IGNORED

Golf societies during the rainy season

phil_that

Greetings!   Looks like I'll have some vacation time in Pattaya end of May through early June.   I've read what I can and am grateful for the information I've found about the golf societies.

I was wondering how the rainy season affects getting out and playing in Pattaya.   Seems like most golf societies stop with outings around the end of March?

Any info from those who play during the summer would be most appreciated.  

I think the Golf Club Bar in soi LK Metro do golf all year.  I could be wrong but I hope not.  I’ll be there first week of June and hoping to play. 

May have to arrange a game with Taxi Nam!

Low Season mean far less customers so many do stop with there Golf tours..Can't make Money

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I have always been able to find a game on Mon/Wed/Fri in low season. I have played with Le Katai on Lenkee and Witherspoons (though the golf guy at 'spoons' is I think now at Retox.

Much thanks for the info.  Planning to get my PSC card and do some scouting when I'm on the ground.  

As a tourist and not having a regular group,  I've used golfasian to book rounds as a single.   It's convenient, but pricey.   

Anyone have referrals or recommendations for taxi service to get to and from the various courses up to an hour away from Pattaya?

I never heard of bars stopping their golf outings.  Yeah, there are fewer golfers but they still go.  I don't think you'll have problems with the groups just might be everyone in a single van.

Nam Taxi can take u to golf.  She plays too if I want company.  I spoke with her last night and she said she hasn’t played for a while but would for a laugh 

go to any of the groups mentioned on the PSC website, they will have the schedule on the website. transport will usually be provided there for a small cost. where you staying in pattaya as there should be a society in the near vicinity.

https://pattayasports.net/calendar/group-calendar/

this link will show you whats  available

happy golfing

20 hours ago, ajgrant63 said:

I think the Golf Club Bar in soi LK Metro do golf all year.  I could be wrong but I hope not.  I’ll be there first week of June and hoping to play. 

May have to arrange a game with Taxi Nam!

Yes The Golf Club operates year round.

7 hours ago, phil_that said:

Much thanks for the info.  Planning to get my PSC card and do some scouting when I'm on the ground.  

As a tourist and not having a regular group,  I've used golfasian to book rounds as a single.   It's convenient, but pricey.   

Anyone have referrals or recommendations for taxi service to get to and from the various courses up to an hour away from Pattaya?

All the PSC related gold bars play in the low season although with typically smaller group size.  The bars want people to come to their establishments and keep things going and many have a consistent group of regulars who live here year round.  As mentioned by others, check the PSC website for the current list of the monthly schedule for their affiliated bars.  They you just need to sign up with them for the rounds of interest.  While most focus on M-W-F there are others who do Tuesday and Thursdays as well.

Common sense is not very common.

On 4/21/2018 at 15:38, ajgrant63 said:

Nam Taxi can take u to golf.  She plays too if I want company.  I spoke with her last night and she said she hasn’t played for a while but would for a laugh 

Thanks all for the replies.  Buy you a beer if I run into you on a course. 

I'll inquire with Nam about golf day trips.   As I prefer to play later in the afternoon.  Seems the bars all play in the morning.  Looking to try play the Siam courses if I can get on.  

On 4/21/2018 at 14:12, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I have always been able to find a game on Mon/Wed/Fri in low season. I have played with Le Katai on Lenkee and Witherspoons (though the golf guy at 'spoons' is I think now at Retox.

Paul (the organiser) is based out of Retox Game On in Soi Honey but you can also sign up at Retox Soi Lengkee. Low season he runs golf on Mon/Wed/Friday every week as you say.  

Witherspoons stopped running golf when Paul moved - nearly 2 years ago?

Courses are currently noticeably quieter which is good for us golfers :)

On 24/04/2018 at 09:57, phil_that said:

Thanks all for the replies.  Buy you a beer if I run into you on a course. 

I'll inquire with Nam about golf day trips.   As I prefer to play later in the afternoon.  Seems the bars all play in the morning.  Looking to try play the Siam courses if I can get on.  

I’m in Pattaya June 5 to 14. Will play with the Golf Club but keen for other games too.  If u are about then give me a shout if u want company for a round 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 02:46, phil_that said:

Yeah, expensive to go out on your own....most taxis will cost about 1600 to 2000 baht round trip, whether there's 1 person in the car or 4.

Last March a mate of mine went to Pattaya for golf by himself and hooked up with Lewinskys Bar in Soi 13/3 (check this, maybe 13/2)

He played every day with good numbers in attendance, the bar will store your clubs and I believe you can even stay there with basic accommodation. I think my mate said they left Pattaya around 10.30AM, so starting golf about midday.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Yeah, expensive to go out on your own....most taxis will cost about 1600 to 2000 baht round trip, whether there's 1 person in the car or 4.
Last March a mate of mine went to Pattaya for golf by himself and hooked up with Lewinskys Bar in Soi 13/3 (check this, maybe 13/2)
He played every day with good numbers in attendance, the bar will store your clubs and I believe you can even stay there with basic accommodation. I think my mate said they left Pattaya around 10.30AM, so starting golf about midday.
I will try Lewiinski next time I think. Their FB page shows March rates for the Siam courses at only 3700, never been less than 5000 when I have played before. Reasonably early starts (I like) so have the rest of the day for playtime.

Sent from my SM-T719 using Tapatalk

I arrive June 5 and am staying in soi Honey. As Retox is on that soi thought I might golf with them, can’t find their schedule. Anyone got a link?

I arrive June 5 and am staying in soi Honey. As Retox is on that soi thought I might golf with them, can’t find their schedule. Anyone got a link?
Here you go LW. http://retoxgameon.com/contact/

Their website has a page for golf, but nothing on it. Suggest easier to contact them direct?

10 minutes ago, Maninmanama said:

Here you go LW. http://retoxgameon.com/contact/

Their website has a page for golf, but nothing on it. Suggest easier to contact them direct?

Thanks mate appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Can I take this opportunity to thank the guys who organize the golf out of Retox Game-On. I was privileged to play with them earlier this week and everything (apart from the quality of my golf :Dance1:)  was brilliant. Nice friendly bunch of guys. Thanks again lads.

Archived