Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya - construction near your chosen hotel updates.

Captain Cockblock

2 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

I walked down 2nd Rd yesterday and noticed the buildings that were on Soi 6/1 and 2nd Rd have been demolished.  Maybe another hotel going up next to the D Hotel.

here u go. was the location of tropical berts years ago

5afc57760cc41_may16010(Custom).JPG.c493fa201cab69a8ef165aaced372a54.JPG

for you amari high rollers...............

5afce507ea1ad_may16037(Custom).JPG.bb83ed8f78fda0200d65c3ad1cd64d0e.JPG

that's about the only bit left at the moment cos to the left side..............

5afce54c9cd88_may16025(Custom).JPG.ba9f532184a0a87d4dd323eaf2ebb03a.JPG

5afce56a5db1a_may16027(Custom).JPG.8eea20acf8327558b6489378f8600cad.JPG

5afce57f2426f_may16026(Custom).JPG.116d3fba36d2063649a9b9866e867c92.JPG

and in front of the dusit, still messing with the beach.....................

5afce5b0e6367_may16031(Custom).JPG.e5ecbc5eefc01e5781674ee2027b3841.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 16/05/2018 at 17:08, striderman said:

here u go. was the location of tropical berts years ago

5afc57760cc41_may16010(Custom).JPG.c493fa201cab69a8ef165aaced372a54.JPG

I'm trying figure out where that is now!

Looking at photo, am I right in thinking that 2nd road is behind you and Soi 6 would be to the left?

bb69

22 minutes ago, billybob69 said:

Looking at photo, am I right in thinking that 2nd road is behind you and Soi 6 would be to the left?

2nd Road is indeed right behind you, but Soi 6 is to the right - you can just see the back of some of the buildings on Soi 6 far middle right of the photo just next to the trees in front of the Discovery hotel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

2nd Road is indeed right behind you, but Soi 6 is to the right - you can just see the back of some of the buildings on Soi 6 far middle right of the photo just next to the trees in front of the Discovery Hotel

Sorry, yes I meant that Soi 6 would have been to the right.

If I remember rightly there was also a bar next to Tropical Bert's that has some kind of connection to ex-servicemen. Has that gone now as well? I don't recognise those buildings to the left, although they must have been there for a few years!

The first place that I stayed at when I first visited Pattaya would have been somewhere behind where the photo was taken. It was a guesthouse converted out of the old Police station. Greg's Kitchen was nearby, but I think that he moved to close to Drinking Street.

4 minutes ago, billybob69 said:

If I remember rightly there was also a bar next to Tropical Bert's that has some kind of connection to ex-servicemen. Has that gone now as well? I don't recognise those buildings to the left, although they must have been there for a few years!

Good question, there was definitely a bar in Tropical Bert's but not sure about the army connection.

Those buildings are quite well hidden from 2nd Road alright, I wonder if they're part of one of the resort type places that have entrances on Beach Road. Is it the Tropicana maybe?

1 hour ago, PR1977 said:

Good question, there was definitely a bar in Tropical Bert's but not sure about the army connection.

Those buildings are quite well hidden from 2nd Road alright, I wonder if they're part of one of the resort type places that have entrances on Beach Road. Is it the Tropicana maybe?

well to my right when i took that pic is of course soi 6/1 and then Soi 6. dunno about the low buildings but 1 of those tall blocks is probably discovery beach hotel. i thought it was tropical berts itself that had the military connection

Tropical Bert was the Pattaya connection for the Royal British Legion (ex-Services personnel) but I don't think he ever served himself. Maybe he was in the ambulance service in the UK?

The bar was festooned with military and royalist paraphernalia,as the dominant decorative theme. Had an Old School ambience,of times gone by. I heard he upped sticks and relocated to East Pattaya.

I always remember the squalking parrot that lived in a large cage on the back terrace facing Soi 6/1. Hope it has a better view in it's new habitat.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

16 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Yes, the Tropicana.

15 hours ago, Klongwater said:

Tropical Bert was the Pattaya connection for the Royal British Legion (ex-Services personnel) but I don't think he ever served himself. Maybe he was in the ambulance service in the UK?

The bar was festooned with military and royalist paraphernalia,as the dominant decorative theme.

That was it. It operated as a base for the Royal British Legion.
There used to be about three beer bars at the lower end of Soi 6/1. Rarely saw anyone operating out of them, so I'm guessing they now form part of that site.

