Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Explorer8939

Typical Condo HOA and Ancillary Fees

Explorer8939

I have a condo in the US and spend about $10,000 a year on fees and insurance and was wondering what people in Pattaya are paying for their condos.

jocky king

wrong post .. sorry .

Edited by jocky king

usexpat46

Most developments charge a fee based upon the size of your unit.  It will vary from around 20 baht per sq meter to 50 or more baht per sq meter per month.  Some developments want all 12 month paid at one time, others monthly.  Insurance for personal items is the responsibility of the owner.

Edited by usexpat46

Explorer8939
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

35 baht per square metre maintenance is average

Per month?

chris2004

I pay insurance for personal effects @ $100 a year. Condo fees for 100 sq m  $1000.

piboundgent

So $1,000 * 30 Baht per dollar is 30000 Baht / 12 is 2500 Baht per month divided by 100 m is about 25 Baht per meter? Am I following this correctly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

chris2004
13 hours ago, piboundgent said:

So $1,000 * 30 Baht per dollar is 30000 Baht / 12 is 2500 Baht per month divided by 100 m is about 25 Baht per meter? Am I following this correctly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes exactly. I think my condo at 25 psqmpm is about the middle of the range. Bottom around 15, top around 50.

stubby

1 pay 19b per sqm a mth and pay yearly so 14000b or 437 us$.

striderman

my common service charge for the year for a 50 mtr unit is 11,400 bht. water, electric, and tv are on top and about the minimum for these a month is around 900/1000. monthly elec  bill can be a fair bit more depends how much you use the aircon. plus internet at around 7,000 bht/year

so that comes to 11,400 plus 7,000 plus 12,000 = 30,400 bht/year minimum which in US dollars today is about 935 bucks. i think that's ok.

note the newer condo builds apart from typically having smaller sized units will also have substantially higher common fees per sq mtr

Edited by striderman

david555

By scrolling some condo offers I found this attached to one ……., as an example for unexpected costs ...in this case painting building in and out and repairing some cracks .So can have a idea when such could happen to owners here.

Click once or twice to enlarge

81230647-VJxKc.jpg

Edited by david555

Oukiva
On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:29, Scuba+ said:

35 baht per square metre maintenance is average

Source? I doubt that the average is so high in Pattaya. Not so many condos with a fee above 35, while still many with a fee below 30, 20 or even 10 baht/sqm/month.

1 hour ago, david555 said:

// an example for unexpected costs ...

Yes. Repainting the whole condo or having to replace old lifts are the 2 big things I can think about that may require a special/additional payment. Something that may happen again only 20 years later. Other reparation/maintenances tasks usually can be managed by a good planning using the normal yearly fee.

Scuba+

Source? I doubt that the average is so high in Pattaya. Not so many condos with a fee above 35, while still many with a fee below 30, 20 or even 10 baht/sqm/month

Everytime i look at the maintenance fee using Neothai its seems to be circ 35 baht. Certainly condos built the last few years.

KittenKong
On 9/23/2018 at 09:15, david555 said:

By scrolling some condo offers I found this attached to one ……., as an example for unexpected costs ...in this case painting building in and out and repairing some cracks .So can have a idea when such could happen to owners here.

4.8MB for a paint job? I wonder how many quotes they got, and I also wonder what business the JPM's brother-in-law is in?

Oukiva
1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

4.8MB for a paint job? I wonder how many quotes they got, and I also wonder what business the JPM's brother-in-law is in?

Good remark :wink:. 4.8MB seems indeed a bit much :unsure:. I think 3 quotes are required for such big works.

As a comparison, I live in Center Condo - who is bigger than this Condochain Condo - and it costed us 2.5MB to have the outside repaired and repainted about 3 years ago.

david555
2 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Good remark :wink:. 4.8MB seems indeed a bit much :unsure:. I think 3 quotes are required for such big works.

As a comparison, I live in Center Condo - who is bigger than this Condochain Condo - and it costed us 2.5MB to have the outside repaired and repainted about 3 years ago.

they also seems to repair cracks ….. must be serious cracks maybe , as those condochain ones are aging ….

one remark , i forgot the agent website where I found ….. must be an honest one as others even publish outside views from balcony's who are already have walled views by high rises , this one shows warning for costs coming ….:rolleyes:

:unsure: Second thought's ….. it is in Rayong …. not in Pattaya Siam Pirate Bay ….noticed a few descent realtors , givings even floorplans of condo ….So they must have visited them as EVEN knows the floorlevel :D and more …… not our Pattaya agents doing :P

Edited by david555

usexpat46
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 18:18, Explorer8939 said:

I have a condo in the US and spend about $10,000 a year on fees and insurance and was wondering what people in Pattaya are paying for their condos.

10K is a lot especially since it doesn't include property taxes.  At least in LOS they don't have an annual property tax, they do have a transfer tax at time of sale which is either paid by seller, buyer or split.

striderman

nothing to do with condo charges but the electricity units used. in feb i replaced normal bulbs with LED  in my 50 mtr condo. in late october the fridge packed in and i replaced it with an 8,000 bht one with an inverter compresser. my units consumed for the last month is 78 down on the same period last year before the changes.

the fridge freezer.................

763015356_30oct007(Custom).JPG.2b68a8b92af31d140861e8a89d2ba6ea.JPG

the LED bulbs and 3 replacement normal switches for dimmer ones paid for themselves in 7 months. the fridge / freezer will pay for itself in 5 years.

but the big benefit for the inverter fridge compared to a normal one is it is silent. i have a bedroom but if your in a studio it will help you sleep.

Edited by striderman