IGNORED

Transfer Visa New Passport

xerive

Hello,

My current visa runs out in July as does my Passport.

I have my new passport - I do not intend going anywhere in the next few months.

My question.

Do I need to transfer my current visa to my new passport - OR can I just wait and when I get my new visa in July that one goes into the new passport?

It's not a problem waiting till July. That's what I would do in your situation unless I had other reasons I had to go before then like a 90 day report.

I just had same issue. Was no problem transferring extension of stay into new passport. I carried two passports around for two months before I did the transfer. The passport which had the current extension of stay stamp (Non Imm O retirement visa) was canceled on receipt of obtaining the new passport. It took about 30minutes for Thai Imm to transfer stamps across as they also transfer the details of the original Non Imm O stamp to new passport also. Do a search on the "Thai Visa Forum" if you want more info on the topic. It has all the answers there.

It is avery easy precess at immigration. 

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

thanks - I know the process is straight forwared etc.  Just wanted to know if I had to transfer the visa from old to new or I could just wait.  Just did my reporting and they asked me to transfer the stamp - will get it done next week as I forgot the letter from the Embassy.

On 5/11/2018 at 15:30, padfoot said:

It is avery easy precess at immigration. 

On 5/12/2018 at 09:29, xerive said:

thanks - I know the process is straight forwared etc.  Just wanted to know if I had to transfer the visa from old to new or I could just wait.  Just did my reporting and they asked me to transfer the stamp - will get it done next week as I forgot the letter from the Embassy.

It might be an easy process at some immigration offices but not all of them!   A couple of years ago I went to my local office for just the transfer from one passport to new one.   Lady there demanded 500 baht for the service, I said I knew it was free, she said only if they make certain checks!   Told her to make the checks, she said would take two weeks!   Asked for my passports back and she said it would be 500 baht to get them back, asked again very politely but same answer.  Walked out without the passport and drove the two hours home, my wife was waiting for me and said immigration had called her to say my passport was ready for collection.  They also said I had to be there before 4-30 pm that day as that is when they close, I was at home at 4-30pm two hours drive away!

Not wanting to drive the 4 hour round trip I waited until I needed to go near there before collecting the passport and this was about 10 days later.  When the lady concerned saw me coming into the office she disappeared quick, I asked for her and they said her day off!  She could not hand the passports back, too much loss of face, so another official had to get them from her desk and hand them to me.   All immigration offices seem to play by their own rules but have to say that over the last couple of years this one has improved and the lady concerned has been moved on.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:22, usexpat46 said:

When I did mine at Jomtien last August they told me to pick it up the following day.

same for me , and the old date of ret. ext. changed to the new date (lost only 15 days ...not to bother about …) as my last ext.was shortened because the expiring date of passport was 15 days earlier than my normal ret expiring date...

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Archived