IGNORED

Fellow Americans! Need your help!

richard7791

Fellow Americans,

I'm a total newbie! I'm planning on going to LOS, very soon! Would it be cheaper for me to just book Airfare and get a local hotel there or pay for a whole airfare/hotel package? I know airfare is around 900-1100usd for r/t. Any tips would be much appericated!

I am not an American but I hope it is OK to post here... :Clap: Most people book accommodation directly with the hotels in Pattaya. There is a forum dedicated to accommodation in Pattaya and the link is below. Post any questions about accommodation there. If you ask for recommendations make sure you state what you are after.

Accomodation in Pattaya

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Be careful about booking an entire "trip" through a travel agency, as you may well end up in a shitty hotel or in a hotel with a policy of charging you for overnight "guests." Depending on the time of year, it should be no problem to find a decent hotel for a good price. Just do your homework. On the other hand, if you know the hotel is good and the price is right, I suppose there wouldn't be any harm in booking a trip.

I've always made my own arrangements, although its good to know where you're going when you first arrive, so I usually book the first few nights in advance through one of the relieable online sites. After a day or two you can move around if you find something better.

Rex

It's cheaper to book seperately, it's cheaper yet to just go to Pattaya and get the "walk in" rate. There are so many hotel rooms in Pattaya that during low season you shouldn't have any trouble.

book flight + hotel by yourself

more freedom

far cheaper if u do proper look for fares

u dont pay to travel office!!!

www.Pattaya-Thai.com - Pattaya, Thailand News and Social Network.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

cheaper to do it seperately, i.m. bassgod about airfare from cali he seems to lead a charmed existance when it come to air travel. look at the accomadations section to get a good rate on rooms. i just booked my third trip for about 40% of what i usually spend by using all the resources of this forum.

28278.png

i.m. bassgod about airfare from cali he seems to lead a charmed existance when it come to air travel.

It's just the good connections from my airport, SFO. The last couple trips I booked via hotels.com, they used to get some good rates off of the air only section. I'd sort by price and then look for something with a one or two hour lay over. If I go back to LOS I'll just book Eva's economy plus and try to upgrade to business at the airport. I just can't deal with all those screaming babies in coach any more.

Fellow Americans,

I'm a total newbie! I'm planning on going to LOS, very soon! Would it be cheaper for me to just book Airfare and get a local hotel there or pay for a whole airfare/hotel package? I know airfare is around 900-1100usd for r/t. Any tips would be much appericated!

Book your air ticket separately from your hotel. Use the accommodation section to find a hotel that seems good for you and book it (directly with the hotel) for two days. If you like that hotel once you see it, extend you stay on site. If not, search for another hotel during those two days.

No problem to find rooms in any price class during low season. However, if you're a total newbie, it's nice to have a hotel room to go to directly after the long flight from the U.S., so it's a very good idea to arrange for the first two nights accommodation in Patts before you leave home.

Evil

:Evil_Grin:

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I just came back from LOS 5 days ago and all I booked was my airplane ticket. Take a taxi to Walking Street , when you arrive at Walking Street have a look around ,its close to the action , find a place to sleep the night and in the morning have a better look around. I took a taxi to Soi 7/8 and worked my way from there. I always travel real light so hotel hopping is never a problem

I find that pre booking a hotel in a place that you havent been to before may cause some stress , with maps in hand and the drama's of trying to find it .

"You only get two pieces of ass in your life. Your first and your last." Everything in between is extra gravy and I love extra gravy.

Definately book separately, package deals will usually book you into a hotel that is not guest friendly. If it's your first trip, why not stay in Bangkok for a couple of nights and experience the Nana hotel, something not be missed. In Pattaya I would stay around the soi 13 area, a lot of good hotels there and your halfway between all the action.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would use Thai Air, and if you are a tall or overweight or tall and overweight you should upgrade to super economy (bigger seats) I like them because they are direct flight from JFK airport to bangkok. I just pop 2 pain killers and 2 advil PM and i am out. Also there prices is reasonable.

• 1 month later...

Find a good local (Thai) travel agent for future Thai travel. I use siam travel in Phuket. great service and Aoy will change everything for you if your plans change while in country.

• 1 month later...

I have travel 2 times using Thai air,very good service,flew premium economy,priced about 1700.00(USD) from jfk to bkk

Love the direct flight gladly pay a lil more for that.