Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
tt2008

Viber Questions

tt2008

Hi, the VOIP app I have been using to call back to the UK no longer works.

For various reasons I don't want to use LINE, Whatapp or Skype.  I have an iphone.

I was thinking about using Viber as it seems quite popular. I want to call landlines, mobiles and I will get my regular contacts to also install Viber for free VOIP calls.

If I change the SIM in my phone (I travel a lot and use different SIM's around the world) will Viber keep working without me having to re-log in and fiddle with settings etc etc.

I'm happy to seek input on any issues with Viber and/or other recomendations for apps (Wechat???) that work seamlessly with different SIMs (as LINE does).

Thanks

dannyth

I use viber, and it will occasionally detect that the SIM has changed and ask if you want to change number or keep using the original - I always keep using the original and it has never failed - I change sim cards every 2 weeks (frequent international travel)

tt2008

Thanks guys. Looks like Viber will work for me. I'll give it a try.

tunamelt

Viber is quite good for outbound calls, and they sell Viber Out credit just like Skype Out.   Easy.