yorkshireman

Resident Certificate

yorkshireman

Does Jomtien still do the resident Certificates ?  i have sold my car and need to transfer book to a THAI WHO LIVES IN BANGKOK. The car was bought new in Pattaya . And do you need one if you have yellow house book ? Last time i did my 90 day  i dident see the area where the certificates were processed. Any info appreciated  .pete.

KittenKong

Yes, they do residence certificates at the bottom right end of the main room.  They are supposedly free and take a week or two but they usually try to scam you out of 300B for a fast-track same day service, for which you will never get a receipt.

The yellow book is not accepted as proof of residence for foreigners by the Pattaya land transportation office, though I didnt know that you needed proof of residence at all to sell a vehicle. I have no idea how it works if you are selling to someone in another province.

JAI DEE MAK

Yes you need a proof of residence letter. it is annotated for selling or buying a vehicle.

JDM

TigerWoods

I need a certificate of residency but I will enter the country with the 30 day visa stamped in passport on arrival - is that possible or do I need at least a 60 day visa ?

Jarrod2518
4 minutes ago, TigerWoods said:

I will enter the country with the 30 day visa stamped in passport on arrival

This is not a residential visa - it is visa exempt for up to a stay for a period not exceeding 30days. There is no provision for extension beyond the 30days. It is only available to citizens of specified countries. At present as Yorkshire is still within the UK you are covered , However, post Brexit the demands for an independent Yorkshire Republic may prevail. I know it is a crazy idea - but so is Brexit!! 

Ru4Real

And that answers his question how?

People have gotten a resident certificate in the past on a visa exempt; does anyone know if still possible given the recent "crackdowns"?

davidge

Should be no problem getting one via an agent, if you don’t mind paying the extra. I wouldn’t use them for visas but for other paperwork, in certain circumstances, I would. Last time I asked at Visa to Britain next door to Immigration it was 1000 baht.*

It’s been a bit hit and miss getting one from Immigration, from what I hear. 

*Edit: should have said, this was with no visa just a 30-day visa exempt stamp.

Scuba+

Can give it ago at immigration for 300 baht. If that fails head to mannerat on 13/2 and they will do it for 500

TigerWoods

Okay thanks  I will give it a try otherwise use an agent 

TigerWoods

I just realized that I still have a copy from a Resident Certificate I made 26 th of Novemer which I used for a driver license, would the  copy of that be enough to register a motorbike in my name or do I need a original ? 

Scuba+
I just realized that I still have a copy from a Resident Certificate I made 26 th of Novemer which I used for a driver license, would the  copy of that be enough to register a motorbike in my name or do I need a original ? 
i think i used a copy to register my new bike. Give it a go. Did you get the driving licence with a tourist visa?

TigerWoods

Okay will give it a try with the copy first, in November I was here with a 60 day Visa so Resident Certificate and Driver License was not a problem 

stubby

you will find your certificate expires after 30 days i'm afraid.