IGNORED

So's Place on Soi 15 behind The Avenue

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I was shopping at the Avenues (Village Market) and I noticed that So's Place seems to have been renamed to Note's. Seeing some high Trip Advisor scores for Note's, which I do not have much faith in.

Anybody, know the history?

8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Might be a my old guy eyes problematic observation. I will take a second look next time I am over there.

time to cut down the Leo yai !!!

taken first thing this morning.................

947132501_3jan011(Custom).JPG.8d30367b865f53b4c237c7c28a05eab9.JPG

So's on the left (the sign ain't big) and Notes on the right with it's more prominent display

• 2 months later...

Ate at SO's for the first time in a year, as haven't been to Pattaya in a year and it is still excellent. 

Pad Krapow moo and a Chinese chicken soup both very goodIMG_20200303_201923443.thumb.jpg.2ba60f3b93eb5aa0ba003743227e6a7a.jpg

IMG_20200303_211123_662.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I just walked there today, but I didn't see a sign from So's Place.

Maybe my eyes not good or this restaurant not exist anymore?

I will check it again.

18 minutes ago, Creamboy said:

I will check it again.

I live on this Soi and past it often during the day. Her restaurant hasn't been open since the closures.

1 hour ago, Creamboy said:

I will check it again.

i think the signs have changed and no longer say So's Place. but i've been drinking and i'm not 100 %.

• Like 2

Notes is new it was never so s place, it was a hole in the wall Thai place before, Sos is opposite and has not been open since the bar closures.

Edited by bluechef

22 minutes ago, Creamboy said:

No sing anymore from So's Place. 

DSC_2072.JPG

22 minutes ago, Creamboy said:

No sing anymore from So's Place. 

DSC_2072.JPG

Noticed today it's no longer called So's Never noticed beforeeven though i walk past it at least twice a day,

Edited by bluechef

1 hour ago, bluechef said:

Noticed today it's no longer called So's Never noticed beforeeven though i walk past it at least twice a day,

First time I noticed the sign had gone was late March 

30 minutes ago, spider0064 said:

First time I noticed the sign had gone was late March 

Observant me not, never been in there, so TBH i never look at the place,

It's still there just a different name. If you have nothing positive to add, best stay silent,

• Thanks 1

Im bored as well , anything strange lads ??

8 minutes ago, bluechef said:

It's still there just a different name. If you have nothing positive to add, best stay silent,

Actually I was being very positive  ie: If it is now a different name (and possibly owner) then So's does not exist. Logical mate.

13 minutes ago, thainet said:

Actually I was being very positive  ie: If it is now a different name (and possibly owner) then So's does not exist. Logical mate.

Really?

35 minutes ago, thainet said:

And here we are, you saying how bored we all must be, making 4 pages out of this, Then there is you helping it along to 5, Cannot you wonder at the Ironney  of it all.

43 minutes ago, bluechef said:

And here we are, you saying how bored we all must be, making 4 pages out of this, Then there is you helping it along to 5, Cannot you wonder at the Ironney  of it all.

Firstly its "irony', (not irroney) which is quite ironic. I would suggest you chill a bit.

No need for you to carry on with this silliness.. but thank you for your input to my original post.

I'll take a look at 'Note' tomorrow.

• Haha 1

@thainet & @bluechef, enough please knock it off now thanks.

image.png

jasus , lads keep it up as we are all fairly bored and need some intertainment  ore is it entertainment ??

I ate here at the end of March just before the booze ban, very good food and service , popular with farangs. The sort of place you can eat and stay for drinks afterwards.

Its not called So's Place anymore, she must have sold up, but the new owners are friendly.

Its not notes, its the one on the left in the photos.I expect it will reopen once alcohol is allowed with food again.

On 09/05/2020 at 09:47, goodtimesonly said:

I ate here at the end of March just before the booze ban, very good food and service , popular with farangs. The sort of place you can eat and stay for drinks afterwards.

Its not called So's Place anymore, she must have sold up, but the new owners are friendly.

Its not notes, its the one on the left in the photos.I expect it will reopen once alcohol is allowed with food again.

i looked today. the place is not currently open but the So's sign has deffo been removed (it was on the right hand side sticking out) and a new one installed.

935201640_13may012(Custom).JPG.947e6450786a383964b7bf21d5c53016.JPG

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I saw Rick in a bar just before this Covid Crap started,  we had a chat and a beer and he told me that he'd relocated to Vientiane, Loas.  Apparently Rick and So had  gone separate ways and at that time So was running the place. Pity it's gone, I had many a nice meal and beer there.  I've a feeling many of my old haunts and acquaintances  will have gone by the time I get back.