IGNORED

Glass House

11 hours ago, Birdieboy said:

I have been wanting to go to this place for the last 3 or 4 trips I have been in town but I do not have a car or motorbike when I’m here can anyone recommend the best way to get transportation to this restaurant?

There are two of these places. One is in Na Jomtien and that is the one that most of this thread talks about. I used a taxi to get there from Jomtien. Cost was 500 round trip. This location has seating on the beach and also indoors. For me, part of the vibe is being outdoors with the direct Ocean view. This location is aka The Glass House Pattaya.

The other location is in Naklua. This one is aka The Glass House Silver. It is on soi Naklua 18, so theoretically you could get there via baht bus. If you catch the bus in Pattaya on Second Road, it usually continues on into Naklua. You would have to get off at soi Naklua 16-1 and walk to the Ocean or have a motorbike take you the rest of the way. It looks to be well over a km walk to me. I have never been to the Naklua location as it opened much more recently than the Na Jomtien location.   

http://www.glasshouse-pattaya.com/en/

1057211375_GlassHouseSilver.thumb.PNG.140e922413959a21c883d8e69f230a01.PNG

Edited by ChiFlyer

• 1 month later...

Was at the Naklua location a few weeks ago. Much smaller than the Jomtien venue and not nearly as nice. Food was fine but the place is quite small and totally rammed with Chinese tour groups it appeared---you know the type, spitting on the floor, loud and generally unpleasant behavior by some shirtless louts, rude to the service people. Left as soon as we finished with the food. The Na Jomtien location is far superior in my experience. 

• 7 months later...

I have a car now, so we decided to drive out to the Glass House last night. The food at this place is good, but not great IMO. It is all about the view (dinner on the beach).

The bill with 2 glasses of wine, a beer, and a coke was about 2100. Oh yeah, we had some food as well. Decided to drive back taking Thepprasit from Sukhumvit to Thappraya in order to buy gas at a station I like. Note to self, avoid Thepprasit on Sunday night.

Anyway - a few pics.

Beach view
723417217_GlassHouse-A.thumb.JPG.9a2cf1e46ed29be72045c48b66cfedc9.JPG

Some of the food, after I finally remembered to take a pic
1285662146_GlassHouse-C.thumb.jpg.8cf8559e8170d6e951d5a53fb4d7001a.jpg

After Sunset

1898590311_GlassHouse-D.thumb.jpg.0d5b65405d99c5d03f8d082475244f2e.jpg
In general, this is a very pleasant place with good (not great IMO) food. We will likely get over here a few times a year.

• Like 2