IGNORED

French language golf society

MauvesArmy213

Hello,

I'm planning to play golf on my next trip to Pattaya next month.

I've read many subject here and it seems the easiest way to play is to go to a golf society that will fix everything (transport, rent clubs...).

But i'm a beginner ( Handicap 29) and english is not my native language.  I think it will be easier for me to find people that speaks french to start.

Do you know golf society with french language players?

Thanks!

Most golf groups are multicultural and welcome golfers are all abilities. You could try the Links on Soi Buakhao where many nationalities play.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

Thanks a lot Irishstu.  

I think i''ll have to pay a visit to "The Links" :).

I've a look at the schedule while I'm at Pattaya.

Golf courses played by "The Links" while i'll be at Pattaya : Phoenix, Rayong Green Valley, Mountain Shadow, Pleasant Valley, Khao Kheow, Bangpra.

Which one's are the easiest to play? I hope to play 3 courses if i'm not too much distracted by other holes...

From reading your post, i am guessing your English skills are a lot better than average in Pattaya and you should have no problems regarding language.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2018 at 13:14, MauvesArmy213 said:

Thanks a lot Irishstu.  

I think i''ll have to pay a visit to "The Links" :).

I've a look at the schedule while I'm at Pattaya.

Golf courses played by "The Links" while i'll be at Pattaya : Phoenix, Rayong Green Valley, Mountain Shadow, Pleasant Valley, Khao Kheow, Bangpra.

Which one's are the easiest to play? I hope to play 3 courses if i'm not too much distracted by other holes...

Phoenix will be the easiest and most wide open.  Toughest will be Mountain Shadow and Khao Kheow and Bangpra if their sloping greens are running quick that day.  Just note that the Links as well as most groups play a competition and at your handicap you'll be on the high side.  Many in these groups will be concerned with pace of play and etiquette which sometimes not apparent to a newer golfer and/or higher handicapper. If you prefer non competition you can try Retox, Le Katai and/or Thaigerline. 

The Links has French guys play from time to time and a genuine handicap of 29 will be ok. Some guys have a higher handicap. Good mix of people there plus Phil the owner has just bought GC2, similar to trackman so can use that for free

Archived