IGNORED

Any Interest ?

meanzy

Not quite sure where to start with this but here goes.

I have spent many years back and forth in Thailand and was given an opportunity about two years ago to take on the rent of a newly built room. It was a shell and I put the place together . Air con , hot water additional electric sockets, basic kitchen bed Tv microvave fridge etc etc. Everything that was required to live there. It is a quiet little new build with probably 50/50 Thai English.

For me recently work has changed and I will no longer be spending the duration of time in Thailand as I once did.

The room is on the ground floor (they all are ) in a cul de sac style. No view but nice and quiet and In Phratumnak. Pattayas Beverley hills 555.

The rent is 3500 bht per month plus 200 bht for cable TV. If you pay a years rent in advance the cable TV is free.

I want to sell the room with its contents and pass the room to someone else. Everythng was bought new except for a big dresser / work unit (15000 ) from collinbourne auctions.

I guess I have spent 120,000 bht on kitting it out.

A great opportunity to live cheaply in Phratumnak.

I am in The Uk now but will be in Thailand next week.

These are the only picture I have at the moment.

I certainly will not be giving it away and with such cheap rent you will get your money back fairly quickly.

They will not allow you to sub let

Any serious interest can be shown via a PM

Exact measurements etc will have to wait until next week

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_000001 (11).JPG

DSC_0004_6.JPG

2 hours ago, meanzy said:

Not quite sure where to start with this but here goes.

I have spent many years back and forth in Thailand and was given an opportunity about two years ago to take on the rent of a newly built room. It was a shell and I put the place together . Air con , hot water additional electric sockets, basic kitchen bed Tv microvave fridge etc etc. Everything that was required to live there. It is a quiet little new build with probably 50/50 Thai English.

For me recently work has changed and I will no longer be spending the duration of time in Thailand as I once did.

The room is on the ground floor (they all are ) in a cul de sac style. No view but nice and quiet and In Phratumnak. Pattayas Beverley hills 555.

The rent is 3500 bht per month plus 200 bht for cable TV. If you pay a years rent in advance the cable TV is free.

I want to sell the room with its contents and pass the room to someone else. Everythng was bought new except for a big dresser / work unit (15000 ) from collinbourne auctions.

I guess I have spent 120,000 bht on kitting it out.

A great opportunity to live cheaply in Phratumnak.

I am in The Uk now but will be in Thailand next week.

These are the only picture I have at the moment.

I certainly will not be giving it away and with such cheap rent you will get your money back fairly quickly.

Any serious interest can be shown via a PM

Exact measurements etc will have to wait until next week

Am I missing something, you say you want to ‘sell’ the room. How can you contemplate this when it’s not yours to sell. As I understand it, you want to create some sort of secondary rental agreement; is the property owner aware of this?

I can only guess this is some sort of key money and/or sale of furnishings. 3500 baht sounds great, but I wouldn't pay a satang for either of above without a little more clarity. With all due respect to OP, it seems like this topic is still a work in progress.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

Yes. Apartments (as opposed to condos) cannot be sold to farangs so this can only be "key money", which is common enough when taking on bars etc. here.

Trouble is, there is no guarantee that the landlord will rent to the new tenant at that price or indeed at all, nor is there any guarantee of how long any new tenant would be able to stay there.

32 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Yes. Apartments (as opposed to condos) cannot be sold to farangs so this can only be "key money", which is common enough when taking on bars etc. here.

Trouble is, there is no guarantee that the landlord will rent to the new tenant at that price or indeed at all, nor is there any guarantee of how long any new tenant would be able to stay there.

He never mentioned any key money, to me it sounded more like taking over a lease for free if you buy the contents. But yes I agree with you that the landlord could raise the rent at anytime if someone new took over.

Ok, I will re phrase. I want to get some of the money back that I spent on buying things new for the room . Air con TV fridge etc etc. You can then become the new tenant direct with the owner.   If I wanted I could empty the room back to a shell and leave. Any clearer ? 

Everyone pays the same rent, thai and falang. They are basically only renting me the shell. Everything in there is bought by me and therefore is mine,

1 hour ago, meanzy said:

Ok, I will re phrase. I want to get some of the money back that I spent on buying things new for the room . Air con TV fridge etc etc. You can then become the new tenant direct with the owner.   If I wanted I could empty the room back to a shell and leave. Any clearer ? 

Any Clearer ? Just about !!!! ... do you mean , the new tenant pays you 3500 rent for things that  you owned , plus he/she will also have to pay rent for the room to the owner  . 

Before the 'confusion fest' gathers momentum

I think the OP needs to make crystal clear as to:

His price for his secondhand furniture/fittings

& confirmation as to owners absolute guarantee of continuity of current tenancy agreement in the new 'buyers' name

As people are left wondering whats being bought and whats being rented, and how they stand in the process considering the declaration that

7 hours ago, meanzy said:

Its quite simple isn't it, the op is renting the unfinished room and has spent money equipping it. I think anyone interested would need to agree rent with the actual owner plus make an offer to the op of the furnishings

Thank you Scuba.  As for the rent we are all paying the same. There are about twenty rooms all on the same development. The new tenant will be renting from the owner . I see no issue with the continuing rental price

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Its quite simple isn't it, the op is renting the unfinished room and has spent money equipping it. I think anyone interested would need to agree rent with the actual owner plus make an offer to the op of the furnishings

Thanks for adding some clarity. The purpose of the thread is that the OP wants to sell his furniture and fittings...understand now.

18 hours ago, meanzy said:

Yes its even got a roof

It was a reasonable question there are many rooms rented at this price range without any.

I don't think he was having a stab at you it was not shown in the photos and most would have shown it and the view (if any ).

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

OP - If you don’t get any interest in your proposition, you might want to think about either selling your stuff separately, or approaching your landlord to ask if he would care to purchase - the landlord could then rent it out the room at a higher rate.

Yes Lottellee. I'm in no tearing hurry and with the rent so cheap it is not a major con cern. The rent is paid until the end of July anyway. I arrive soon and will take some p]more pictures

On 3/26/2018 at 18:01, meanzy said:

Yes Lottellee. I'm in no tearing hurry and with the rent so cheap it is not a major con cern. The rent is paid until the end of July anyway. I arrive soon and will take some p]more pictures

in all the banter I think you may you missed the most important thing.

how much do you want for all your stuff:Oops1:

I have certainly no forgotten that bit..    As I first posted any potential interest would start by coming to see where the place is and what I am offering. If I were to mention any figure at this point it would be completely irrelevant because you wouldn't know what you are getting.

If indeed you are interested ( I doubt it ) feel free to PM me and arrange a beer and a viewing  

On 28/03/2018 at 08:02, meanzy said:

I have certainly no forgotten that bit..    As I first posted any potential interest would start by coming to see where the place is and what I am offering. If I were to mention any figure at this point it would be completely irrelevant because you wouldn't know what you are getting.

If indeed you are interested ( I doubt it ) feel free to PM me and arrange a beer and a viewing  

I won't be in town until 3rd June if you are still there and it's not rented I'd like to have a look.

Shaygate, I will not be here then but thanks for the interest

• 4 weeks later...

Archived