Garzan

Acqua Hotel "Big Room" Executive Deluxe

neilri2001

With luck you might be able to get the executive room at a better rate in quieter periods as the standard rooms have been as low as 1600 at times. At 2000 it would probably be my first choice but its the wrong side of second Rd for 2600.

Thanks for the review by the way

Edited by neilri2001

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Quality review Mr G, first class, you have absolutely nailed it. Glad you metion the breakfasts...simply outstanding.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

Stefano88

Great review! So much so that I will stay there on my next trip.

chirockr

Great review! Worth a look most definitley. Thanks for the heads up.

sadisfied

Wow, what a super review! The room looks great and I'm always looking for a quiet place.

How many floors does the hotel have and on which floor was your room?

Garzan
3 hours ago, sadisfied said:

Wow, what a super review! The room looks great and I'm always looking for a quiet place.

How many floors does the hotel have and on which floor was your room?

I'm American, so the ground floor and first floor are the same for me*. Floors 2-6 are guest rooms. Floor 7 is the rooftop. The room I stayed on is on floor 5.

*It always takes me a minute or so when an English friend talks about the first floor verses the ground floor. :-)

Fufu308

great review, especially the 360 photos as the hotel 'stock' photos i find can be a little misleading.  You have definately provided me with some food for thought.

Ek77fl

Thanks for the great review and info!! 

peleblanco

Hi

Great review. It seems to be a great hotel with good services. 

One further question: wifi and ethernet available in your room? only wifi? @Garzan just wrote that speed is good, but enough to work remotely?

About the room, you reserved an executive deluxe, but there are only 5 available in the hotel. How did you reserve it? It says that in oct there is no executive deluxe left... Is it possible?

Thanks

Garzan

There was only wifi that I saw, but to be honest, I was not looking for an ethernet cable. The East Building says on signage that it has an Internet Café, perhaps there are ethernet outlets there. 

If rooms don't show up on booking agent sites, I'd go directly to the hotel webpage. I think the most sure route would be to send an email directly to the hotel and ask about the dates you are looking for.

And with only five rooms, yes, it's certainly possible that at some point during your planned stay, they had no E.Deluxe available, which would cause them to say the entire trip was unavailable. Best to ask directly. Good luck!

Expediter

Thank you so much for the review.  I was looking for something a bit nicer than areca in the same area.  Main issue was the showers in areca and the lack of a standing shower.   Seeing this room clicks all the boxes and the hotel seems very modern and now I'm really thinking areca is dated.    So happy for this review thank you so much.    For the review. 

peleblanco

Thanks for the reply! Surely I will ask directly to the hotel for executive rooms available.

Thx!!!

railroadme

Great review thanks - I am guessing it goes without saying, but guest friendly and no issues?

Garzan
8 hours ago, railroadme said:

Great review thanks - I am guessing it goes without saying, but guest friendly and no issues?

I can't really think of anywhere that isn't. :-) I did not test having multiple guests at the same time, but for single guests there were zero issues. If you're not waiting in the lobby for your guest, they will call up and pre-approve your guest getting into the elevator/lift. When your guest leaves, if you don't walk them to the lobby, they will call up to the room to verify everything is alright before releasing your guest's ID. 

j_d66

Stayed here for 5 nights the end of April beginning of May.

Very impressed with the place and little to no complaints

I was in their smallest rooms and while there is not alot of free space I did not find them to cramped for my tastes.

The brown chair pictured above is also in the small rooms and it really is to big for the space

Great walk in shower

The bed was super soft and comfortable which is probably the most important part of a room for me.

You get the standard 2 bottles of water daily but they also give you a can of coke and a can of sprite, OJ and soda water daily as well for free.

Wifi worked great for me and was probably the best of any hotel i have stayed at in Pattaya

The staff was super friendly and courteous and the breakfast buffet was above average.

