IGNORED

LHR - BKK £337 Air France/KLM

GreatThings

Air france is all over the shop atm,they have to offer really good fares for people to consider them,could even go under as they keep hemoraging money 

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

if you have 21 hours to spare for the trip , two stops  , not so good 

55555 :Grin_Jump1:

What about "Air France flight was cancelled because of a strike ":Party1:

Even airports out in the sticks have cheaper fairs than normal from Klm/Air France but when I looked the really cheap ones all used Air France to get to Schippol......hmmmmmm!

Do they know something we don't?

What on earth is everyone here going on about?

If there is a problem, they will simply put you on a flight with another airline.

Schiphol? Yes, of course. Air France and KLM are as one.

21 hours??  Two stops?? Erm.....no.

14 hours and 30 mins & 14 hours and 50 mins. One stop.

AF.JPG

1 hour ago, GreatThings said:

What on earth is everyone here going on about?

If there is a problem, they will simply put you on a flight with another airline.

Schiphol? Yes, of course. Air France and KLM are as one.

21 hours??  Two stops?? Erm.....no.

14 hours and 30 mins & 14 hours and 50 mins. One stop.

AF.JPG

Not all of us live in London with lots of flights to Amsterdam in case of a cancelled flight. Out in the smaller UK cities there's a smaller number of flights. Every time I've used Klm to Amsterdam from Newcastle the flight was packed no matter what time of year.

21 hours ago, Farmer1 said:

Not all of us live in London with lots of flights to Amsterdam in case of a cancelled flight. Out in the smaller UK cities there's a smaller number of flights. Every time I've used Klm to Amsterdam from Newcastle the flight was packed no matter what time of year.

But the deal is from London. It's in the title.

If I spot a deal from Newcastle I'll let you know.

Mid September thru November is always the period for low fares from UK to Thailand, sub £400 is usually possible and availability wide open so I personally wouldn't take the risk of booking so far ahead and to save a few quid with Air France for at least two reasons.

1. They throw a strike at the drop of a hat.

2. Will they still be in business in 5 or 6 months time, the CEO and French government are not offering any guarantees due to the current industrial unrest.

Yes, in each of these situations you may be put on a flight with another airline but it will be hassle and the journey will probably take longer than planned.

If you do book, use a credit card, at least then you can get your money back if the worst happens

KLM are fine as long as they don't get dragged down by Air France

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:10, GreatThings said:

But the deal is from London. It's in the title.

If I spot a deal from Newcastle I'll let you know.

thankyou I look forward to it

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 13:32, Farmer1 said:

thankyou I look forward to it

With Eurowings/Lufthansa/Austrian Airlines. Dates from August throughout October;

Newc.JPG

Thanks for that. Bloody cheap. Emirates is £500 or more for those dates at the moment

If you can book it via AMS with KLM go for it. I used to fly KLM from CWL a lot.

More of a risk via CDG with Air France.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3-4-3 config on the 777 will guarenteee a unpleasant ride

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone knows what gate flight KLM 875 (Amsterdam - bkk) gets into?

Reason I am asking is because I am thinking of booking the electric caddy thing to pick the parents up from the gate as my old man has trouble walking a long distance these days. Previously they have flown emirates and they alway land miles away so it was worth getting it for him but I have read that if the plane lands at a gate close to immigration they won’t send an electric caddy round to pick the, up but will still charge for it. Don’t mention getting a wheelchair assistance as not a chance in hell he will get into it! 

Any help much appreciated 

Cheers

10 hours ago, makavelli said:

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone knows what gate flight KLM 875 (Amsterdam - bkk) gets into?

Reason I am asking is because I am thinking of booking the electric caddy thing to pick the parents up from the gate as my old man has trouble walking a long distance these days. Previously they have flown emirates and they alway land miles away so it was worth getting it for him but I have read that if the plane lands at a gate close to immigration they won’t send an electric caddy round to pick the, up but will still charge for it. Don’t mention getting a wheelchair assistance as not a chance in hell he will get into it! 

Any help much appreciated 

Cheers

I’ve booked the electric cart 4 times now and it’s always been there. 

I think the gates can vary (??) but the KLM Business Lounge is on F Concourse so the chances are they use those gates when possible. It’s only some of the D gates that are close to Immigration, I think.

For a bit more, you can also book a porter then they won’t have to handle luggage either.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

28 minutes ago, bullseye said:

Never use Air France.

Yeh ...and they killed concorde

3 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Yeh ...and they killed concorde

Nope, it was the Continental DC 10 that took of 5 min before that lost part of the engine cowl which killed the Concorde...... and AF Biz is excellent and often has very good deals. Flying out in August and, with transfer on CDG, damage is approx EUR 1490,-

1 hour ago, Kandinski said:

Nope, it was the Continental DC 10 that took of 5 min before that lost part of the engine cowl which killed the Concorde...... and AF Biz is excellent and often has very good deals. Flying out in August and, with transfer on CDG, damage is approx EUR 1490,-

after the relaunch, what killed concorde was the ongoing costs. BA and air france were splitting the maintenance costs 50:50, until AF pulled out, leaving BA unable to cover 100% of the cost, hence the death of concorde. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 21:28, taylor1975 said:

after the relaunch, what killed concorde was the ongoing costs. BA and air france were splitting the maintenance costs 50:50, until AF pulled out, leaving BA unable to cover 100% of the cost, hence the death of concorde. 

not only are air france a poor airline...CDG has to be one of the worst airports in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s hard to look beyond the me3 or Eva lhr-bkk

Archived