IGNORED

View Talay 6 vs The Base Condos - Central Pattaya

Explorer8939

• 3 weeks later...

These are good choices if you stay maximum 1 month or have serious dough to put in your accomodation. Both are like soviet condo blocks(or hotels) with some problems regarding short stays. VT& have serious problems with elevators during the high season and The Base is like hotel bits falling off already.

Only thing plus for them is the location. If you can bear 3rd road near Soi Buakhao(5min. walk), you can get new studios for 12-14kbht + couple of thousand for water&electr. without short staying tourists around making noise and other bad stuff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

Only thing plus for them is the location. If you can bear 3rd road near Soi Buakhao(5min. walk), you can get new studios for 12-14kbht + couple of thousand for water&electr. without short staying tourists around making noise and other bad stuff. 

Great! .....i'm in england right now. Tell me how to book one :)

Check out the new projects in that area, then contact the people/agency who rents them. I know the guy who has 2 new units in the City Center Recidence but unfortunately those units are not vacant until the 2019 as they are new, have the nice location and are pretty cheap compared to The Base and VT6.

8 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

Check out the new projects in that area, then contact the people/agency who rents them. I know the guy who has 2 new units in the City Center Recidence but unfortunately those units are not vacant until the 2019 as they are new, have the nice location and are pretty cheap compared to The Base and VT6.

Although city centre location looks ok, it looks like a longish walk to actually get to 3rd road as the entrance is on soi 8 bongkot (i think its called). Is that correct?

I only see them on air bnb and for a month they are not 12k.

how are those balconys on the 30th floor at the base I stayed they last year and the rust was starting on the bottom uprights

coming through and not looking very good, have a look I was staying on the 30th floor just under the swimming pool

• Like 1

I could wash the dishes with a view like this

sink.jpg.08458c3958928deb541e24135f36fa15.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/05/2018 at 02:09, jpmelville said:

. ... VT& have serious problems with elevators during the high season ...

Everyone has their own experiences, I was there December/January - high season and had no problem with the lifts.

If the lifts were a little bit busy, I would sometimes just use the service lift.

Most of the time a lift was available straight away at the times I used them.

absolutely no problems with the lifts in vt6 so you must have been there during a repair or something , if you wish to experience problems with lifts visit Markland .......... endless waiting and turtle speed elevators .

regarding the topic nothing is more convinient than vt6 , its absolutely spot on location wise for easy living while the base requires legwork for anything you wish to do .

• Like 2

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

• 2 months later...

Having lived for years in VT6, I have never experienced any issue with the lifts.

Yes, they can be crowded. And if on the 27th floor, as I am, sometimes waiting for two minutes or so.

As Yogi Berra said, 'it's too crowded, no one goes there anymore.'

Regarding The Base, consistently I have heard from owners, renters, and girls that 'visited' two comments: the rooms are 'very small' and 'LOTS of Chinese.'

So, if prices/amenities were roughly equal between the properties, for short/long term rental, I would choose VT6.

As always, up to you!

18 minutes ago, galt67 said:

So, if prices/amenities were roughly equal between the properties, for short/long term rental, I would choose VT6.

Prices aren't anything like equal between VT6 and The Base.  VT6 is generally about twice the price, though of course that varies condo by condo.  To suggest they are anywhere near the same price is nonsense.

Anyone with any contacts for renting in VT6 for 15 days in Dec this year.

I have been looking at the usual list of Dancewatchers, Honeys, Pat42, Kanya, etc.

Just wondered if there are any more i should look at.

I've paid around 1500 to 1800 per night so looking for the same.

Arrive on the 7th till 22nd.

Thanks

The only time I had a problem on VT6 was last year, there was a 15 min storm in April, and it must have hit some kind of power grid because only the service elevator was working... but that got resolved in a matter of hours.
The sea side view is just amazing from the high floors and the prices are average depending on your budget... paid around 2k per night i believe./

Very friendly security at the elevator, and access from both sides.
And a nice balcony for shisha which is best done after boom boom with or without TG.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SirL said:

Prices aren't anything like equal between VT6 and The Base.  VT6 is generally about twice the price, though of course that varies condo by condo.  To suggest they are anywhere near the same price is nonsense.

VT6/ST--GENERALLY (low season) 1500B (48sq)

VT6/ST--GENERALLY (high season) 2000B (48sq)

VT6/LT--GENERALLY 18-25kB/month

The Base is 'generally' half of these prices...?

If so, the landlords there are making approximately ZERO (rental) return on investment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, galt67 said:

VT6/ST--GENERALLY (low season) 1500B (48sq)

VT6/ST--GENERALLY (high season) 2000B (48sq)

VT6/LT--GENERALLY 18-25kB/month

The Base is 'generally' half of these prices...?

If so, the landlords there are making approximately ZERO (rental) return on investment.

Yes.

