IGNORED

Glass House

I'm staying in Jomtien, just arrived last night, and thought I'd check out local restaurants. Glass House looks stunning online, and most of the reviews are positive. I had some trepidation with a few reviews complaining about it being overrun by the Chinese tour groups, as well as average food (but only some people).

It's a bit out of the way, definitely not walkable, and there don't seem to be baht buses from the condo I'm staying at (Soi 19 Jomtien). Ended up using the Uber-alternative, quick and simple, and ten minutes later we're there.

All I can say is wow. Wow, wow, wow. The location is gorgeous, both undercover and beachside dining. The menu was extensive, with a huge cocktail list. 

We ordered a crapload of different options for 3 people, and the majority of the dishes were spectacular. The cocktails were generally good (some were knockouts), but the seafood was fresh, delicious, and I'm definitely going back. Not cheap by Thai standards, but by Aussie standards it came down to about AUD $70 per person for about 9 dishes plus drinks. 

I highly recommend!

IMG_20180502_173725.jpg

IMG_20180502_174204.jpg

IMG_20180502_174559.jpg

IMG_20180502_180518.jpg

IMG_20180502_180846.jpg

IMG_20180502_182051.jpg

IMG_20180502_182054.jpg

IMG_20180502_182546.jpg

IMG_20180502_182604.jpg

IMG_20180502_183129.jpg

IMG_20180502_183403.jpg

IMG_20180502_184047.jpg

IMG_20180502_184656.jpg

MVIMG_20180502_173739.jpg

MVIMG_20180502_174459.jpg

MVIMG_20180502_174556.jpg

MVIMG_20180502_182550.jpg

MVIMG_20180502_182557.jpg

MVIMG_20180502_183404.jpg

MVIMG_20180502_184907.jpg

MVIMG_20180502_193419.jpg

Oh wow, looks damn good.

I come to thailand for food and women:D

And their coffee was good!

i had a nice lunch there, ordered way too much food and had to waddle down the beach to a nice bar for some beer.

A8CDBBA5-0B8D-4C5D-928C-0F0758EF940C.jpeg.83191ffcd26d369297229a49fe477b29.jpegB30E05DA-0267-4BDA-A2A2-7A28E413D004.jpeg.e979e84c1f2b34836047de9fa7313de4.jpeg

I have't been to Glass House in a while, nice to hear everything is still tip top! Thanks for the report and pics

• 9 months later...

Went to the Glass House for the first time last night. I would agree for the most part with what was said above.

Oh, if you check their web site, you will see there are two of these places now with the second one being in Naklua. Might be more convenient for some. We went to the one in Na Jomtien.

http://www.glasshouse-pattaya.com/en/

Two persons, Margaritas, two glasses of wine, and a few side dishes came to 2800 with tip. Not cheap, but not really super pricey for what we ordered either. We sat on the beach and it certainly was pleasant, except for about 1/2 hour right before sundown when the sea breeze died for a while. Not a big deal.

The biggest pain with the place is getting there given the traffic on Sukhumvit (Rt. 3). It really gets snarled up. Give yourself close to 1/2 hour from where Thappraya turns toward Jomtien Beach Road and this is on a Sunday.

Here are a few food pics.

Spicy Larb Salad

594236602_GlassHouse-A.thumb.JPG.875679fbd23f262299ebea3cea37f627.JPG

Fried White Perch with Garlic

786428074_GlassHouse-C.thumb.JPG.dfce067f65480c50aa5459f7b654f351.JPG

Shishimi

1854189862_GlassHouse-E.thumb.JPG.6c6177a6e03298f23e5d57e7f551b1de.JPG

Fried Rice

1387437380_GlassHouse-D.thumb.JPG.f8072cfebad21e5a606dcc30dbcf09aa.JPG

And one view shot

1014376160_GlassHouse-H.thumb.JPG.e6690ada142e2f93f9b67742324757e6.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s, basically, a seafood place?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I have been a few times and found it to be hit and miss depending on how busy and usually a lot of Chinese. As alternative I do like La Bacca next door a lot less crowded and excellent service.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Er no....international menu....check it out http://www.glasshouse-pattaya.com/en/

Thanks. Just a coincidence that everyone eating in reviews ordered seafood then :)

I gave up on the website as it was VERY slow. Probably not the best design for an iPad. 

7 hours ago, davidge said:

It’s, basically, a seafood place?

Thai seafood is what they are known for, but there is a Western Section to the menu as well. If you make it there, the menu has pictures and id numbers,  but no prices with the pics. There is an index at the end of the menu (about 50 pages of menu I would guess) that shows the prices by id number.

3 hours ago, Czmate said:

I have been a few times and found it to be hit and miss depending on how busy and usually a lot of Chinese. As alternative I do like La Bacca next door a lot less crowded and excellent service.

Does La Bacca have the sea view as well? I think I noticed it. Also, what is their fare?

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Thanks. Just a coincidence that everyone eating in reviews ordered seafood then :)

I gave up on the website as it was VERY slow. Probably not the best design for an iPad. 

