i_love_3somes

which sim for a few days with 4g??

i_love_3somes

hey guys will be in bkk and pattaya  next week for 10 days and was thinking if taking a sim . mostly AIS OR DTAC.

my needs are 4g for video calling , line etc

and some local calls

which one do u advise?

i used to take jhe 49 b  sims and then top it up

but dont remember if they were good enough for video calling

KittenKong

If 4Mbs is enough for your needs (and it probably is) then True do a 7-day unlimited 4G package for about 165B, or monthly for about 500B. I get it as an add-on when travelling around Thailand, including for video streaming, and find it very satisfactory. I dont need it when at home in Jomtien of course. Other providers do something similar but I've not tried them.

You can put that True package onto any of their SIMs as far as I know and that should include the ones they sometimes hand out at the airport.

Just top-up enough to cover the cost and dial the code shown in this link:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/promotion&activity_en.html

Other links on that page show other packages that offer higher bandwidth but limited data allowance.

Calls cost 1B/minute, I think. I never make any so I dont really care about that part of it.

i_love_3somes
On 4/18/2018 at 05:58, KittenKong said:

If 4Mbs is enough for your needs (and it probably is) then True do a 7-day unlimited 4G package for about 165B, or monthly for about 500B. I get it as an add-on when travelling around Thailand, including for video streaming, and find it very satisfactory. I dont need it when at home in Jomtien of course. Other providers do something similar but I've not tried them.

You can put that True package onto any of their SIMs as far as I know and that should include the ones they sometimes hand out at the airport.

Just top-up enough to cover the cost and dial the code shown in this link:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/promotion&activity_en.html

Other links on that page show other packages that offer higher bandwidth but limited data allowance.

Calls cost 1B/minute, I think. I never make any so I dont really care about that part of it.

thank you

Sumieet
On 19/4/2018 at 13:06, i_love_3somes said:

thank you

Is it worth buying a sim especially for video calling back home .. the WiFi at hotel should do the trick .. also do the bars at Soi 6 have WiFi good enough ? 

And lastly do u advise to get a sim eventually ?

i_love_3somes

yes a  sim is  handy where wifi is not there, specailly places like discos (unless u are in vip)

and u want to add a fb or line id of a tg:D