IGNORED

which nightlife district is best in bangkok to live

rufuss818

I looked it up on google but there was a few to choose from.  Can someone tell me which district I should choose? thanks

I used to live near Patpong and that is a very liveable area, lots of street food and restaurants and pubs and not far from Lumpini Park. 

Although i've been to BKK 7 times, i have never visited Patpong as i can find everything my heart (and dick) desires in Nana and soi cowboy.

I think if I was to move to BKK permanently I’d stay out of the night life areas a bit and have some semblance of a normal life.  Maybe make sure I was in the BTS though.

Too much temptation within 5 minutes walk =  empty pockets and broken cock and liver

Assuming you mean the "Naughty" nightlife then lower Suk would be the place to stay (between Nana at Soi-4 & Soi Cowboy at Soi-23, though I never bother with SC nowadays so would just focus on staying near Nana) however I wouldn't recommend it as the traffic/pollution would get to you and what are you going to do with your days whilst you're living there?

Personally I'd live somewhere out of the center a bit that's on the BTS Line (Say around about On-Nut), short hop on the BTS when you want to go in, 1-200 THB in a Taxi when you're coming back out.

If you're after the more "Normal" nightlife then RCA (Petchaburi area) would be the place to stay (easy to get the MRT from there into SC & ¬100THB in a Taxi to Nana).

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites are  nana or asok if your focus is nightlife and ease to get around. I like prom phong soi 33-39/22-24 if you want a balanced life but its expensive. 

Ive stayed in onnut ekamai and nana over 3 year period. I liked Suk soi 4 the best if nightlife is your focus, but it sucks to live there if it isn’t. Look around wireless rd (Siam) if you want a balanced lifestyle with shopping and entertainment.

Ekamai is ok for a balanced lifestyle but i found i was always going out in nana and asok  and it can be a bit tiring always having to do a 15 min bts ride and then walking and it’s probably the most expensive area in bkk. But there are lots of thai massage places  discos  karaoke and gentlemen bars in the area i think i counted over 30 that cater to thai and Asian. But the place is full of uni kids hi-so and execs so if on a budget of less than 3000usd a month I’d say find somewhere else. Not much for late night food options either and unless you like 140b coffees you are out of luck. Not many hot girls either but if you like the odd super hot girl then you may see 1 or 2 hi-so a day. 

Onnut sucks unless you’re on a tight budget. No good restaurants ( at least as of late 2016 ) no bars and a 20-25min bts ride to asok which can suck when the bts is busy but taxi is only 80b. Over rated I’d say and full of do-Gooder teachers wanting to save the world with a hangover. 

had friends stay in silom by lumpini park once never went back. 

I find Rama-9 to congested but my favourite to visit for tech stuff like camera. And would consider it if going out was not my focus. 

Also look at ari or victory monument. Ari is full of coffee shops but is dead after 8pm. But a really nice area. Victory is really nice for all kinds of reasons but i dont know this place that well again i have the feeling it would be dead after 8pm. 

Oh one last thing look at phrakhanong if you are on a budget. Nice area and way better than onnut at probably less money. More restaurants and bars a huge fresh market cheap condos ( or expensive ) w market for expat food and entertainment ( many of the old onnut night market shops transferred there ) lots of bg and lots of massage places. Can be quiet after 8 but still a lot of options. 

Ekamai is thonglor on a budget and phrakhanong is ekamai and a teachers budget.

I would say that the lower Sukhumvit area between Asoke and Phrom Phong is a good compromise.

This area puts you next to the BTS and MRT hubs and is a good central location for most Bangkok nightlife districts (not just the farang orientated nightlife areas). There is also low cost accommodation available around Soi 22.

This area also has the huge advantage of being within walking distance of three parks and a short MRT ride away from a fourth park (Lumpini). I don't think any other area in Bangkok can match that.

Archived