IGNORED

Condo Advertising Boards

flyingscotsman

Gents,

After talking to a friend about renting a condo he said that quite a few condo blocks have properties for rent or sale by their owner placed on an advertising board in the reception area of the condo.

Is this the case and you would then be dealing directly with the condo owner instead of a booking agent?

I'm looking for a 6 month rental beginning around Oct/Nov around the beach road, 2nd road or Soi Bhuakow area.

If you currently live in any condo block in these areas would you be willing to take a decent picture of the advertising board showing condo's for rent in your block and post here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

FS

5 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

After talking to a friend about renting a condo he said that quite a few condo blocks have properties for rent or sale by their owner placed on an advertising board in the reception area of the condo.

Is this the case and you would then be dealing directly with the condo owner instead of a booking agent?

Usually, yes. Though sometimes agents also advertise on those notice boards. And sometimes the owner may employ an agent anyway to deal with it for him.

It isnt always clear whether an ad is by an owner or an agent.

The office ( in the condo building) or the owner of the condo will deal with the rent or the sale if advertise on notice board . The agency will deal with the rent and the sale on their website and their establishment.  

8 hours ago, jocky king said:

The office ( in the condo building) or the owner of the condo will deal with the rent or the sale if advertise on notice board . The agency will deal with the rent and the sale on their website and their establishment.  

It doesnt work like that in my building.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Ok ..  mine must be different .  Thought all would be the same . 

On 5/14/2018 at 08:37, KittenKong said:

Or any of mine also the office in one of my condos will only offer you an apartment that the owner has left with the office to offer for rent on commission.

Agents or Agencies are not permitted to post on the notice boards in any of my condos.

The general notice board is for co-owners use only.

Adverts for rental under 30 days are not allowed in most condos  ( if you see something you like I would phone them and ask ref duration of rental).  

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

1 hour ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Or any of mine also the office in one of my condos will only offer you an apartment that the owner has left with the office to offer for rent on commission.

Agents or Agencies are not permitted to post on the notice boards in any of my condos.

The general notice board is for co-owners use only.

Adverts for rental under 30 days are not allowed in most condos  ( if you see something you like I would phone them and ask ref duration of rental).  

JDM

Same situation in my condo. Only owners can use the bulletin board but an owner with rental units can handle everything directly or can have the condo mgmt handle check-in and check-out for a fee that would then go into the condo general fund. An owner who is selling can also arrange for the condo manager to show their unit if the owner is not present.

In any case the manager will know which units are for sale or rent whether posted on the bulletin board or not.   A friend of mine rented from an owner who wasn't posting on the bulletin board but the manager told me the unit was available and gave me the contact name and number. Not sure if the condo got a finder's fee or not.

We also have cleaning staff that will clean any unit for a set fee per visit whether occupied by an owner or renter.

The condo maintenance staff will also do small jobs such as plumbing or electrical when they are not busy otherwise. The same deal applies as the cleaning, the owner or renter will get billed for the maintenance man's time. Always cheaper than calling in an outside service but we need to go buy anything necessary.

A good informative post Goolabert and yes most if not all provide the last two matters you listed.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 22/05/2018 at 10:48, Goolabert said:

The condo maintenance staff will also do small jobs such as plumbing or electrical when they are not busy otherwise. The same deal applies as the cleaning, the owner or renter will get billed for the maintenance man's time.

In some buildings the maintenance staff do this and pocket the money. Hardly a penny gets back to the building accounts.

On 22/05/2018 at 10:48, Goolabert said:

In any case the manager will know which units are for sale or rent whether posted on the bulletin board or not.   A friend of mine rented from an owner who wasn't posting on the bulletin board but the manager told me the unit was available and gave me the contact name and number. Not sure if the condo got a finder's fee or not.

Much more likely that the manager pocketed the commission and the building got nothing. In some buildings staff are specifically prohibited from having anything to do with rentals or sales for precisely this reason.

The only thing you can be certain about here is that if there is money involved someone, somewhere, will be creaming off part of it. Endless scams.

50 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

In some buildings the maintenance staff do this and pocket the money. Hardly a penny gets back to the building accounts.

Much more likely that the manager pocketed the commission and the building got nothing. In some buildings staff are specifically prohibited from having anything to do with rentals or sales for precisely this reason.

The only thing you can be certain about here is that if there is money involved someone, somewhere, will be creaming off part of it. Endless scams.

Any work done by the maintenance man is not paid to him directly. It is usually included on the next regular billing for water or other condo fees, never as a separate bill. I'm pretty sure it goes into the condo fund and is accountable via the bills and receipts. However, I always tip the maintenance guy a couple of hundred baht and this has ensured that he always finds the "available" time to do a job for me. Both the maintenance man and the condo fund benefits.

Same as the fees for handling check-in and check-out for rental units. It is well known by the Executive Committee that it is done and the lack of any income from the service would be noticed. If the manager just passes on contact info and the rental owner pays her a finders fee that may be off the record but doesn't bother me at all.

We actually have very good management and an Executive Committee made up of owners that is very active. The current head of the committee is a senior Thai military officer and prior to him it was a consular official from one of the EU embassies. We always receive full meeting minutes of committee meetings along with occasional info letters form the committee chairman. Each year we each owner receives a thick bound binder with full details of all condo business, status of delinquent dues, spreadsheets of costs and revenues, audits, etc.

I'm usually just as cynical about most things as KittenKong but I really do think we have one of the best management teams of any condo I have heard details about. Just pure coincidence but has worked out well the last twelve years.  

On 24/05/2018 at 09:33, Goolabert said:

Any work done by the maintenance man is not paid to him directly. It is usually included on the next regular billing for water or other condo fees, never as a separate bill. I'm pretty sure it goes into the condo fund and is accountable via the bills and receipts. However, I always tip the maintenance guy a couple of hundred baht and this has ensured that he always finds the "available" time to do a job for me. Both the maintenance man and the condo fund benefits.

Same as the fees for handling check-in and check-out for rental units. It is well known by the Executive Committee that it is done and the lack of any income from the service would be noticed. If the manager just passes on contact info and the rental owner pays her a finders fee that may be off the record but doesn't bother me at all.

Sounds like yours is being done correctly.

Others are not.

Archived