IGNORED

Centara Ave/Pride/Urban/The Avenue

Jackie2013

Hi Guys, 

I have a ~ 8 month rental coming up. Last 3 months I stayed at Centara Avenue and I enjoyed the location and the new-feeling of the condos. The drawbacks was a noisy AC (as other mentioned) and that the pool-area created quite the noise during day times because it's jointly shared with a hotel

What would be your preference of the following: The Avenue, Pride, Urban, Centara Avenue? 

I can get a studio for the ~ same price in all. In my humble opinion The Avenue/The Urban seems to be in a more quiet area - which should be a positive, but I'm unsure about the quality inside. 

Any thoughts on the subject would be great. Do you have your own listing? I'm open for PMs. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same question.

Last year I went to see room at the Avenue before settling on Centara.

The rooms I looked at were 14k to 16k and all were old and worn. Might have been ok if they were refurbished the urban and pride were more expensive so I dint look.

Try City garden might be better but they charge over the odd for utilities unless you rent direct from the owner.

Or give Centara another go in a room not pool facing with a view. Mine in building A faced areca lodges pool nice view and quiet. Or building C some have views and still haven’t got meters installed.

I might have some Leads been talking to Airbnb owners with LINE and am in the owners group.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I am looking for an agency that rents condos on Soi 15 for a month at a time.

The Pride way above the others, then City Garden. The Urban is probably better than The Avenue,

If you don't need a kitchen the try Holiday Apartments above Thai Thai Kitchen , Cloud 9, Hideaway or Billabong, all in soi15.

On 5/19/2018 at 17:41, Explorer8939 said:

I am looking for an agency that rents condos on Soi 15 for a month at a time.

The Urban and City Garden juristic offices offered me a rental on a monthly basis, but not The Avenue and The Pride (only min of 3 months) in 2016 when I visited their juristic offices.  Things may have changed with increased competition from The Base and Centara opening.  See my 2017 post #17 below for juristic office contact info.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/317647-any-advice-on-renting-a-condo-for-2-months-this-december/?tab=comments#comment-4180101

The Urban and City Garden juristic offices offered me a rental on a monthly basis, but not The Avenue and The Pride (only min of 3 months) in 2016 when I visited their juristic offices.  Things may have changed with increased competition from The Base and Centara opening.  See my 2017 post #17 below for juristic office contact info.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/317647-any-advice-on-renting-a-condo-for-2-months-this-december/?tab=comments#comment-4180101

I can confirm The Avenue and Centara were both 3 month min.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking for a studio to rent for 6 months in the same area but i would have a private internet/wifi.  
Is it possibile?
At this moment Centara is my first choice.
Long term lease is super easy to find. Internet depends on the condo.

Thank you hioctane.

if someone have rented a studio in Centara/Pride/Urban/The Avenue/CityGarden/TheBase with private internet included in renting fee please let me know.

Could I ask to condo juristic offices to arrange internet facilities for me? What you think?

if someone have a direct contact in this offices please let me know.

Thank you guys!

I rented in the Urban for a year, pleasant staff to deal with though I was on the side with the shade, while quiet it was too dim. The loo/shower was also on the small side and everything was in need of a refurb/refresh as with many condos of that age. Rent was 20k inclusive, owner pays management fees.

I then moved to City Garden which was a slightly smaller room (53 to 48 sqm) but the shower & toilet area was twice the size of the urban. We complained about the water pressure/ hot water (lack of) for a year and nothing was done. Rent 17k inclusive.

Staying in the Central area has it's drawbacks; you can never stay in. :rolleyes:

We've moved to Diamond Suites just before Jomtien on the Thrapaya Road; far superior 64 sqm condo with a sizeable balcony overlooking the pools area; excellent shower and bath, good water pressure and a bigger kitchen. 16k pm. I actually stayed in for 3 days without the urge to go out. You then have the choice between left or right, it's 5 mins to the centre of Jomtien and 10 mins to Patts.

Decisions, decisions. Ok dear, Patts it is. :Grin3:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I liked the Urban, my room wasn't the best but I've got a mate who's lived there for 3 years and wouldn't dream of moving, he loves it. :)

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thank you hioctane.
if someone have rented a studio in Centara/Pride/Urban/The Avenue/CityGarden/TheBase with private internet included in renting fee please let me know.
Could I ask to condo juristic offices to arrange internet facilities for me? What you think?

Thank you guys!

You could always use an AIS sim, various packages with fast internet, easy enough, circ 500 baht

Thank you hioctane.

Thank you guys!

Most condos will either have private internet or not. Most do, but you should ask. If not, either tether your cellphone or rent a portable hotspot.

I am curious what the going rates are for these condos.  Such as how large, what is included, etc.  Reason is I own across the street in a large condo I am looking to either sell or rent and would like some baseline.

7 hours ago, fatjack1 said:

I am curious what the going rates are for these condos.  Such as how large, what is included, etc.  Reason is I own across the street in a large condo I am looking to either sell or rent and would like some baseline.

impossible question to answer with no info about size view house name quota view etc etc and also im not all too sure you will get a realistic sale price estimate from theese forums and whatever you do stay away from agency clowns .

hipflat can help you abit but they are posting ASKING prices and not saleprices and sometimes with few sales in the building it gets heavilly misleading .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Thanks.  I know precise info isn''t happening.  I am hoping to get a handle on what mine is worth by comparing it to units nearby.  I can then decide if the larger size and quiet/calm of my building is worth it to stay away from some of the possible din of these buildings listed.  I will look into this "hipflat"

As for setting a sale price it baffles me there isn't an MLS system here.  I don't know how the rest of the world works but when you list a house in the USA it is placed on a nationwide network that ALL realtors can see.  Very handy for finding he right house in the right area or getting buyers for your own house.

On 20/05/2018 at 04:47, Kahoy said:

The Pride way above the others, then City Garden. The Urban is probably better than The Avenue,

You got to be joking? I looked at The Pride to buy when they first built. It was by far the worst and cheapest finish in Soi 15. It was the only place in Soi 15 I wouldnt even consider.

Soi 15 is getting busier and busier with bars and massage places i wonder if it will be too busy in the future where the noise becomes a problem

On 6/15/2018 at 23:11, hioctane said:
On 6/15/2018 at 10:34, balooo said:
Thank you hioctane.

Thank you guys!

Most condos will either have private internet or not. Most do, but you should ask. If not, either tether your cellphone or rent a portable hotspot.

Thank you, tetherning or hotspot isn't an option form me, I need somthing without limits in speed/GB like AIS/3bb fiber or DSL.

To be onest, I just found a package in AIS website: 1500 bath/month unlimited internet 300Mbit, If it works good could be a good solution.

Thank you, tetherning or hotspot isn't an option form me, I need somthing without limits in speed/GB like AIS/3bb fiber or DSL.

There are unlimited plans that are faster than any fiber connection.

4 minutes ago, hioctane said:
17 minutes ago, balooo said:

There are unlimited plans that are faster than any fiber connection.

Have you used this plan? Works good without many disconnections?

Have you used this plan? Works good without many disconnections?
Yes, but it depends on location.

Archived