IGNORED

Centara Ave/Pride/Urban/The Avenue

Jackie2013

52 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

The Pride only completed one of their buildings, the other only got as far as foundation.

Interesting. Didn't know that.

Where, physically, would this 'other' building be built? Diagonal, for example, across Soi 15 in what WAS the 'vacant' lot?

Needless to say NOT impressed by the 'build quality' plus seemed vulnerable to maintenance. The interior courtyard?, for example. And, most importantly, price. The value of VT6 condoo with a 'view' has proven this theory.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after many trips over the last 4-5 years staying close to Soi 15 the catastrophe that is Centara/ Golden Tulip and others I doubt I would buy. it still has all the elements of a "bubble" just like tourism to Pattaya when WS becomes the same as the Elephant parks for tourists.

15 minutes ago, galt67 said:

Interesting. Didn't know that.

Where, physically, would this 'other' building be built? Diagonal, for example, across Soi 15 in what WAS the 'vacant' lot?

If you walk along the small soi that takes you to Soi Diana you'll notice it as its adjacent to the completed building.

6 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

If you walk along the small soi that takes you to Soi Diana you'll notice it as its adjacent to the completed building.

Has that "alleyway" now been closed off to access via Centara?

16 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Yup. 

If you look closely the Pride building that is completed is actually building B. A was along that small soi to soi Diana, behind the tin fencing. In February there were people in there, doing what I don't know, but the piles and new-ish water tanks were on show.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 04:14, geezerrb said:

Has that "alleyway" now been closed off to access via Centara?

As of Sept 4th was still open - I used it regularly as was staying in Soi 15.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2018 at 08:50, usexpat46 said:

The Pride only completed one of their buildings, the other only got as far as foundation.

I did not know that The Pride completed only one building. I considered staying there but they do not rent for one month, only a minimum of 3 months. 

Here is a photo from The Base condo showing the one completed building at The Pride and the uncompleted foundation of the other building.

The Pride_SAM_7547.JPG

• 1 month later...

I've rented at the residence and trying the urban this time,

seems the residence is little outdated and need some improvements 

On 20/10/2018 at 02:45, joeaf said:

I did not know that The Pride completed only one building. I considered staying there but they do not rent for one month, only a minimum of 3 months. 

Here is a photo from The Base condo showing the one completed building at The Pride and the uncompleted foundation of the other building.

The Pride_SAM_7547.JPG

Go see Kloy buliding manager , at the Pride she organises rentals for one month or more . I rent there last few times usually one month or two at a time through Kloy .

• 1 month later...

I'm also looking at these same properties and will be moving into one soon. I',m been in a beachfront condo in Naklua the last 14 years that I really love but am tired of the ride into Central Pattaya where everyone I know hangs out. I'll be selling it once I'm moved out and get it all cleaned up.

I used Gecko Properties website and Hipflat to compare relative prices for 1 bedroom places. Not interested in studios. Hipflat has listings from multiple agencies and seems to have a lot of out of date info. 

I settled on a goal of 18k/month for a 1 bedroom and a max of 20k but only if it was superior to all the rest in that range. Lots to choose from in the 18-20k range and I am assuming some of the listings for 20k might go cheaper for a 1 year contract.

I have checked City Garden, The Pride and The Urban so far by going in person to see what the on-site mgmt had to offer. The Pride had a small 1BR for 20k that was ok but not worth the price if I can get 10 sqm more for 2k less. They also had a large 2BR but it was over my budget. I think it was 24k/month. Going into The Pride felt like walking into a prison block for some reason since I've never been in a prison block. Love the location though, best of the bunch and I also have a friend who lives there.

City Garden has both small and large one bedroom units in this price range. I looked at one of each. The small 1BR was at the base of the steps to the rooftop pool in Bldg E. It was adequate except for the balcony which was only slightly larger than the size of a phone booth, and that's not an exaggeration. The larger 1BR had a balcony that while small was at least functional. The larger 1BR made it to the "possible" list.

The lady I was talking to told me about a guy with a 2BR and even though I told her my budget was firm and I didn't need two bedrooms she was stressing that the guy might make a very good offer. She urged me to contact her about it when I was ready to make a decision.

