Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Why are so many Northerners from England prejudice

juice777

Okay first of all my deepest apologies if you are from the north of England and you are not prejudiced against Southerners.

Over the last 20 years or so since I've been coming to Thailand I've noticed especially in Pattaya that there is a certain acceptability by people from the North to be prejudice against people from the South. I've lost count of the number of times a person from the north of England has decided its acceptable to verbally have a dig at me from not being from the same place as them. I have never once witnessed it the other way around in Thailand.

So why do you think its acceptable if it's you?

I suspect you wouldn't have a pop a black person to their face or a Pakistani Etc so why is ok to have a pop at a Southerner.

It's usually Just pointing out to a non-British citizen we not the same in their opinion. Which is totally unacceptable in my opinion in this day and age.

I have pulled them about this many times and to be fair they always apologize but that's not the point.

They come all the Way to Pattaya and bring that shit with them.Better to just stay at home if you think its necessary to point it out.

I swear one of these days I'm going to do something that I haven't done for 25 years and punch someone in the face next time I get shit form a Northerner who doesn't even know me.

So why do you do it if it's you?

Is there really a North and south Divide when I was young I would have said no. but after coming to Thailand for 20 years, unfortunately, it seems like I'm wrong but I it's mostly fueled by northerners with a chip on their shoulder.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not life threatening, so why change it into a life threatening situation?

Sometimes people are at a loss for something to say, so just come up with old chestnuts. Better to pity them, than to lower yourself to violence.

Save that nonsense for when someone threatens your family. Until then, keep it light hearted..

It's not life threatening, so why change it into a life threatening situation?
Sometimes people are at a loss for something to say, so just come up with old chestnuts. Better to pity them, than to lower yourself to violence.
Save that nonsense for when someone threatens your family. Until then, keep it light hearted..
Yoy are right but I can't stand racism or Prejudice in any form so I don't see why I should take abuse.It's not lighthearted most the time in my opinion and last night it was said with a certain malice and I'm nearly lost my rag.

And I do take offense to it.

Generally when people from the north of England speak I can't understand what the fook they are saying. So they might be insulting me for all I know. 

My parents moved from the "north" due to economic decline in the 70s, along with many others, and I always heard this idea that people are more friendlier in the north. I often wondered why those aloof southerners didn't just tell them to fuck off though.

I think it's just a curio of the British character and history. Strong regional county loyalties. Often the first fallback for a conversations.

Call it hate, call it banter.

Yorkshire vs Lancashire
Geordie vs mackems
Men from Norwich fuck their sisters.
Inbreds from Portland have 6 fingers.
Devon vs Cornwall, some utter hatred over toppings of a sodding scone.

The deprived north sees londoners as rich. The cockney wanker spiv avoiding wartime national service,
into TV folklore of Arthur Daley, Del boy vs salt of the earth coronation Street vs eastenders are miserable fuckers.

Northerns eat pie and chips, they beat their wives sang West ham fans.

Don't even mention sectarian abuse between rangers and celtic. Scots get offended if you gently refer to them as a sweaty.
And the Welsh. Many hate the English, some burn down holiday homes. The English make baa noises.

Politics: deprived thieving scousers vs the establishment.
No blacks, no Irish 1950/60/70s racism
Grenfell was all the fault of the tories right?

The country is divided.
Ask those northerners why they left the north, the Midlands etc...well white flight.

Division and "banter" is now on racial lines. I have nothing in common with London. I wouldn't visit Bradford. I avoid sitting next to a "British" middle eastern looking person with a beard on a tube in case they blow me up.

So should it annoy you?
Possibly.
I would just mock their accent, tell them what a shithole immigrants have made of whatever county they hail from ( that will wind them up), have a beer and plan your next Soi 6 ST.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you consider yourself as being from the South of England but again what is the definition of a Northener and Southerner ?

However don’t forget us Midlanders we’re prejudiced against from both ends of the country to the point that we don’t even get mentioned how ignorant is that?

Lets not get started on how the Welsh,Irish,Cornish and the Jocks feel about prejudices!

What type of things do they say to you?
It's always pointing out to a non-British citizen that we're not the same with a condescending tone.

Usually, I don't worry about it but last night someone really took it upon their self to point it out.And I think the guy was the owner of the bar.

My parents moved from the "north" due to economic decline in the 70s, along with many others, and I always heard this idea that people are more friendlier in the north. I often wondered why those aloof southerners didn't just tell them to fuck off though.

I think it's just a curio of the British character and history. Strong regional county loyalties. Often the first fallback for a conversations.

Call it hate, call it banter.

