IGNORED

Buying EURO or US Dollars for AUD

talung66

I am wanting to buy about 2 k of each  Euro and $US dollars for $ AUD currency. I will be in Pattaya on the 14th of June for 18 nights.as i am of to Prague/Budapest and Croatia and the US is OK value ATM.

Keeping  it simple  i will just cut out the middle man and go with the market rate on the day and round up in you favor.

AS in photo for google market rate today so for 1 k   Euro i will give you $1595 in AUD  and $1290 in AUD for US Dollars.

P.S. I have a Bank note tester (currency pen). 

euro.PNG

US.PNG

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

that will never work , 

go to a currency exchange and exchange currency 1 for thai baht and then convert to currency 2 . job done ! 

54 minutes ago, Guiness said:

that will never work , 

go to a currency exchange and exchange currency 1 for thai baht and then convert to currency 2 . job done ! 

Also likely to be some fluctuations between now and then.

1 hour ago, Guiness said:

go to a currency exchange and exchange currency - 1) for thai baht and then convert to currency 2 . job done ! 

But is there not the possibility you may incur two lots of exchange costs instead of one charge?

https://www.thecurrencyshop.com.au  may be worth searching to check rates and to compare the bottom line.

http://www.xe.com/currency/aud-australian-dollar is another handy source.

Bank Gold in Soi Rungland off Pattaya Tai.

This is a moneychanger (not a bank) that does large volumes in multiple currencies. They should be able to fix you up with what you need at good rates and no need to change to Thai Baht first

i look at the rates everyday. watched the AUD go from a peak of 26.00 in October?  to where it is now 24.10 
Hoping for a flat 25 to 1 come June. 

unless you manage to find somebody in thailand who has euro or us dollars and is planning an imminent trip to australia i can see no benefit to them

3 hours ago, Guiness said:

that will never work , 

This post it to benefit me and a AUD buyer only yes it most probably wont happen but i am only asking and hate paying over the odd. especially here in OZ the spread it higher than Thailand. Hopefully at a larger exchange booth like the TT  on second road near Pattaya tai will do it straight from euro to AUD and the spread will be lower

3 hours ago, Crushed said:

Also likely to be some fluctuations between now and then.

Yes exactly as i said i will go with the market rate on the day for exchange the pic is just a guide.

2 hours ago, Goolabert said:

Bank Gold in Soi Rungland off Pattaya Tai.

This is a moneychanger (not a bank) that does large volumes in multiple currencies. They should be able to fix you up with what you need at good rates and no need to change to Thai Baht first

Cheers ill give it look 

Most probably end uptaking the AUD to Europe and change as i need it

55 minutes ago, striderman said:

unless you manage to find somebody in thailand who has euro or us dollars and is planning an imminent trip to australia i can see no benefit to them

yes exactly  you never know some one here might be doing that 

And that will be a benefit to both of us

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

The best way to exchange major currencies (ie not Thai baht unfortunately) retail is www.currencyfair.com , because you can set your own rate to in effect deal on the other side of the spread.  A € or US$ bank account would be required to receive those currencies after the trade. 

I've recently been trading some Can$ for € and it works a treat, though the only disadvantage I can see is that your counterparties on that website are only other customers of the website, not the wider market, so liquidity is not great and sometimes you have to wait a while to deal on the other side of the spread.

The Thai baht currency is not included within those handled by currencyfair, so that website is useless to those wanting exchanges including baht.

Archived