As you have already ascertained their website is way to happy for whatever they have powering it. I get to it in an ok time, but have a pretty strong connection on my end. They obviously do not and also do not understand how to manage the infrastructure required to support heavy graphics.

4 hours ago, davidge said:

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

As you have already ascertained their website is way to happy for whatever they have powering it. I get to it in an ok time, but have a pretty strong connection on my end. They obviously do not and also do not understand how to manage the infrastructure required to support heavy graphics.

I can scroll through the menu at normal speed with a Chomebook on the condo's WIFI.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Does La Bacca have the sea view as well? I think I noticed it. Also, what is their fare?

If you are talking about Bacca Beach Italian across from Glasshouse then yes it is on the beach. Over X mas 4 of us went and i seemed the only one really pleased with the food, i had the spaghetti bolognese which i thought was very good. Nice setting but the service was a bit lacking.

On 11/02/2019 at 12:27, davidge said:

And especially an iPad powered by A4 batteries.......5555555555

joking :LMFO:

22 hours ago, likeaking said:

I can scroll through the menu at normal speed with a Chomebook on the condo's WIFI.

I think we have interacted on a few topics before and I get the impression that you are a knowledgeable and more experienced resident of the area than myself. 

What bugs me about their website is that it takes a long time to initialize. Once it does it looks very pretty, but IMNSHO very poorly organized.

It gives you one huge page with a lot of pics for both locations. No subdivision of topics. For example there are food pics, but I did not see a full menu link. Maybe I was too dense to see it.

Once it initializes, I get good scrolling from the condo internet connection, but me thinks the site is all flash and not well organized for information purposes.

I sent them an e-mail for a reservation and got no response. I called and got the reservation that way. It was a special event, so I wanted to make sure. My only point is that they are not well organized internet access wise.

Well, website a little better today. Took two and a half minutes for Homepage to load but at least today I managed to use the drop down options and go to the Na Jomtien Menu page, which took about 20 seconds to load. Sadly, on getting there it just showed pics of a few dishes but no actual menu or prices. All a bit pointless really.

All flash no substance.

3 minutes ago, davidge said:

Well, website a little better today. Took two and a half minutes for Homepage to load but at least today I managed to use the drop down options and go to the Na Jomtien Menu page, which took about 20 seconds to load. Sadly, on getting there it just showed pics of a few dishes but no actual menu or prices. All a bit pointless really.

Took less than five seconds for the homepage to open five minutes ago. Can a website be optimized for a particular browser ie Chrome, Edge, Apple?

The accommodations look stunning. Too bad about the website's absence of a real menu, just a bunch of colorful items with identification. 

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

5 minutes ago, likeaking said:

Took less than five seconds for the homepage to open five minutes ago. Can a website be optimized for a particular browser ie Chrome, Edge, Apple?

The accommodations look stunning. Too bad about the website's absence of a real menu, just a bunch of colorful items with identification. 

I don’t know but I don’t have a problem with any other site - I use Safari.

Yes, they’d be more likely to attract custom with a proper menu there, I’d have thought - unless they use Facebook for that?

26 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

What bugs me about their website is that it takes a long time to initialize. Once it does it looks very pretty, but IMNSHO very poorly organized.

It gives you one huge page with a lot of pics for both locations. No subdivision of topics. For example there are food pics, but I did not see a full menu link. Maybe I was too dense to see it.

Scroll to the bottom of the opening page. There you'll see two boxes, on left is is Naklua and right is Na Jomtien. Above the two boxes, across the page, are tabs for menu, accommodations, contact, etc. Once a tab is opened you still have to be vigilant at to which restaurant's information you're viewing.

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

4 minutes ago, likeaking said:

Scroll to the bottom of the opening page. There you'll see two boxes, on left is is Naklua and right is Na Jomtien. Above the two boxes, across the page, are tabs for menu, accommodations, contact, etc. Once a tab is opened you still have to be vigilant at to which restaurant's information you're viewing.

Doesn’t look at all like that on an iPad. There’s a Menu top right of the Hompage that leads to the choices. Maybe they have a ‘mobile’ site that’s rubbish and a ‘desktop’ site that’s better?

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

Doesn’t look at all like that on an iPad. There’s a Menu top right of the Hompage that leads to the choices. Maybe they have a ‘mobile’ site that’s rubbish and a ‘desktop’ site that’s better?

Naw, the menu is on the top right of my page also. As you scroll down the page, the menu items (accommodations, menu, etc.) are each represented by large, pretty pictures you can open. Near the bottom of the page the menu tabs are across the page. I guess I immediately scrolled down the pretty pictures until I hit the menu tabs running across the page.

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Two Glasshouses, man I wish I could go again! Since my last trip at the time of review (my bucks party trip), I'm no longer allowed to go to Pattaya with the boys :(

Well, unless I  can convince one of the single guys in our group to get married, then have their bucks in Patts!

• 1 month later...

I have been wanting to go to this place for the last 3 or 4 trips I have been in town but I do not have a car or motorbike when I’m here can anyone recommend the best way to get transportation to this restaurant?

RT