. 

So hence my conclusion.

• 5 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, sunnycoastguy said:

Is there a extra fee if you bring a extra girl back, i have stayed at the hotel before but never had a extra girl join me.

Yes 500 baht for 2nd girl. Standard for all hotels from like group which includes august and May 

On 7/18/2018 at 15:41, kuteguy said:

Well it's all relative. I am comparing April Suites to staying pretty much across the road from central festival (99% of times in soI honey Bay Breeze, the scenery, etc).. Which is where I have stayed in every other trip at less price than the April Suites .. 

So hence, for me, April Suites does not represent good value nor good location.

I just did a search and April Suites is just over 900thb while a hotel I stay at and rate much much higher (definitely in terms of location) is under 800thb in August, random but same date used for comparing both. 

So hence my conclusion.

Care to share the hotel you stay in. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

In one of my trips I stayed in April Suits and the guy in front desk is very rude ,after that I never stayed in April suit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I booked and stayed in April Suites. No regrets as the property is still in good condition and the staff have been great. 

I’ll probably go with March next time to try something different.

Is this a recent picture of April Suites? I was looking at it because of the reviews here. But what is this?

4vFb0Tu2XAwOaUuqR4MFbQd2kgarbwgu6fOAW5Fk

I was at April Suites last month and I thought it was located well. Near to Soi 6. On the baht bus route. Motorcycle taxis are there too. Near to a thai massage school which had great massages. Food was near. Pharmacy and family marts near as well.

Onto the rooms itself, water pressure and heater was working well. Basic necessities are there. Quiet location. Blackout curtains were good. Balcony though its quite small. Room was big enough to move around comfortably. Rooftop pool and sauna room with a gym available as well. 

Friendly staffs and a good thing is reception always called before and after a lady leaves to ask if everything is ok. Im planning to book into April again my next trip.

I like March hotel. Its quite and cheap.

Its far from WS but  bahtbus solves the transportation problem.

There is a short but dark walk to the hotel if you hop off in front of Hard Rock Sign at second road.

Rooms are big and clean, pool is quite and big.

There is a mid size refrigerator and a safe at rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at April Suites on my first visit back in August, I must say I was surprised of how good it was compare to the money I paid for it. It was really cheap in my eyes, and the room was great. Had a deluxe room so a bit bigger then normal. Service was great and the staff was really friendly. Also the location is pretty good if you are a Soi 6 guy. For me it was a bit far from Walking Street, so I couldn't just walk, had to take a taxi, which is ok. 

Will defitnetly stay here again. 

12 hours ago, MF-AJ said:

Stayed at March Hotel my first trip in May and I'm booked there again for the end of this month. Love the rooms, location, and for the price it's a no brainer. 

@MF-AJMate I will be going back at the end of this month as well, if I am correct you are a friend of @HimBadMan. Maybe can have a drink or so. During the day most of the time Soi 6 and evening night going gogos and might end up in a club! 

Not staying again at April Suites tho. Going for LK residence as most of the guys I met last trip stayed in this area and wanted to try that this time.

Hit me up mate! Cheers

Archived