I was in the front building on the 5th floor facing honey massage and did not notice any noise at all

Since it is on the dead end side of soi 10/1 there is very little traffic

I would stay here again for sure as long as pricing remains reasonable

Thaifix

Thanks Garzan for a great review. I can't say i was even aware of Acqua but will put it on the consideration list now.

wildhorse

Speed test at Aqua in the Executive room was 142 Mbps. Probably the fastest that I’ve ever seen, even back in my home country. Stayed for 14 days, rate was 2210 per day. Very nice place.

wildhorse

Just some comments about their rooftop pool.

Just a bit of a rant I guess.

It seems to me that a lot of pools at Thailand hotels always seem to have either a black or dark border around the pool itself. I’m sure many a person has gotten their feet burnt walking to the pool or arms burnt climbing out.

Myself, I bought pool shoes years back because of a pool that had sharp gravel around the perimeter of their pool. I just wonder if there is such little thought that goes into planning, how structurally sound these pools are? At times I wonder if the pool walls will give way and someone will be swept off a building.

im not sure what their building codes are for the pool areas, but at this one, the unshaded sitting area can only be got to by either going through a jetted tub area and then down a hot aluminum ladder or walk along some tile 10” wide, being careful not to fall 10’ below onto concrete stairs.

Even the stairs to climb out of the pool seem like a hazard. The pool is 4 to 5 ft. deep and they put  2 stairs spaced about 4” apart , the first step being over 3 ft up. I can see a larger person climbing out and the stairs giving away causing significant injury.

sorry for the rant, it just seems weird, this being a new hotel and all. Back in Canada, this pool would have never passed inspection and would not be open.

It is a nice hotel though, just be a little weary of the rooftop area.

LOTTELLEE WINNA
4 hours ago, wildhorse said:

Just some comments about their rooftop pool.

Just a bit of a rant I guess.

It seems to me that a lot of pools at Thailand hotels always seem to have either a black or dark border around the pool itself. I’m sure many a person has gotten their feet burnt walking to the pool or arms burnt climbing out.

Myself, I bought pool shoes years back because of a pool that had sharp gravel around the perimeter of their pool. I just wonder if there is such little thought that goes into planning, how structurally sound these pools are? At times I wonder if the pool walls will give way and someone will be swept off a building.

im not sure what their building codes are for the pool areas, but at this one, the unshaded sitting area can only be got to by either going through a jetted tub area and then down a hot aluminum ladder or walk along some tile 10” wide, being careful not to fall 10’ below onto concrete stairs.

Even the stairs to climb out of the pool seem like a hazard. The pool is 4 to 5 ft. deep and they put  2 stairs spaced about 4” apart , the first step being over 3 ft up. I can see a larger person climbing out and the stairs giving away causing significant injury.

sorry for the rant, it just seems weird, this being a new hotel and all. Back in Canada, this pool would have never passed inspection and would not be open.

It is a nice hotel though, just be a little weary of the rooftop area.

Have you been to the bar area on the adjoining part of the Acqua hotel? Wowww, I went up to this very chic and trendily/dimly lit bar area for the first time one evening. Guess what,  I almost walked straight into this (switched off) fountain/water area...the waiter pulled me back. He said, 'happen all the time'...WTF?

wildhorse
2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Have you been to the bar area on the adjoining part of the Acqua Hotel? Wowww, I went up to this very chic and trendily/dimly lit bar area for the first time one evening. Guess what,  I almost walked straight into this (switched off) fountain/water area...the waiter pulled me back. He said, 'happen all the time'...WTF?

I assume you’re talking about the bar on The Roof of the second building. No I never did go there but I’m sure there are a few hazards over on that roof as well. Almost seems like The Roof areas were an afterthought and thrown together haphazardly.

On 02/04/2018 at 21:10, Garzan said:

the Executive Deluxe room 'spacious'.

I'm on hotels.com - it seems to only list the Superior Room as booking options.

I'm thinking of just booking the Superior Room, but with a Special Request for the Executive Deluxe, or upgrading with cash once there.

j_d66
4 hours ago, 6853395 said:

I'm on hotels.com - it seems to only list the Superior Room as booking options.

I'm thinking of just booking the Superior Room, but with a Special Request for the Executive Deluxe, or upgrading with cash once there.

You might want to check on their website directly as well.

They have a pretty good promotion going on right now that might work out better than hotels.com depending on when you are staying