Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Centara Ave/Pride/Urban/The Avenue

Jackie2013

Have you used this plan? Works good without many disconnections?
I use the unlimited 4mbps plan and its been quick enough for downloads, youtube and streaming. Its been very consistent. I wouldnt buy the top one, I'd try the 10mbps first

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Main location would be pattaya center inside one of the condos in the title.

If you can confirm this, find a condo become very easy for me.

I m so stubborn I know, but good internet for me is mandatory.

Could you do a speedtest and post the result?

2 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

I use the unlimited 4mbps plan and its been quick enough for downloads, youtube and streaming. Its been very consistent. I wouldnt buy the Top One, I'd try the 10mbps first

I will be grateful if would share with me your tests in the future ;)

I will be grateful if would share with me your tests in the future ;)
Personally I'm happy with the 4mbps as back up for my guesthouse wifi. Its actually better, i have nothing to test. You should get an AIS sim for a day or week and test your data speed in your condo. If good enough get the 4, 6, 10 or max speed monthly package. I'm behind 3rd road and the signal is very good

13 minutes ago, balooo said:

Main location would be pattaya center inside one of the condos in the title.

If you can confirm this, find a condo become very easy for me.

I m so stubborn I know, but good internet for me is mandatory.

Could you do a speedtest and post the result?

only way of getting good internet i if the owner has a hard line direct to the apartment all other is wifi unsecured building shared.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 16/06/2018 at 04:30, fatjack1 said:

I am curious what the going rates are for these condos.  Such as how large, what is included, etc.  Reason is I own across the street in a large condo I am looking to either sell or rent and would like some baseline.

I rented a very nicely furnished apartment at The Pride 68 m2 1 bedroom for 25,000. I have a friend who rents a 1 bedroom there for 23,000. I got offered a studio there for 13,000.

On 17/06/2018 at 11:46, SpankTheLing said:

You got to be joking? I looked at The Pride to buy when they first built. It was by far the worst and cheapest finish in Soi 15. It was the only place in Soi 15 I wouldnt even consider.

A friend rented at The Urban briefly, the cupboards were falling apart, the hot water tap was either full on or off and the bathroom had a huge crack in the wall. I saw an ad there on a board for a 1 bedroom for 18,000.

The Pride can be very hot if on the eastern side while the western side is a little noisy from the traffic behind Villa Mart.

I checked a studio at Centara last week, they are quite nice but very small, around 24 m2. With a bed, sofa and coffee table there was no room left at all, the sofa was hard up against the end of the bed.

1 hour ago, talung66 said:

only way of getting good internet i if the owner has a hard line direct to the apartment all other is wifi unsecured building shared.

I got the impression that Centara is shared wifi only but may be wrong.

25 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

.Yes  owners can get there own hard line.I think 3bb is there only option thought. 

When you buy a condo, it does not come with private wifi! It is up to the owner to install it. That is the same with all condos. All the ones I have rented had private wifi. Ask if they have before you rent!

15 minutes ago, hioctane said:
57 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

When you buy a condo, it does not come with private wifi! It is up to the owner to install it. That is the same with all condos. All the ones I have rented had private wifi. Ask if they have before you rent!

Do you know if they have 2 bedroom condo for rent? I am probably going to bring my elderly mother over for a week or so in a couple of months. Last time she came she enjoyed Babydolls.

52 minutes ago, hioctane said:
1 hour ago, Kahoy said:

What you write is probably true for Centara (about which I know very little), but some condos on Soi 15 come with shared communal wifi that is just about good enough for regular use.  The latter, shared adequate communal building wifi, was the situation for the condo I rented last time in The Avenue.  The shared Avenue wifi was OK, just about useable, but not great.

Please excuse my ignorance, but which exactly are the Centara Avenue condos on this pic?  Are they newly built in the pale brown rectangle almost dead centre of the slightly old pic?  There seem to be several Centara this and Centara that buildings in this area, and I'm a bit confused which is which.

