navidnavid

Penang Malaysia

navidnavid

Anyone got any tips ? I’m there for visa one week soon.

hot spots? 

Good value massage places? 

Tripp

Can't speak for the massage places, or hot spots, but the island itself is beautiful and well worth a visit. I actually considered living there at one time, as the visa limits/restrictions are very favourable to expats. Food is fantastic.  Don't know about the MGs/bar scene as I was with my TGF at the time of my last visit.

oldie
20 minutes ago, Tripp said:

Can't speak for the massage places, or hot spots, but the island itself is beautiful and well worth a visit. I actually considered living there at one time, as the visa limits/restrictions are very favourable to expats. Food is fantastic.  Don't know about the MGs/bar scene as I was with my TGF at the time of my last visit.

I vaguely recall Malaysia being ranked second-best place for expat retirement.

Tripp
3 hours ago, oldie said:

I vaguely recall Malaysia being ranked second-best place for Expat retirement.

They are trying to make expats feel welcome and make it attractive for retirement ( a pleasant change from LOS !) .  You can actually own your own home and assets and transfer money in and out without stupidly low liimts.  Gettionga visa is also much simpler.  I am/ was very tempted. 

Pinoydave
2 hours ago, Tripp said:

They are trying to make expats feel welcome and make it attractive for retirement ( a pleasant change from LOS !) .  You can actually own your own home and assets and transfer money in and out without stupidly low liimts.  Gettionga visa is also much simpler.  I am/ was very tempted. 

But it is still a Muslim country..... everything can change in a matter of months.....

Egypt was a wonderful country for 30, 40 or more years.... people bought property based on past experiences...... now those properties have been empty for over 5 years with no prospect of living in them again 

SteveX08

Malaysia is getting expensive.  Traffic in Penang (island and mainland side) and KL is crap. KL traffic is worse than Bangkok imo, but English is widely spoken and the local food rocks.  Alcohol is expensive because it’s a Muslim country.  

Mongeringwise try ‘health spas and non-descript massage places’.        (In my best Yoda voice)  “A Soi 6 you shall find not , a go-go shall only be in your mind - embrace the truth and only then will you find contentment”

Mayor G
On 4/10/2018 at 18:10, Pinoydave said:

But it is still a Muslim country..... everything can change in a matter of months.....

Egypt was a wonderful country for 30, 40 or more years.... people bought property based on past experiences...... now those properties have been empty for over 5 years with no prospect of living in them again 

I’m sorry but that’s completely untrue. Yes, politics in the country has a long way to go & the economy can always do better.. but there is nowhere in the country where anyone is oppressed. Unfair comparison to the situation in Egypt or anywhere in the neighboring Middle East imho. 

As for mongering.. pretty much every massage place offers happy endings. Else, easiest way for foreigners is to hit up Wechat. It isn’t much of a scene (seeing that the Thai border is 2hours drive away) but you can get your rocks off.