IGNORED

A few questions

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Hi guys I own a 2013 (September) Isuzu D Max X series (4 door, auto, top of the range 2 WD, with leather and Sat Nav). I bought it (for cash)  from new and it's done 70,000km. It's in great condition (save the Sat Nav isn't working currently), no bumps, scrapes, scratches and runs like a dream. Full service history - serviced every 6 months. I really like my Isuzu, but have never kept a car which is more than 5 years old.

Image result for isuzu x series

My questions are:

1) Should I sell it or hang on for another year?

2) If I sell it, should I do this privately or via a PX with a dealer?

3) What might I expect to be offered?

4) If I buy another truck, are there any 'all new' models about to be launched in Thailand?

5) Any recommendations about what to buy next?

Thanks for your help chaps.

Have a look at the Ranger will launch new MY18 in June.

Also the Mercedes Pick up base from Nissan  Navarro.

i don’t how much you can get for the Isuzu but coming up to 5 years old is getting close to time to move it on in my opinion.

i guess it depends what you plan to do in the car it doesn’t sound like you are driving that much adding mileage.

As a Rule you take a Pounding on any Trade in so you may be better off with a straight out sale....Thais Love the Isuzu right up there with the Hilux

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I bought my BMW 320d new in 2001. I've still got it today and its cost virtually nothing to run other than routine service.

These days I will run a car till it dies. In Thailand the depreciation doesn't seem to be as high as in Europe so maybe you don't get hammered so much when you change after 4 or 5 years.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 09:25, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Hi guys I own a 2013 (September) Isuzu D Max X series (4 door, auto, top of the range 2 WD, with leather and Sat Nav). I bought it (for cash)  from new and it's done 70,000km. It's in great condition (save the Sat Nav isn't working currently), no bumps, scrapes, scratches and runs like a dream. Full service history - serviced every 6 months. I really like my Isuzu, but have never kept a car which is more than 5 years old.

Image result for isuzu x series

My questions are:

1) Should I sell it or hang on for another year?

2) If I sell it, should I do this privately or via a PX with a dealer?

3) What might I expect to be offered?

4) If I buy another truck, are there any 'all new' models about to be launched in Thailand?

5) Any recommendations about what to buy next?

Thanks for your help chaps.

Keep the maintenance up to date and it should be good for 15 or 20 years. Properly maintained, diesel engines are good for more than 300,000 km.

Heck, the 100 cc engine in my motorcycle did 180,000 km before I got it overhauled. Now more than 21 years old, and with 275,000 km on the clock (15 years and 180,000 in my hands) it will be good for a good few more years.

Pick-ups are workhorses, with components designed to stay the distance. If you like what you have, keep it, rather than changing for the sake of change.

Archived