keepitfun

Bintan...what are my options?

keepitfun

I’m off to Singapore and Bintan Indonesia in July.  While I’ve been to both particularly Singapore many times and experienced most of what that city has to offer, I’ve never mongered in Bintan with my trips being business meetings ... golf ... and family trips.  

This time I will also be a bit hampered by family, but would be able to slip away now and again I think.

I’d love to hear from BMs with recent experience of the naughty side of this idyllic island.  Cheers

keepitfun

OK, I’ve done some googling and have found reference to “Kilometer 24” which sounds like a chicken farm 24 km out of town.

Unfortunately, that’s all I know. I can’t find it on any map. 

Has anyone been there? Does it still exist?

theonlyone

Yup,, I actually worked and lived there for 2 years but almost 10 years ago.

Batik 24,, yes its 24 Kms from the main city on the island called Tangun Pinang... Km 24 is deep in the jungle, off the main road excatly 24 kms you turn left off the main road... You then come over a small hill and into Whore Paradise. Houses full of whores,, whores is the only thing in this town, there is NO other shops or business. Its actually run and managed by the Indonesian Navy, so its there as the navy's playground. The girls are cheap and you can do them there in there rooms or best is that you can take out back to your hotel.

Bintan Island itself is near to Batam Island and less than a one hour ferry ride from Singapore. The end of the island thats nearest to Singapore is a golf mecca of outstanding 5 star golf and beach resorts, 2 Gary Player courses Ian Baker Finch and Jack Nicholas, and has a Club Med and a Banyan Tree resort. The main city is the other end of the island about a 2 hour drive and is nothing to rave about.

keepitfun
1 hour ago, theonlyone said:

Batik 24,, yes its 24 Kms from the main city on the island called Tangun Pinang... Km 24 is deep in the jungle, off the main road excatly 24 kms you turn left off the main road

Thanks for this, I’m getting closer.  Which main road? The one north or east out of Tanjung Pinang?  Has the road got a name?  

I guess all taxi drivers will know where it is, but I always like to know on a map first so I know when if I’m about to get mugged.

theonlyone

Sorry don't remember if the road has a name...its the only road that goes up to Lagoi and Tanjung Umbon.. yeah im sure the taxi drivers will know it.. This town of whores is huge, its in a valley if you arrive in the night as you come over the hill and look down into the valley you will amazed how big it is,, its safe there, the only ones that will mug will be girls to get to you first.

Enjoy

keepitfun
47 minutes ago, theonlyone said:

Sorry don't remember if the road has a name...its the only road that goes up to Lagoi and Tanjung Umbon.. yeah im sure the taxi drivers will know it.. This town of whores is huge, its in a valley if you arrive in the night as you come over the hill and look down into the valley you will amazed how big it is,, its safe there, the only ones that will mug will be girls to get to you first.

Enjoy

Great info, thanks so much.  Guaranteed report if I can pull it off in amongst family stuff.