I wonder how long it will be before the ladyboy's that used to hang about Soi 6/1 are moved on.

Oh well, nothing stays the same.

On the noon stroll today I saw a sign for a new condo.  Located on the soi heading east off of 2nd Rd just north of the Pattayklang intersection.  The Centric Sea condo would be nearby along with the March hotel. Maybe the next time striderman cruises by on his chopper he can get a photo.

On 7/22/2018 at 17:23, usexpat46 said:

On the noon stroll today I saw a sign for a new condo.  Located on the soi heading east off of 2nd Rd just north of the Pattayklang intersection.  The Centric Sea condo would be nearby along with the March Hotel. Maybe the next time striderman cruises by on his chopper he can get a photo.

here u go.

5b5721527abf8_24july008(Custom).JPG.71d0e5dd6212d6c1bf03eca3c72303c6.JPG

it's next to centric sea

5b572178396aa_24july005(Custom).JPG.1f7370ad691f3dd422f9ebe060cdb07b.JPG

but i think the intended site is behind the current showroom..........

5b5721b19f790_24july007(Custom).JPG.976505ab9e2d58e1e3e066d9e42937fc.JPG

27 minutes ago, striderman said:

here u go.

5b5721527abf8_24july008(Custom).JPG.71d0e5dd6212d6c1bf03eca3c72303c6.JPG

it's next to centric sea

5b572178396aa_24july005(Custom).JPG.1f7370ad691f3dd422f9ebe060cdb07b.JPG

but i think the intended site is behind the current showroom..........

5b5721b19f790_24july007(Custom).JPG.976505ab9e2d58e1e3e066d9e42937fc.JPG

That was quick, now that you've got the bike you're covering more ground. If this is the same group that built the Palms up on Wongamat Beach it should be  a nice condo.

• 4 months later...

Construction going on now in that area of wasteground at the back of D Xpress out onto 3rd Road...will try get some pics and a noise report next week

still nothing going on at the Edge condo site soi diana/second rd by kiss food. overlooked by the Base and LK Residence in the background. i took this pic today

2143951976_17dec019(Custom).JPG.a3f96d375d930c1654bf0600f718a12b.JPG

• 4 months later...
On 17/12/2018 at 16:37, PR1977 said:

Construction going on now in that area of wasteground at the back of D Xpress out onto 3rd Road...will try get some pics and a noise report next week

Any update on this?

Just to add, stayed at Pattaya Blue Sky in January. They were demolishing a building near Soi 5 and 2nd road. They started at 8 am. They should be building something by now.

• 11 months later...

this one on buakaow is coming down

1340739788_21april004(Custom).JPG.ba5b91df976065f734af8c5804d7330b.JPG

between the buakaow hospital and nature view hotel. so there will first be a knockdown then a full build so probably 2/3 years involved

1130689170_21april002(Custom).JPG.eb684b94b6324a04c502d9cd945c2465.JPG

right now it's unimportant as the virus shutdown has affected the hotel anyway

Always fucking construction in Thailand.

Stayed at Royal Cruise Last month and one of the two pools out the front was blocked off and being redone.

The new condo on Soi15 metres away from the pool at the Mercure was being built for six years.  Construction noise all day. 

2 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Always fucking construction in Thailand.

Stayed at Royal Cruise Last month and one of the two pools out the front was blocked off and being redone.

The new condo on Soi15 metres away from the pool at the Mercure was being built for six years.  Construction noise all day. 

If you don't hear banging, drilling and grinding starting at 6am every morning, did you even really visit Pattaya?

There was some jackass going around at 4am with a damn leafblower right outside my hotel a couple of trips back.

Indians don't seem to give a fuck, either. Just yelling at, and to, each other, slamming doors and moving furniture around the whole night. I have no idea how people can be so self-centered and ignorant. It's why I stay away from the ultra-low-budget hotels now.

Then there's those insanely loud motorbikes. If they're able to rattle my skull behind a wall 30 metres away, I can only imagine what they do to the eardrums of those that actually ride the things. Fucking douches.

Earplugs certainly do help for all of the above, but you don't want to wear them every single night. It's not healthy for ear canals.

I often wish we could just close our ears like we do our eyes.

Anyway ... /rant over.