When I was staying last time in The Avenue (three white rectangular roofs just left of centre) I could see a large condo development about half built in that pale brown rectangle, that must be just about complete by now.  What is that condo development called please, and is it any good?

CentaraAvenue.thumb.jpg.e612eeebc02edd337dda248fb0bb0ecd.jpg

Please excuse my ignorance, but which exactly are the Centara Avenue condos on this pic?  Are they newly built in the pale brown rectangle almost dead centre of the slightly old pic?  There seem to be several Centara this and Centara that buildings in this area, and I'm a bit confused which is which.
When I was staying last time in The Avenue (three white rectangular roofs just left of centre) I could see a large condo development about half built in that pale brown rectangle, that must be just about complete by now.  What is that condo development called please, and is it any good?
Centara Azaure is right down from the Avenue condos. I believe they have two of them. One of them is the hotel part for daily rentals and the other is for long term condo rentals.

16 minutes ago, SirL said:

The condos are the 3 other buildings around the pool behind the hotels with the price tags

centara.PNG

Thanks for identifying the buildings.  I think I remember an entrance on Soi 15, with a restaurant that did some kind of buffet meal(??).  Is there a back entrance directly towards LK Metro?

My previous rental in The Avenue, which I liked and would have repeated, is not going to work out for my next trip so I'm now in the market for some other condo to rent around Soi 15, and Centara Avenue seems a reasonable option.

And what about the new condos being constructed in the pale brown rectangle?  Does anyone know anything about them?  I guess completion round about now.

That's why its maybe easier to just use an AIS sim from your phone or dongle for wifi, better security also

Yes restaurant with the big aquarium in it. Can enter off a alleyway from ski Diana that is beside Areca and empties out very close to LK Metro entrance.

The construction on the new ones across the street was stalled for many months. When I was there last fall they had started again, but I’d say still a ways from completion.

And what about the new condos being constructed in the pale brown rectangle?  Does anyone know anything about them?  I guess completion round about now.

I will report back next month. I am staying at City Garden this time.

9 hours ago, SirL said:

There is a tread titled "Hot Resales at the Golden Tulip" that has photos of the progress in the Real Estate general questions section.

7 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

There is a tread titled "Hot Resales at the Golden Tulip" that has photos of the progress in the Real Estate general questions section.

So what's in the pale brown rectangle is called the Golden Tulip??  Sorry, I know much less about that than maybe you do.  I'm not interested in buying, just renting.

45 minutes ago, SirL said:

So what's in the pale brown rectangle is called the Golden Tulip??  Sorry, I know much less about that than maybe you do.  I'm not interested in buying, just renting.

I know very little about the project, just pointing you in the direction in regards to your question about completion as striderman posts photos showing the progress of the project.

5 hours ago, SirL said:

The pale brown rectangle building was formerly called the Golden Tulip hotel and Residence, and the PA thread is:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/294445-hot-resale-at-the-golden-tulip-foreign-quota/?page=24

The former builder, Tulip Group ran into problems/delays and a new builder took over and now the project is called Grand Avenue Residence.  The Pattaya Realty link below says 2Q 2019 is the expected completion date but I would not rely too heavily on that date since there is no date posted on the builder’s website.   Follow the PA thread above for better assessment of the completion date for renting.

http://grandavenuepattaya.com/

http://pattayarealty.com/property/development/Grand_Avenue_Residence-New-Project-in-Central-Pattaya/

The Tulip Group was also building the Waterfront Suites & Residences and ran into substantial problems as discussed in this PA thread:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307390-the-waterfront-can-go-on-but-must-removing-8-floors/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-4336515

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2018 at 11:46, SpankTheLing said:

You got to be joking? I looked at The Pride to buy when they first built. It was by far the worst and cheapest finish in Soi 15. It was the only place in Soi 15 I wouldnt even consider.

I seriously considered The Pride, right after completion, in late 2011.

Same conclusion thus bought at VT6.

12 hours ago, galt67 said:

I seriously considered The Pride, right after completion, in late 2011.

The Pride only completed one of their buildings, the other only got as far as foundation.

Archived