Yesterday I looked at a couple of units at The Urban and found I could get 52sqm for 18k/month and this is what I am going to settle on. The only thing pointed out as less than optimal was it was on the backside of the bldg with a less desirable view. She called it the "City View" or maybe she said "Shitty View" but the view doesn't really matter to me.

I don't need to commit until the current tenant moves out and I can see it in person. I actually was shown a same size unit and the shown pictures of the one that I was interested.

Since I have time I'll probably take a look at The Avenue but their 1BR listings are smaller in size and I'm pretty happy with  the unit at The Urban.

On 30/01/2019 at 07:17, Goolabert said:

I'm also looking at these same properties and will be moving into one soon. I',m been in a beachfront condo in Naklua the last 14 years that I really love but am tired of the ride into Central Pattaya where everyone I know hangs out. I'll be selling it once I'm moved out and get it all cleaned up.

I used Gecko Properties website and Hipflat to compare relative prices for 1 bedroom places. Not interested in studios. Hipflat has listings from multiple agencies and seems to have a lot of out of date info. 

I settled on a goal of 18k/month for a 1 bedroom and a max of 20k but only if it was superior to all the rest in that range. Lots to choose from in the 18-20k range and I am assuming some of the listings for 20k might go cheaper for a 1 year contract.

I have checked City Garden, The Pride and The Urban so far by going in person to see what the on-site mgmt had to offer. The Pride had a small 1BR for 20k that was ok but not worth the price if I can get 10 sqm more for 2k less. They also had a large 2BR but it was over my budget. I think it was 24k/month. Going into The Pride felt like walking into a prison block for some reason since I've never been in a prison block. Love the location though, best of the bunch and I also have a friend who lives there.

City Garden has both small and large one bedroom units in this price range. I looked at one of each. The small 1BR was at The Base of the steps to the rooftop pool in Bldg E. It was adequate except for the balcony which was only slightly larger than the size of a phone booth, and that's not an exaggeration. The larger 1BR had a balcony that while small was at least functional. The larger 1BR made it to the "possible" list.

The lady I was talking to told me about a guy with a 2BR and even though I told her my budget was firm and I didn't need two bedrooms she was stressing that the guy might make a very good offer. She urged me to contact her about it when I was ready to make a decision.

Yesterday I looked at a couple of units at The Urban and found I could get 52sqm for 18k/month and this is what I am going to settle on. The only thing pointed out as less than optimal was it was on the backside of the bldg with a less desirable view. She called it the "City View" or maybe she said "Shitty View" but the view doesn't really matter to me.

I don't need to commit until the current tenant moves out and I can see it in person. I actually was shown a same size unit and the shown pictures of the one that I was interested.

Since I have time I'll probably take a look at The Avenue but their 1BR listings are smaller in size and I'm pretty happy with  the unit at The Urban.

Be carful with city garden

the dump next to it absolutely stinks

make sure your nowhere near that side of the complex 

5 hours ago, ant said:

Ya, I had a friend rent a one bedroom for 3 months facing the back. The noise of the roosters and barking dogs in the back drove him absolutely crazy and couldn't wait to leave.

One thing to watch out for in The Avenue and The Urban is that little patch of land between them which is used by mototaxi guys as somewhere to hang out and sleep in hammocks hung from a tree.  You don't want to be anywhere near those mototaxi guys, have them in any way spoiling the outwards view from your windows and balcony, or be worried about them looking in at you.

16 hours ago, SirL said:

One thing to watch out for in The Avenue and The Urban is that little patch of land between them which is used by mototaxi guys as somewhere to hang out and sleep in hammocks hung from a tree.  You don't want to be anywhere near those mototaxi guys, have them in any way spoiling the outwards view from your windows and balcony, or be worried about them looking in at you.

I'm on 4th floor in the avenue overlooking that patch. Yes, I can hear the mototaxi guys clapping, and if I look down can see them sleeping, but they cant see in, and, I imagine, are a security benefit.... i rarely shut my balcony doors even if I'm out during the day, and i hope the mototaxi chaps would  notice if someone started to climb up the building to get in. Of course, they might not! They aren't an issue to me.

Being on that side of the building also means I get more natural light than if i was on the pool side. 

