Jump to content
tomx2

Looking for Firestick or Fire TV box in Pattaya.

Recommended Posts

tomx2

Hi.

Will be in South Pattaya for 8 months. hotel near Central Dept Store.

Just wondering where can I purchase a FireStick or Fire TV box in Pattaya?

Read previous threads Firestick works ok there if you have a stable internet.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

TC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dickygozinya
1 hour ago, tomx2 said:

Hi.

Will be in South Pattaya for 8 months. Hotel near Central Dept Store.

Just wondering where can I purchase a FireStick or Fire TV box in Pattaya?

Read previous threads Firestick works ok there if you have a stable internet.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

TC.

I have two.    If you have Amazon Prime and NOT a VPN = you get the FOREIGN selection of Prime, very little.   If you have Prime    AND a FAST VPN - you will get the same programming as the USA, very worth it IMO.   

Also, the same formula above holds true for my Apple TV.

Lots of people here use a media box (android), and then either download the APK's or use KODI.   Google KODI and Android media box.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWuk

Message ""Footymadstreams"".

He has a good selection.

Thread here somewhere on the TV Boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolf Cat
24 minutes ago, WoWuk said:

Message ""Footymadstreams"".

He has a good selection.

Thread here somewhere on the TV Boxes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thinkingallowed
1 hour ago, dickygozinya said:

I have two.    If you have Amazon Prime and NOT a VPN = you get the FOREIGN selection of Prime, very little.   If you have Prime    AND a FAST VPN - you will get the same programming as the USA, very worth it IMO.   

Also, the same formula above holds true for my Apple TV.

Lots of people here use a media box (android), and then either download the APK's or use KODI.   Google KODI and Android media box.

Good luck!

A firestick can be loaded with kodi etc. Took me about an hour from opening up the packaging to Google how to do it and actually have it loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomx2

@WoWuk

Thanks.

My initial plan is:
purchase a Firestick or Fire Tv in Pattaya.
Load Gears TV subscription package for $15.00 per month.

I looked at FootMadstreams box he is advertising. Did not read all the 47 threads. He does have a plentiful of channels, but none of the USA channels I am looking for. Ex; METV, BET, GET TV, Bounce. Gears Tv has these streaming channels. I will however, post a message on his thread regarding the availability of these channels on his box.  If he has them I’ ll buy his box.

In the meantime, can you or anyone direct me to where a fire stick or Fire TV can be purchase in Pattaya.

@disckygozina

Thanks for the info. I’m not a Amazon Prime subscriber. Looking to install Gears Tv paid subscription package on a stick. My interest is in Live streaming TV. The VOD /TV shows, I can probably download. I am a noob at this (media android box) having an old analog TV box in New York (which I plan to upgrade when i return). 

(Q) Do I need to use a VPN  service to watch Gears TV live channels in Thailand.

@thinkingalloded.

If I go the Firestick route, i'll probably load Kodi on the stick. Do you get  excessive buffering using the Kodi box?  

TC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolf Cat
4 hours ago, tomx2 said:

My initial plan is:

purchase a Firestick or Fire Tv in Pattaya.
 

Try Tuk Com 3rd &4th floor or Harbor Mall 4th floor, or you can order them online from Lazada and have it shipped in a few days.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-streaming-media-players/?spm=a2o4m.pdp.breadcrumb.4.662bc85aOvzc0x

Edited by Wolf Cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dickygozinya
5 hours ago, tomx2 said:

@dickygozina

Thanks for the info. I’m not a Amazon Prime subscriber. Looking to install Gears Tv paid subscription package on a stick. My interest is in Live streaming TV. The VOD /TV shows, I can probably download. I am a noob at this (media android box) having an old analog TV box in New York (which I plan to upgrade when i return). 

(Q) Do I need to use a VPN  service to watch Gears TV live channels in Thailand.

@thinkingalloded.

If I go the Firestick route, i'll probably load Kodi on the stick. Do you get  excessive buffering using the Kodi box?  

TC.

 

To get my USED Fire TV into Thailand without any duty, I did the following.   I had my buddy take the box and power cable, remote  alone, no amazon box or original packing just bubble wrap and put it in a small unmarked box.  Filled out the customs forms to say USED value $15.  I had it sent to my hotel front desk via ems.  Got it no problems, no duty.      - If you have any reliable friends in the USA, maybe they can order one and get it to you same way?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.