IGNORED

Economy Class Fares & Offers

briguy

Why should business class travelers have all the fun? I'll start off with just announced fares from Los Angeles and San Francisco to Bangkok starting around $ 400 for flights from August to November of this year and January through March of next year. Flights are on Hong Kong Airlines, United, Philippine Airlines and ANA:

https://thepointsguy.com/deals/deal-alert-southeast-asia-from-400-round-trip/

image.png.2e32f86deaf3507dd48d39f402ca3005.png

£441booked through Netflights,  £482 booked direct with EVA.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently Etihad is showing under £400 from both London and Manchester, for dates during January, February and March.

A couple of example dates over Chinese New Year.

LOND.jpg

MAN.jpg

• 6 months later...

I know everybody recommends passing on the Chinese carriers, but this is pretty amazing price-wise. China Southern and China Eastern are running deals where you can fly from San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago to Cebu and Manila in the Philippines as well as Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai in Thailand for $ 363 and up:

https://thepointsguy.com/deals/us-to-phillipines-from-363-round-trip/

Just now, briguy said:

I know everybody recommends passing on the Chinese carriers, but this is pretty amazing price-wise. China Southern and China Eastern are running deals where you can fly from San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago to Cebu and Manila in the Philippines as well as Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai in Thailand for $ 363 and up:

https://thepointsguy.com/deals/us-to-phillipines-from-363-round-trip/

There are many reasons to avoid mainland Chinese carriers. I go so far as to avoid even having a layover in China. It’s not worth the risk or hassle, same thing with Russia. No way would I fly into either country. 

5 hours ago, Roadglide said:

There are many reasons to avoid mainland Chinese carriers. I go so far as to avoid even having a layover in China. It’s not worth the risk or hassle, same thing with Russia. No way would I fly into either country. 

Moi aussi (me as well). If the Chinese are doing everything possible to steal intellectual property from 1st world countries, adulterate food products, sell shoddy and/or counterfeit merchandise when they can get away from it (the list goes on...see link below), why would anyone trust their state-supported airlines in areas of integrity, training, maintenance, flight skills, emergency procedures??? Good luck, Sucka!  :Flying:(1st trip Chinese passenger opens emergency exit to 'get fresh air')...555

On the other hand, I passed up the chance to vacation in LOS with a sweet, sexy coworker who needed a travel companion..what was I thinking of? :Oops1:

She chose a mainland Chinese airline to save $ and reported that on the trip home the plane was filled with hacking, coughing nationals...that was after missing work days due to whatever she returned with that caused her laryngitis.

In that instance, getting sick and flying cattle car could have been many times worth it to accompany this lovely lass...sigh. :unsure:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46471904

11 hours ago, Roadglide said:

I have flown via China many times, but always in Business Class.... Air China , China Southern , Hainan ..... mostly via PEK,,,,,,,  CS uses CAN .

If I was flying economy , I would probably agree , but I had no issues during my 6 RT trips.  Had delayed baggage twice, but that has happened on non China airlines too..... 

Now Russia is a different story.....55555

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

Archived