I also looked at condos in City Garden, and found them dark (even to the extent you needed the lights on inside during the day), and small, and in the Urban, where, whilst they may have been slightly bigger, they were more expensive, looked into other condos in the complex, and were tatty... or at least, the ones I looked at were!

29 minutes ago, imitebee said:

I'm on 4th floor in the avenue overlooking that patch. Yes, I can hear the mototaxi guys clapping, and if I look down can see them sleeping, but they cant see in, and, I imagine, are a security benefit.... i rarely shut my balcony doors even if I'm out during the day, and i hope the mototaxi chaps would  notice if someone started to climb up the building to get in. Of course, they might not! They aren't an issue to me.

Could it be possible, if you think climbing up the building to break in is do-able, that one of the mototaxi guys themselves could climb up?  I doubt the others would raise the alarm.

I imagine the worst aspect of them is not security though, but just that they and their lifestyle look ugly.

On 04/02/2019 at 13:37, ant said:

Which side is that?

Are you possibly referring to the Wat Chai rubbish dump on Soi 15? If so, you are wrong in that it is NOT next to City Garden.

It's not really a dump as such, more a refuse area of the Wat Chai complex, but it can be quite smelly. 

It could potentially affect the south-facing windows of the front, south block of City Garden, which is not far away..... Although there is another set of (single storey) buildings) between City Gaeden and the dump.

16 hours ago, pregnantladyboy said:

It's not really a dump as such, more a refuse area of the Wat Chai complex, but it can be quite smelly. 

It could potentially affect the south-facing windows of the front, south block of City Garden, which is not far away..... Although there is another set of (single storey) buildings) between City Gaeden and the dump.

Indeed, it can be quite smelly. However, the smell doesn't travel very far - certainly not as far as City Garden.

Try standing outside that block of single storey buildings you mention and see if you can notice the smell there. You won't.

• 4 months later...
On 13/05/2018 at 21:24, talung66 said:

Last year I went to see room at the Avenue before settling on Centara.

The rooms I looked at were 14k to 16k and all were old and worn. Might have been ok if they were refurbished the urban and pride were more expensive so I dint look.

Try City garden might be better but they charge over the odd for utilities unless you rent direct from the owner.

Or give Centara another go in a room not pool facing with a view. Mine in building A faced Areca lodges pool nice view and quiet. Or building C some have views and still haven’t got meters installed.

I might have some Leads been talking to Airbnb owners with LINE and am in the owners group.

talung66

looking for a 1 bdrm, not studio...have stayed at City Garden many times...perfect location, but I do want a quiet area...not into partying or do I wish to hear it through the walls..arriving late nov...so 4 month rental Dec thru end of march.

8 hours ago, billybog said:

talung66

looking for a 1 bdrm, not studio...have stayed at City Garden many times...perfect location, but I do want a quiet area...not into partying or do I wish to hear it through the walls..arriving late nov...so 4 month rental Dec thru end of march.

My original post is 2 years old is this a question as i have new leads for centara. + Grand avenue should be open by then. 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I have rented a condo at The Avenue 1 bed for 16k month with two year lease

On 13/06/2019 at 23:52, talung66 said:

My original post is 2 years old is this a question as i have new leads for centara. + Grand avenue should be open by then. 

Hi @talung66

could you pm me your contact at centara please ?

i stayed at the pride quite a few times for a month ,using the same agent who was a diamond,her website as well as her email is no longer in use and looking for a 1 month stay next February 

any leads for Soi 15 would be appreciated 

regards 

jam

Hi [mention=83499]talung66[/mention]
could you pm me your contact at centara please ?
i stayed at the pride quite a few times for a month ,using the same agent who was a diamond,her website as well as her email is no longer in use and looking for a 1 month stay next February 
any leads for soi 15 would be appreciated 

regards 
jam

Next February is very far off! The girl I rent from at Centara charges 20k for the month for poolside rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Next February is very far off! The girl I rent from at Centara charges 20k for the month for poolside rooms.

20 k a month is great by me 

are they studio or with separate bedroom bud ?

will possibly asking for the girls contact info if there 1 bedroom

regards

jam

20 k a month is great by me 
are they studio or with separate bedroom bud ?
will possibly asking for the girls contact info if there 1 bedroom
regards
jam

It is a studio. I am not sure if Centara has any 1 bedrooms.

Archived