IGNORED

Nirun

Invicta

Low end "council" property at that sadly .......:GrinNod1:
So have you retired to Pattaya? Living in VT6? Unlimited funds?

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 hours ago, petermik said:

So have you retired to Pattaya? Living in VT6? Unlimited funds?

Been here five years,renting same place just off 3rd road during this period........I was brought up in a two up two down outside toilet terraced house in northern England....no silver spoon in my mouth.....if Nirun suits you who am I to argue....me..never :ThumbDown1:

• Like 1

Been here five years,renting same place just off 3rd road during this period........I was brought up in a two up two down outside toilet terraced house in northern England....no silver spoon in my mouth.....if Nirun suits you who am I to argue....me..never :ThumbDown1:
You sounded snobby but you've had a humble upbringing

1 hour ago, petermik said:

At the time my purchase was a steal we were just coming off 90 to the £ and into the 70's level when I completed the deal 12 months later.

Agree entirely if it suits the individual fair play

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
10 hours ago, petermik said:

You sounded snobby but you've had a humble upbringing

Horses for courses,you like Nirun OK up to you........many Nirum complexes in BKK.....all social housing for underpriviledged Thais :rolleyes:

On 3/21/2018 at 10:41, Invicta said:

Anybody on here got any recent experience of renting/  owning condo in the Nirun complex. Lots of bad press in the past, has this improved in 2018. On paper there seems to be " good deals"?

14 hours ago, alfazulu111 said:

Just can't help wondering what makes guys - who don't have anything constructive to add - keep slagging the place, just because they live under slightly better circumstances. Sad, really...

Take a look at the original post (top) "anyone here got any recent experience" this is a question regarding useful information  from a fellow BM on here.....I have given my own honest opinion,backed up by an owner in Nirun carlos.raf who also refers to Nirun as being similar to "council properties" in the UK.....this in your opinion is "slagging off"

Question for you alfazulu.....care to tell us how many times in the past couple of years the Police/Immigration/DEA have conducted "raids" in Nirun so as invicta gets a full and honest picture of what he may find?

What is "Sad,really" is members not giving the full facts..........warts and all..

All I have to say on this topic....my honest opinion

• Like 3

On 3/30/2018 at 10:06, petermik said:

Question for you alfazulu.....care to tell us how many times in the past couple of years the Police/Immigration/DEA have conducted "raids" in Nirun so as invicta gets a full and honest picture of what he may find?

Have no clue because  I've never been a part of it

On 3/30/2018 at 10:06, petermik said:

All I have to say on this topic....my honest opinion

edit

Edited by baise moi

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, bangna said:

If only there was an entry from 3rd Road side

I could not agree more

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

25 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

I could not agree more

Do you know if that has ever been brought up at an AGM?  It wouldn't cost much to have a coded access gate like View Talley has on Beach Rd, maybe the problem is that you would have to cross private property to get to a public road.

40 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Do you know if that has ever been brought up at an AGM?  It wouldn't cost much to have a coded access gate like View Talley has on Beach Rd, maybe the problem is that you would have to cross private property to get to a public road.

I believe that is the issue here

• 5 months later...

I have 

On 22/03/2018 at 14:39, NorCalKid said:

Haha, I have stayed in that unit twice.  I liked it other than the fact the sink doesn't drain right and the jackhammers working next too Maxx Hotel. 

My thoughts on Nirun.  DON'T BUY THERE UNLESS YOU HAVE STAYED THERE.  All the floors are different.  You really need to know which you want to be on and there's no way of knowing without being there.  I have stayed in A1,B1,B2, and C1 buildings. Best part of Nirun are the neighbors/community feel, worst part of Nirun is the neighbors/community.  You just gota try it to know what that means.  Pool getting repaired now.  You gota understand what your getting yourself into.  Shit is broken, the roofs leak, there is noise and smells(one reason you need to stay there first), shitty car parking, etc.  I mean fuck, the elevator was out in building D for what 9 months.  Do you want to live in a 12 story building run like that.  Living in Nirun is kind of an adventure and not for everyone.  Do not buy there till you know if that adventure is for you.  

IMO you shouldn't buy in a building in Pattaya till you have lived there.  This is doubly true of a place like Nirun.  EDIT: and though I have happily stayed in these little rooms I'm not sure I'd want to live out my days in one.  

I didn't stay there in Feb but here is the pool project.

40060023192_58a90cc391_z.jpgIMG20180204112446 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

Children cutting their feet EVERY day on broken tile.  Sometimes green, usually cleaner.

34771260081_c1aa5fe448_z.jpg20170524_122832 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

EDIT: There are a bunch of buildings in this price range.  9 Korat, Spanish Garden, that one next to the Thai boxing place on Sukemvit, Fly Bird, The Majestic(in Jomtien).  Nirun is far from the only budget option.  

I stayed in that very same room for a month, Great value I thought, has every thing you need along Soi arunathai, 7/11 tesco lotas. Government electric rates Rented a motor scooter too Rent electric and motor scooter was 12,000 baht for the month. short scooter ride for breakfast on Soi boukcow, blow job bars around the corner. soi bongkot. cheap as chips living there. Tho old Icelandic guys are a hoot too. I will be back in October 2019

• 9 months later...
On 03/02/2019 at 14:49, dingbat22 said:

I have 

I stayed in that very same room for a month, Great value I thought, has every thing you need along Soi arunathai, 7/11 tesco lotas. Government electric rates Rented a motor scooter too Rent electric and motor scooter was 12,000 baht for the month. short scooter ride for breakfast on Soi boukcow, blow job bars around the corner. soi bongkot. cheap as chips living there. Tho old Icelandic guys are a hoot too. I will be back in October 2019

Out of interest which are the BJ bars you are referring to ?

On 29/03/2018 at 12:53, petermik said:

Well it might not be the prettiest but compared to some dodgy council estates in the UK where you would be scared to go out at night ,with maybe stabbings and drug dealing gangs Nirun would be a haven of peace and a relative Palace in comparison. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bsand said:

Out of interest which are the BJ bars you are referring to ?

soi bongkot

17 hours ago, bsand said:

Well it might not be the prettiest but compared to some dodgy council estates in the UK where you would be scared to go out at night ,with maybe stabbings and drug dealing gangs Nirun would be a haven of peace and a relative palace in comparison. 

"Low end council property sadly" was my quote......not SLUM as you are describing....if Nirun is suitable for you good luck :WhoSaw1:

5 hours ago, petermik said:

"Low end council property sadly" was my quote......not SLUM as you are describing....if Nirun is suitable for you good luck :WhoSaw1:

No Nirun isn't to my taste nor would I want to live there. That said I have walked accidentally through the slums near Baiyoke and whilst shocking I felt no threat or danger. Low end council property might look superficially better in the UK but I wouldn't ever want to go and walk round there in a similar manner , my point being that the poor in Thailand seem to have more dignity and morality than some of the 'poor' living in the UK , and certainly better diets. 

8 hours ago, bsand said:

, my point being that the poor in Thailand seem to have more dignity and morality than some of the 'poor' living in the UK ,

You have much to learn if you believe Thai,s have more dignity/morality than folk in the Uk.....tell that to the thousands of young girls sent out to work in the sex trade here by their parents.

• 7 months later...
On 29/03/2018 at 22:44, carlos.raff said:

Brits would understand what I meant if i said its a "council" type of property.

Housing commision if you an Aussie but we have them overlooking sydney harbour  and tenants renting out car spots making a few extra bucks 

Edit a lot of few extra $$

image.png.4b7eecd8b10054e79b6d7c92ebec536c.png

Edited by talung66

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.