Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

So's Place on Soi 15 behind The Avenue

I had Red Panang Pork Curry when I was at So's Place in September, was really good. Would definitely eat there again. Next time I tried to go get something to eat early in the morning it wasn't open until 11am. 

So Place Red Panang Moo Curry.jpg

On 15/06/2018 at 21:20, roknrob said:

Sorry to say but I was massively disappointed with this place. 

Went for the first time to try a different Thai Restaurant. Ordered Penang Moo, one of my favourite Thai dishes. Im no expert but i know what makes a good Penang. No body and depth of flavour. Like it was a coconut soup with the slightest bit of red curry paste. Watery. ...

33 minutes ago, jpp said:

I had Red Panang Pork Curry when I was at So's Place in September, was really good. Would definitely eat there again. 

I guess the Penang Moo has improved since June.  :Bravo1:

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My hotel isnt to far from So's Place so next month when I am in Pattaya I'll be going there for some thai food.  When I've been before I've never been disappointed

Looks closed so far this week , been past a few times .

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 16:54, chippysam said:

Looks closed so far this week , been past a few times .

still shut today .............12 days later............and no sign of any work in progress

1304685348_22nov016(Custom).JPG.dbeb50de5b4f8942880dcd1cb0168a0e.JPG

1714363333_22nov017(Custom).JPG.779d099be74e203fc97dee60b8ecac93.JPG

It's been nearly a month since the "Closed For Major Renovation" sign went up, but still no indication of any work in progress.  Taken this morning:

IMG_0087.jpg.a9272cb3621fc301d7258d7203a5055f.jpg

Evil

Hope they not gone for good, loved the food there and the staff were good too.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 27/11/2018 at 16:41, Evil Penevil said:

It's been nearly a month since the "Closed For Major Renovation" sign went up, but still no indication of any work in progress.  Taken this morning:

Evil

thanks for the update. I was thinking about making a trip over for lunch tomorrow. hmmm - Thai Thai Kitchen is a good substitute.

14 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

thanks for the update. I was thinking about making a trip over for lunch tomorrow. hmmm - Thai Thai Kitchen is a good substitute.

Thai Thai's portions wouldn't fill a squirrel.

9 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

Most dishes are 100 or less. I like the food and often order 2 dishes.I eat there regularly.

disclaimer: The owner is a friend of mine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PBear66 said:

The food is good. If you are hungry, order two dishes. Not sure what the problem is. No disclaimer here.

Regarding topic.... don't any BMs who live in Pattaya have contacts with Rick or So ?

Just curious ,  I just hope the closure is not personal health related..... 

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

I stay on Soi 15 and have passed the place many times...just never paid much attention to it...Guess I will try it out...thanks

After a month's closure, So's Place is open again with no signs of a major renovation. 

1021840689_IMG_00951.jpg.f24f7a3b28cf49d559d0557fa34678ce.jpg

The pic was taken Monday night, but they weren't serving food.  I'm not sure if food service began Tuesday,  I'll check today.

Evil

• Like 3

Glad to see the place open again, hope they are serving food sometime soon.    Thanks for the updates.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1163281611_IMG_00951.jpg.60829e0b316a70f2461784a736d9ff31.jpg

I can confirm So's is once again serving food and has been since Tuesday.  So far there's no sign of any significant changes.  The menu's the same, with prices unchanged. A few counters have been removed, but nothing that suggests a major renovation.

Last night I had the soup with pork balls, vegetables and tofu (80 baht) and rice (25 baht).  Delicious!

IMG_0098.jpg.4bb3c9e6c11de3a25bfb44435015c39a.jpg

The soup was full of vitamins and fiber as well as flavor.  It's always an extra plus when a dish that tastes good is also good for you.

IMG_0099.jpg.61d78d4551cef0ded0d8790296dc1b6a.jpg

You won't get fat on this sort of food.

Evil

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to see that they still around.Was there a couple of times in october,good food and very nice,courtious staff .

I will try

Good reports of tasty food

Finally dragged my lazy butt over to So's for lunch today. It's as good as everyone has been saying.

I had the same pork ball soup that EP recently posted about. It was good.

My lady friend had a soup call Suki. It is a kind of a seafood soup. I tasted a little. It was excellent.

IMG_2076.thumb.JPG.1fc66d76031a146c0beb651cd5864a3b.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I was shopping at the Avenues (Village Market) and I noticed that So's Place seems to have been renamed to Note's. Seeing some high Trip Advisor scores for Note's, which I do not have much faith in.

Anybody, know the history?

Just now, ChiFlyer said:

I was shopping at the Avenues (Village Market) and I noticed that So's Place seems to have been renamed to Note's. Seeing some high Trip Advisor scores for Note's, which I do not have much faith in.

i will look friday morning ish

22 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

When I walk by on Christmas Eve, they still had the So's Place sign up.

Maybe Note's s the place to the right when facing them out of the Avenue.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

1 hour ago, LeoTex said:

When I walk by on Christmas Eve, they still had the So's Place sign up.

Maybe Note's s the place to the right when facing them out of the Avenue.

LeoTex

Might be a my old guy eyes problematic observation. I will take a second look next time I am over there.