Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Why are so many Northerners from England prejudice

juice777

WHy do you give other people permission to make you angry? That's what you are doing. So some northern monkey takes a moment out from reminiscing about the times when there were jobs ooop north and they were allowed to fiddle with their whippets without fear of prosecution, and calls you a southern poof. Why should you care? You can't change them or stop them saying anything but you can stop it irritating you. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just do as I do never engage with a Northerner they are much too common for me to assoicate with:rolleyes:

Or just turn round to them and say "My family own 28.45% of Northumberland. What do you mean Southerner?" :D

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

Yoy are right but I can't stand racism or Prejudice in any form

And I do take offense to it.

That's not prejudice it's called humour. It's tribal based, every country has it and in the vast majority of cases its light-hearted banter. Us Lancastrians have a feud going on with the tightwads over the other side of the Pennine hills for several hundred years, but we have a laugh about it.

If you want to get serious about yes there is a major political divide in the UK between the substantial wealth based in the south and that the north has suffered massively as traditonal industries were allowed to die or forced out in the case of the miners. 

This has led to major material difference in living standards and the general feeling that having provided the labour for the wealth of the UK for the last couple hundred years, the north has now been discarded by the powerbase in the south. But in Pattaya, those discussions don't happen, it's much more about you being a soft southern snowflake compared to the no nonsense hard men of the north ;)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

In my county, if you're from South of the Mersey or East of the Pennines, you're a foreigner. And don't get me going on the Cumbrian woolybacks. Everyone is tribal, to a greater or lesser extent but hopefully, it's just banter. Just suck it up and give back as good as you get and you might find that you make some friends for life.

In my county, if you're from South of the Mersey or East of the Pennines, you're a foreigner. And don't get me going on the Cumbrian woolybacks. Everyone is tribal, to a greater or lesser extent but hopefully, it's just banter. Just suck it up and give back as good as you get and you might find that you make some friends for life.
I really dont mind friendly Banter it's not what I am talking about.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

Do you think that they were trying to pick a fight with you or just having fun with you?

Do you think that they were trying to pick a fight with you or just having fun with you?
Neither probley I think in his opinion its totally acceptable thing 2 do

Neither probley I think in his opinion its totally acceptable thing 2 do

To put some context into this could you mention exactly what he said that seems to have got your back up because so far you’ve been very none specific ?

Died the fact you think he is the Bar owner have any significance?

To put some context into this could you mention exactly what he said that seems to have got your back up because so far you’ve been very none specific ?
Died the fact you think he is the Bar owner have any significance?
He Turned around to Member of staff and said something like "we ant form the same place I can't even understand his fucking langue"

But its definitely wasn't friendly banter.

I have had the same sort of things said a few times over a years usually when a Thai points out that we both from the UK.And the Northern person is a bit to happy to say ww are not the same meaning the north-south Divide.

But last night the guy really seemed to say it with malice.

Sounds like it was just a bit of the usual brash northern humuor probably not a lot of malice in it unless something provoked him in the first place because not something someone would just say out of the blue.

Sounds like it was just a bit of the usual brash northern humuor probably not a lot of malice in it unless something provoked him in the first place because not something someone would just say out of the blue.
Usually I would say your right but not last night maybe the guy is just a Asshole when he is pissed.

I alway remember as a lad, " civilisation starts at Watford gap " as a northern lad the first time down your end I expected something different.

Its no different, for fucks sake  get a life, life's too short to hate half of the country , me couldn't care a fuck where you are from treat me well and  I will treat you better on the other hand treat me bad look out.

Now sat in airport Lounge on way to LOS promise to be nice to all southerners.

11 minutes ago, Moonpig said:

I alway remember as a lad, " civilisation starts at Watford gap " as a northern lad the first time down your end I expected something different.

Its no different, for fucks sake  get a life, life's too short to hate half of the country , me couldn't care a fuck where you are from treat me well and  I will treat you better on the other hand treat me bad look out.

Now sat in airport Lounge on way to LOS promise to be nice to all southerners.

I hope you’re not packing your plastic water gun they are banned you know and you might not get through the security at BKK.

I never kept score but it always seemed to me that all you UK dudes (scots, irish, welsh, north and south) have a go at each other on a regular basis.  And heck, as a yank I've never felt outside of having a piss take at me.  Thought it was your normal culture banter.  

Now, I will say those Geordies could use a little help in the spoken english department.......:P

2 hours ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

Just do as I do never engage with a Northerner they are much too common for me to assoicate with:rolleyes:

Southerners and their man bags lol. Whats inside? ........a prawn sandwich :P

19 minutes ago, Czmate said:

I hope you’re not packing your plastic water gun they are banned you know and you might not get through the security at BKK.

Yes I am have small water gun strange you should say that, will keep you informed on customs checks. It's for  Colonic irrigation should cause a smile.

Southerners and their man bags lol. Whats inside? ........a prawn sandwich [emoji14]
Well at least it Grvey to put On our Chicken fried Rice.

In BREAKING NEWS:

The Night Wish Group has announced that it will be establishing "Safe Areas" in all NWG bars as soon as possible after Songkran.  Admission thereto will be restricted to those born south of the Trent.

Further, any customers carrying a concealed ferret or wearing a flat cap will be barred from all NWG establishments.  Customers wearing knotted hankies on their heads will be required to pronounce "grass", "castle", "laugh" to the satisfaction of the relevant bar manager to gain admission.

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

You still haven't said what they're saying? Edit- spotted it!

I'm from liverpool - can you imagine how hilarious all the nicked alloy wheel jokes are? People have no qualms about throwing that witty banter (:rolleyes:) at me. I can hold my own though, if someone wants to go all comedy at me.

Well at least it Grvey to put On our Chicken fried Rice.

Sorry Northern lad in airport lounge with man bag, very useful. But it is in camo material 

In BREAKING NEWS:
The NIght Wish Group has announced that it will be establishing "Safe Areas" in all NWG bars as soon as possible after Songkran.  Admission thereto will be restricted to those born south of the Trent.
Further, any customers carrying a concealed ferret or wearing a flat cap will be barred from all NWG establishments.  Customers wearing knotted hankies on their heads will be required to pronounce "grass", "castle", "laugh" to the satisfaction of the relevant bar manager to gain admission.
That reminds me I quite like those new Trendy flat caps I've seen people warring anyone know where I can get 1 in Pattaya?

Archived