Yorkshire vs Lancashire
Geordie vs mackems
Men from Norwich fuck their sisters.
Inbreds from Portland have 6 fingers.
Devon vs Cornwall, some utter hatred over toppings of a sodding scone.

The deprived north sees londoners as rich. The cockney wanker spiv avoiding wartime national service,
into TV folklore of Arthur Daley, Del boy vs salt of the earth coronation Street vs eastenders are miserable fuckers.

Northerns eat pie and chips, they beat their wives sang West ham fans.

Don't even mention sectarian abuse between rangers and celtic. Scots get offended if you gently refer to them as a sweaty.
And the Welsh. Many hate the English, some burn down holiday homes. The English make baa noises.

Politics: deprived thieving scousers vs the establishment.
No blacks, no Irish 1950/60/70s racism
Grenfell was all the fault of the tories right?

The country is divided.
Ask those northerners why they left the north, the Midlands etc...well white flight.

Division and "banter" is now on racial lines. I have nothing in common with London. I wouldn't visit Bradford. I avoid sitting next to a "British" middle eastern looking person with a beard on a tube in case they blow me up.

So should it annoy you?
Possibly.
I would just mock their accent, tell them what a shithole immigrants have made of whatever county they hail from ( that will wind them up), have a beer and plan your next soi 6 ST.

Great post

"Northerns eat pie and chips, they beat their wives sang West ham fans."

I've sang that myself at West Ham I must Amit when I was teenager lol.

What do you mean not the same ?
I don't know they like to sort of suggest is so different we might as well be French and German.

Sorry double post

Ah great, a hammer to ask.
A West ham lad at college used to sing it, 25 years has dulled mymemory. I am never sure if I got it right?

Sung in a mocking northern accent"

"ooh, I go down pub
I drink ten pints
I get really plastered.
I go back home, I beat my wife
'cos I'm a northern bastard"!!

Was there a second verse?

30 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Yoy are right but I can't stand racism or Prejudice in any form so I don't see why I should take abuse.It's not lighthearted most the time in my opinion and last night it was said with a certain malice and I'm nearly lost my rag.

And I do take offense to it.

Thailand is a racist country though .

go down pub
Have ten pints
I get really plastered.
go back home, and beat the wife
'cos I'm a northern bastard

I think

No second verse

In day to day I have to be honest I never experienced anything more than a bit of banter nothing to get worked up about.

if you was to relate more towards north and south Football teams it does get a bit nasty sometimes because that is more tribal.I do hate Gooners and Yids due to their perception that they have a god given right to think they are owed something even though in modern times they’ve won F’all.

Thailand is a racist country though .
I think the whole world is now mate

Just now, juice777 said:

I think the whole world is now mate

Sadly it does seem like it .

In day to day I have to be honest I never experienced anything more than a bit of banter nothing to get worked up about.
if you was to relate more towards north and south Football teams it does get a bit nasty sometimes because that is more tribal.I do hate Gooners and Yids due to their perception that they have a god given right to think they are owed something even though in modern times they’ve won F’all.
I stopped going when I was 15 because to much Hatred.

13 minutes ago, juice777 said:

It's always pointing out to a non-British citizen that we're not the same with a condescending tone.

Usually, I don't worry about it but last night someone really took it upon their self to point it out.And I think the guy was the owner of the bar.

Just smile, as if to imply that you are different, you are better. :) But don't take it seriously. It's like brother teasing brother. 

Don't be the idiot that starts a fight over it.

I would have a stock phrase to retort.

"oh, you're from" insert somewhere in the north"?

"isis fucking stronghold that mate, no wonder you fucked off to pattaya"

Just smile, as if to imply that you are different, you are better. [emoji4] But don't take it seriously. It's like brother teasing brother. 
Don't be the idiot that starts a fight over it.

I am the biggestt piss taker in the world and I definitely don't mind getting it backn,But I really think they mean it.

2 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I am the biggestt piss taker in the world and I definitely don't mind getting it backn,But I really think they mean it.

So what? Then he is the arsehole, not you. You hit him and then you are both arseholes.

So what? Then he is the arsehole, not you. You hit him and then you are both arseholes.
I probley never would do it.

Ah great, a hammer to ask.
A West ham lad at college used to sing it, 25 years has dulled mymemory. I am never sure if I got it right?

Sung in a mocking northern accent"

"ooh, I go down pub
I drink ten pints
I get really plastered.
I go back home, I beat my wife
'cos I'm a northern bastard"!!

Was there a second verse?

It's in the end if this

I will just post this and forgive you all.

Archived