I only know about high season pricing, things could be different in lower season which I know little about.  In particular, if VT6 condos in low season were getting down towards B1000 a night, value could be appearing.

I'm used to staying in places like The Base or the Soi 15 Avenue Urban City Garden group.  I look for 35-50 sq m, good internet, OK view not of wall opposite.  I'm accustomed to paying B700-800 per night for a monthly booking, ie very low 20s per month.  I have a booking coming up in high season at B740/night.  All prices include all commission but elec + water to be paid on top on departure.  These are AirBnB type prices for booking in advance, not yearly contracts to occupy immediately, which will always be ~30% cheaper.

Whenever I look at Honey etc on the WS side of VT6 the prices in the same high season seem to be B2200-2400 per night, maybe with a monthly etc discount which would bring it down to the B1500-2000/n level.  That's twice the price I'm used to paying.

I agree VT6 is a bit better than the Soi 15 bunch, mainly for better location and view, depending of course on the specific condo.  I'd be willing to pay 30-40% more than my usual Soi 15 pricing for a similar VT6, but when I see prices twice as much, maybe more than twice, I can't see the value.

IMO the reason for the VT6 premium is that it's almost the only condo block in town that is more than just a generic "room".  All the others are just unbranded "rooms" of a certain size selling into an oversupplied market.  VT6 is just about the only place in central Pattaya that is worth more than a standard "room".

Edited by SirL
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

VT6 monthly rentals are way too high compared to other condos - obviously view and popularity at a premium. I stayed Centara Residence condo also on Soi 15 and location is great - I would also consider Avenue and Urban as long term I like that area - will be interesting to see prices when Grand condo opposite hideaway when it opens next year.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 17/09/2018 at 05:08, bpauly said:

VT6 monthly rentals are way too high compared to other condos - obviously view and popularity at a premium. I stayed Centara Residence condo also on Soi 15 and location is great - I would also consider Avenue and Urban as long term I like that area - will be interesting to see prices when Grand condo opposite hideaway when it opens next year.

How are the walls' sound insulation in those places? I stayed at VT6 7 years ago and you can hear the next rooms VERY easily , and I hate that. (I assume the same for the base?)

Any recommendation for hotels/condos that has good sound insulation? for similar prices as VT6 or lower.

Edited by ironfist

Just now, ironfist said:

How are the wall's sound insulation in those places? I stayed at VT6 7 years ago and you can hear the next rooms VERY easily , and I hate that. (I assume the same for the base?)

Any recommendation for hotels/condos that has good sound insulation? for similar prices as VT6 or lower.

I stayed at VT6 for about an hour before I checked out and asked for a refund, could hear our loud obnoxious neighbor as if he was in our room.  Base isn't as bad but I frequently heard Russians (Pre-covid) having very loud sex and the shuffling of Chinese feet in flip flops nonstop in the hallway.  

Unixx is good, right next to the baht bus route, quiet at night and also easy to get to Jomtien.  

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Do anyone know if it is noise in the room from the Central festival side in the VT6? Noise from parking,deliverycars,aircon on the roof, etc from the Central festival.  I know the view is not great,but i can live with that. From floor 11 and up in VT6. I can rent room but some say it is noise from the Central festival. I have stayed on the other side facing Walking Street of VT6 before.

22 minutes ago, casper67 said:

Do anyone know if it is noise in the room from the Central festival side in the VT6? Noise from parking,deliverycars,aircon on the roof, etc from the Central festival.  I know the view is not great,but i can live with that. From floor 11 and up in VT6. I can rent room but some say it is noise from the Central festival. I have stayed on the other side facing Walking Street of VT6 before.

I have tried out a few rooms at View Talay 6. I stayed a few days on Floor 15 and 25 directly facing Central Festival and I couldn't hear a thing from inside the room. And from the position of my bed on Floor 25, all I could really see was the sea and beach, so even the view was never that bad (from inside the room).

I like to sit out on the balcony, so south facing / high floor / closer to the beach room works for me. But if that wasn’t the case, north facing mid floor and up would be perfectly fine. North facing might become more popular with the new hotel being built south side. 

4 minutes ago, George1234 said:

I have tried out a few rooms at View Talay 6. I stayed a few days on Floor 15 and 25 directly facing Central Festival and I couldn't hear a thing from inside the room. And from the position of my bed on Floor 25, all I could really see was the sea and beach, so even the view was never that bad (from inside the room).

I like to sit out on the balcony, so south facing / high floor / closer to the beach room works for me. But if that wasn’t the case, north facing mid floor and up would be perfectly fine. North facing might become more popular with the new hotel being built south side. 

Good to hear. What hotel will being built? Is it next to VT6 where the big open area is facing Walking Street?

23 minutes ago, casper67 said:

Good to hear. What hotel will being built? Is it next to VT6 where the big open area is facing Walking Street?

Obviously nothing is certain, but the latest news is discussed here:

• Like 2